Sacred 2 on Alienware

Hi all, I recently got an Alienware M11x for my birthday, and I installed sacred on it. Its graphics card is nvidia 1 gb, and has an i5 intel processor

now, when I start it up, my seraphim walks like she has a limp due to the screen freezing for a second, and then it crashes after a few minutes.

Also the lights on my alienware go nuts, flickering random colours.

Any solutions?

What version of Sacred 2 do you have installed?

Ice and Blood, 2.45.2 (cant remember the middle number exactly, but its ice and blood and has the 2 at the end)

I would start diagnosing a graphics problem with making sure all drivers are up to date and current.

then, go into the Sacred 2 options:Graphics menu and move all sliders to the lowest settings. And turn off PhysX! If this improves the frame rate and game play. Great! then slowly start bringing some of the detail sliders up until you experience problems again. That should get you to a playable level for the hardware you have.

What version of Sacred 2 do you have installed?

Ice and Blood, 2.45.2 (cant remember the middle number exactly, but its ice and blood and has the 2 at the end)

I would start diagnosing a graphics problem with making sure all drivers are up to date and current.

then, go into the Sacred 2 options:Graphics menu and move all sliders to the lowest settings. And turn off PhysX! If this improves the frame rate and game play. Great! then slowly start bringing some of the detail sliders up until you experience problems again. That should get you to a playable level for the hardware you have.

Alright, ill try it. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Shane,

Have you gotten Sacred 2 to work on you new lappy? I have an Alienware m15x i7 laptop, and have FINALLY after months of tweaking gotten Sacred 2 to play on it.

Here are what I have determined made it worked for me. Of course, sadly I have to say "this is what worked for me, it may not work for anyone else", just keep tweaking at it and as frustrating as it is eventually you will get it.

1. Delete the Nvidia Driver in Device manager (simply updating it didn't work for me I had to do a clean install of it)

2. Download and install the most recent Driver DIRECTLY from the Nvidia website, DO NOT install Dell's driver (Dell now owns Alienware :( in case you didn't kno). Nvidia has fixed some issues causing incompatibility with Sacred 2. But the Drivers available from Dell are several months behind and do not include these fixes. After many many hours on the phone with Dell Tech Support because I couldn't game on my gaming laptop... NVM long story but.... as a result Dell working on updated drivers with Nvidia expected release late June 2011.

3. Download and install the most recent Community Patch from Dark Matters if you can... you will need Ice & Blood version 2.51 (this also made the game run smoother with less crashing to desktop)

4. turn off PhysX and SLI both on your lappy AND PhysX in the graphics menu in game.

5. Run game in Windowed mode (yea it seems to run smoother idn why)

6. I Set graphics to medium, but I have more power... set to minimum and then turn up in small increments till you get the balance you like. turn off anti-aliasing, weather, v-sync

7. VERY VERY IMPORTANT.... on my laptop when Stealth Mode is turned on it is actually OFF and I am not getting all the power my lappy is capable of... and when it says it is OFF it is in fact turned ON... This is a known issue with these laptops and is being discontinued from the design. If you have Stealth Mode... MAKE SURE WHEN IT FLASHES ON THE SCREEN THAT IT SAYS IT IS OFF.

Good luck, hope my experience helped some.

*hugs*

Kiy

Edited by Kiyeri