Upgrade Sacred Plus or Buy Gold?

I have Sacred plus I had downloaded some time ago on ign. I thought that was the latest version at the time. my question is : Is there a way to ugrade to the latest version? Do I just need to scrap it and spend 10 bucks to get the gold version?

Thanks

I have Sacred plus I had downloaded some time ago on ign. I thought that was the latest version at the time. my question is : Is there a way to ugrade to the latest version? Do I just need to scrap it and spend 10 bucks to get the gold version?

Thanks

If memory serves - and a quick look around on the www, it would seem that you can indeed upgrade Sacred Plus to Underworld. Not sure of the exact patch level or procedure.

The description of Sacred Gold indicates that it comes with Sacred Plus and Underworld.

FYI... Just had a peek on Amazon and they have Sacred Gold for as little as $5.31 US... Might be just as quick and easy to just buy the whole shebang.

Edited by wolfie2kX

You won't need $10 for Sacred Gold. I can guarantee that there will be some sale, with the likeliest times being during the holidays. Given that I've seen Sacred Gold going for $5 from digital download sites, Amazon is not much more expensive. Personally, I'm not going to miss the additional cost of a postage stamp in comparison to digital downloads. BEFORE buying though, there may be topics on the official Sacred International Forum that will provide steps for a FREE upgrade to Gold.

A little late to the party, but...

I also had Sacred Plus and spent 2-3 weeks looking around for an Underworld-only download or whatnot. The one that someone linked (Stormwing, I think) at Good Old Games was $10. GOG also had Sacred Gold for the same price, so I just d/l Gold.

As DaveO said, they (older games) go on sale 1/2-price every month or two.