Dispossessed

The way this plays and then appears in my log book, with CM Patch is quite different from the description in the Wiki for this chain quest. I could not find anything about it in the patch log info from Ice & Blood. Is this one that was modified by the CM Patch?

I added this to the list of modified quest on the CM Patch quest list. It shows up as blue because it was added to the wiki before it was modified by the CM patch team. It needs major work though to show the changes. The CM Team fixed it so that it shows up as a regular chain quest in the log the way it should.

I think that for now I will designate the CM version Dispossessed - CM. People who do not have the patch will see the original Wiki content in game.

Whoever adds the CM content can then work with completely fresh page as well.

Edited by Ysne58

I just played this quest myself. There are NO changes to gameplay compared to the pre-CM versions. The only thing the CM developers did is that they unified the Dispossessed and The Thieves of the Elven Capital under the same title in the logbook. They only removed the title The Thieves of the Elven Capital from the log. But the gameplay itself is exactly the same.

The game play is similar. But the quests are titled differently without the patch than with the patch. Compare the log book entries between what is on the pages in the wiki and what you get with the CM patch. The difference it enough to call this one a major change in my opinion.

I think that only the gameplay changes can be considered major. There are a lot of pages in the wiki that have a mark 'was titled differently in previous versions of Sacred 2' on their top. So here we can do exactly the same. There is no need to double all the information when the only thing that changed with CM is the title. Just a note saying 'is titled differently with the CM patch' would be more than enough. We may also picture two logs for these quests. But I see no reason to create a separate page that would differ in a title and logbook only.

I think that only the gameplay changes can be considered major. There are a lot of pages in the wiki that have a mark 'was titled differently in previous versions of Sacred 2' on their top. So here we can do exactly the same. There is no need to double all the information when the only thing that changed with CM is the title. Just a note saying 'is titled differently with the CM patch' would be more than enough. We may also picture two logs for these quests. But I see no reason to create a separate page that would differ in a title and logbook only.

With most of those changes you are correct. However, I disagree with you that the changes to Dispossessed are minor simply because changing all four of those titles does make that one a major change for me. I believe that new players would be very confused -- However this is dealt with -- either by adding new pages -- or making notes on current pages -- this is an issue that does need to be dealt with.