Does it matter,main quest-line wise,when I do the new quests?

My Seph has reached the elven capital and while fooling about there took the ship to the new lands. Does it matter,main quest-line wise,when I do the new quests? Or should I complete the main storyline stuff first and come back to this?

It doesn't matter. As a matter of fact, I quite often will run the first part of the Blood Forest (the first 4 quest marks, in Freeplay) several times at low level. it can be a very nice source of Set armor and unique weapons.

Beware, however, once you leave the green field for the Blood woods it can get a little tough with the daemonic eyes and such. So tread littly until you are comfortable with your characters defense.

My Seph has reached the elven capital and while fooling about there took the ship to the new lands. Does it matter,main quest-line wise,when I do the new quests? Or should I complete the main storyline stuff first and come back to this?

As Loco said, it doesn't matter. You can do 'em whenever you feel the urge.

BUT... There is a possible issue when it comes to leveling up. The Christmas/Northland island, Crystal Plane and Blood Forest regions contain some very strong monsters. And as such, when you kill 'em, you get TONS of experience points. On lower levels, you can wind up leveling up several times before you're done. Under normal circumstances, this is a good thing. But when you get back to where you left off, there is a risk that the baddies you left behind - the ones that were about your level and giving you reasonable experience points - are now ringed in white and barely give you anything. In fact, if you continue on with the game, it can be quite dull slogging through weaklings.

So.. My 2 cents worth - On lower levels - Bronze and Silver - I say hold off doing those quests/regions until you're close to the end of the game. On higher levels - Gold, Platinum and Niobium - where the gap to get from one level to the next can be quite huge, the damage to the balance isn't going to be quite so great - I say do 'em whenever you feel you're ready.

As Loco said, it doesn't matter. You can do 'em whenever you feel the urge.

BUT... There is a possible issue when it comes to leveling up. The Christmas/Northland island, Crystal Plane and Blood Forest regions contain some very strong monsters. And as such, when you kill 'em, you get TONS of experience points. On lower levels, you can wind up leveling up several times before you're done. Under normal circumstances, this is a good thing. But when you get back to where you left off, there is a risk that the baddies you left behind - the ones that were about your level and giving you reasonable experience points - are now ringed in white and barely give you anything. In fact, if you continue on with the game, it can be quite dull slogging through weaklings.

So.. My 2 cents worth - On lower levels - Bronze and Silver - I say hold off doing those quests/regions until you're close to the end of the game. On higher levels - Gold, Platinum and Niobium - where the gap to get from one level to the next can be quite huge, the damage to the balance isn't going to be quite so great - I say do 'em whenever you feel you're ready.

Sounds like good advice. Can I finish the game and come back to this region,prior to restarting with a higher difficulty?

Sounds like good advice. Can I finish the game and come back to this region,prior to restarting with a higher difficulty?

You can do it anytime. Just teleport to any town with a ship icon and portal to one of the expansion areas. You can even go to a Freeplay game in Multiplayer LAN at anytime.

You can do it anytime. Just teleport to any town with a ship icon and portal to one of the expansion areas. You can even go to a Freeplay game in Multiplayer LAN at anytime.

If he's playing SP, then wouldn't using that charcter in MP freeplay not save his quest progress?

If he's playing SP, then wouldn't using that charcter in MP freeplay not save his quest progress?

Correct. You say that like it's a bad thing.. In freeplay, He gets map reveal and portals, XP and levels, items and gold, and fun.... and when he returns to SP he can do it again if he likes. or wait and run it again in Gold.

Correct. You say that like it's a bad thing.. In freeplay, He gets map reveal and portals, XP and levels, items and gold, and fun.... and when he returns to SP he can do it again if he likes. or wait and run it again in Gold.

Well.. I wouldn't quite go as far as calling it a 'bad thing'...

My main concern is NOT fouling up the main questline-I ran into some issues in Sacred 1 that makes me wary of jumping ahead too far. I wouldn't want to out-level the oppostion either. No fun playing whack-a-troll with weaklings....