Pwned by Platinum Guardians

Guest madDdog67

Guest madDdog67

The title pretty much sums it up...was hoping to slide into Niob difficulty tonight with my dual wield seraphim by taking down the Guardians in Platinum...but 6 deaths later, I've pretty much given up *that* idea for the time being :). I got the 1st one down, but then had 2 on my at once, and that was all she wrote...a good hit from even one of them took me down about 80% when my DA/DP combo ran out. It wasn't pretty.

I'm at level 80, and I know that some of my skills aren't where they should be--way too many points in ep/bargaining that could have gone elsewhere. I've managed to keep Constitution at 80 hard points, but my armor lore is a woeful 22, with NO bumps from gear. Dual Wield is at 50 hard points, so that's not good either. My armor is around 5200, I have about 8200 hit points. I'm using an officer's saber and a desert saber, both of them socketed with whet at the moment (I had fire and poison on em, but just re-did them for more physical damage).

I guess if I grind out 20 levels or so, I could get masteries in armor lore and dual wield, and that should help, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I should be thinking about along the way, so if anyone has some pointers, I'm all ears.

The title pretty much sums it up...was hoping to slide into Niob difficulty tonight with my dual wield seraphim by taking down the Guardians in Platinum...but 6 deaths later, I've pretty much given up *that* idea for the time being :). I got the 1st one down, but then had 2 on my at once, and that was all she wrote...a good hit from even one of them took me down about 80% when my DA/DP combo ran out. It wasn't pretty.

I'm at level 80, and I know that some of my skills aren't where they should be--way too many points in ep/bargaining that could have gone elsewhere. I've managed to keep Constitution at 80 hard points, but my armor lore is a woeful 22, with NO bumps from gear. Dual Wield is at 50 hard points, so that's not good either. My armor is around 5200, I have about 8200 hit points. I'm using an officer's saber and a desert saber, both of them socketed with whet at the moment (I had fire and poison on em, but just re-did them for more physical damage).

I guess if I grind out 20 levels or so, I could get masteries in armor lore and dual wield, and that should help, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I should be thinking about along the way, so if anyone has some pointers, I'm all ears.

The plat guardians is where the game really starts to get "hard" my best advice if you simply cannot "beat" them using normal means, is to drag a guardian into the hallway outside the main arena, that way you will only ever fight one at a time. This gives you a chance to just scoff potions like mad basically making you invincible. If you cannot survive the hits, the just desocket your armor and place combat runes from other class's that give Physical Damage % reductions.

Then you should be able to take a few heavy hits with some hp to spare. On another note Those 2 swords while having a nice amount of sockets the damage they offer is far below relative offerings. Your probably better finding swords with native %deathblow and %damage %physical multipliers, as that will increase your damage output and allow you to deal bigger hits faster.

On the NIOB guardians, my BFG seraphim struggled with them until the early nineties just because they were crit me for over 20k bigger then my hp pool at the time. It seems you problem isnt damage as you stated you took one of them down, its just your HP/DMG reduction. Buff those 2 things up a little and you should be good to go, infact alot of the seraphim sets have native dmg reduction so you should be easily able to achieve 30+%

Good Luck !

Um... Besides the obvious - finding better armor..? What else do you have in your skills line up? Tactics Lore? Pump as much as you can into that. Bring your damage per hit up.

Life Leech - any way you can get it - never hurt anyone (except the Guardians) If you've got armor with plenty of sockets grab some leech runes from the Dryad Cabalistic Voodoo or Inquisitor Nefarious Netherworld aspects and socket them into your armor. Platinum leech runes give you a +8 LL per rune that stacks nicely - even with %LL. Every little bit helps.

While grinding, save as many health pots as you can get ahold of.

+ All Skills and + Combat Arts rings and such are also a good idea - both to wear AND to socket into your gear. Don't forget to socket some Regeneration per Hit (RpH) as well - if you can make use of it. It works on consoles as well as in the Ice and Blood expansion - not so much on plain PC Fallen Angel. It helps cut those nasty CA regen times down to size.