Armor Question - explain Reneration Penalty to me please

Okay, so I bought Sacred 2 for PS3 today and have come across some items that give me either + or - "Regeneration Penalty".

Im assuming this is my HP regen amount.

So here is my expample..

I have a "unadorned tunic" that has a Regen Penalty of +1.7%, armor 5

and I also have a "Harness of Hides that has a Regen Penalty of +6.5%, armor 13

which is better and could someone explain the Reneration Penalty to me please?

------

Harness of Hides - Regeration 119.4%

Unadorned Tunic - Reneration 113.3%

Edited by Sicksicsixx

Negatives regens on items are better.

On you inventory screen, it will show your overall regen. This is like golf, 100% is par and under par is better.

Okay, so I bought Sacred 2 for PS3 today and have come across some items that give me either + or - "Regeneration Penalty".

Im assuming this is my HP regen amount.

So here is my expample..

I have a "unadorned tunic" that has a Regen Penalty of +1.7%, armor 5

and I also have a "Harness of Hides that has a Regen Penalty of +6.5%, armor 13

which is better and could someone explain the Reneration Penalty to me please?

------

Harness of Hides - Regeration 119.4%

Unadorned Tunic - Reneration 113.3%

Actually... it's not hitpoint regen - it's CA regen. Let's say you've got a High Elf and bare nekkid, without any armor, jewelry or weapons, her Blazing Tempest takes 1 second to regenerate.

Now then, when you put either one of those bits of armor on, that regen time goes from 1 second to 2.2 seconds. Wear more of these insanely over the top regen nerfers and you might wind up with a regen for BT at 5 - 10 seconds.

If all you're facing is one or two weak enemies that you can kill with one hit - no problem. But in reality, that kind of situation isn't the norm. More often than not, you're going to see multiple baddies coming at you so you want your Combat Arts regen to be as short as possible.

Btw.. I'm not entirely sure what the maximum is for regeneration penalty, but I've rarely seen anything above 25%.

There ARE things you can do, however, to nullify that nerfing.

Armor Lore.pngArmor Lore is your friend. One of the features of this skill is to reduce the Regen Penalty on such armor.

If you look at the Inventory screen, there is a colored bar (at least on the PC version, not 100% sure about the console version), that shows your current regen penalties and how they stack up. Bare nekkid, all characters have a 100% rating on this scale. In an ideal world, you want those penalties to be below that.

You start at 100%. Items you equip will either raise or lower that number. The lower it is, the faster your Combat Arts will recharge. For a magic user type character, it is critical to keep that value as low as possible. For melee characters, It is not as important.

Is there a max to how many points I can add to it?

Like with any skill, you can add as many points as your current level. That is, if you're at level 20, you can have a maximum of 20 hard points into the skill. But as with anything, you can usually find goodies that boost the Armor Lore higher. Those are what are known as "soft points"...

You start at 100%. Items you equip will either raise or lower that number. The lower it is, the faster your Combat Arts will recharge. For a magic user type character, it is critical to keep that value as low as possible. For melee characters, It is not as important.

Not entirely so... Armor Lore also allows your character to wear higher levels of armor - and that usually means better armor values - which results in better protection for your character. So... In that regard, it's just as important as it would be for a pure caster.

Not entirely so... Armor Lore also allows your character to wear higher levels of armor - and that usually means better armor values - which results in better protection for your character. So... In that regard, it's just as important as it would be for a pure caster.

I was talking solely of regen. I was already typing that post when you brought up Armor Lore. :)