Weird thing happened with A Letter Home

TSFF19

Ok, at the part where the Village Priest told me to either hand over the basket or fight him, I refused (decline) to hand it over, but the priest then acts as if I agreed, and the quest chain continues as normal. The weird thing is, my log marks the A Good Father quest as failed despite the chain itself being completed.

This also happened during the Spirit of Arthaman quest, where I refused (again, hit decline) to accept the Leader of the Horde's bribe, and yet they let me take the book in peace. Huh?

Ok, at the part where the Village Priest told me to either hand over the basket or fight him, I refused (decline) to hand it over, but the priest then acts as if I agreed, and the quest chain continues as normal. The weird thing is, my log marks the A Good Father quest as failed despite the chain itself being completed.

This also happened during the Spirit of Arthaman quest, where I refused (again, hit decline) to accept the Leader of the Horde's bribe, and yet they let me take the book in peace. Huh?

From what I've been able to make of the Letter Home quest, the priest is merely testing your resolve. The non-Nameless cult people value their family ties above all else. That seems to override their concerns that the kid is now off running around with the Nameless bunch.

That still doesn't explain why the game assumed I had both agreed to hand over the basket AND that I had accepted the Horde Champion's bribe when I distinctly remember Declining both of their offers.