Skills for tank Shadow Warrior?

Hi, I finally broke down and registered here after lurking for 2 years. I am playing Sacred 2 on the 360 but posted here since it seems there's more traffic here and I don't believe there will be any differences between platforms for the info I'm looking for.

I'm working on a build for a tank SW. I'm only level 22 right now so its pretty early but so far so good. I thought I had it set in stone what I wanted to do but I've been waffling a bit now between toughness and speed lore. I have toughness on my inquisitor at level 92 and it doesn't seem to be as great as I thought it would be. Looking at it now speed lore might be a better option but I'm not sure.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Hi and welcome to the forums :)

Perhaps you can list the skills you have or definitely planning on taking. Personally I'm not a huge fan of either skill though I would probably opt for Toughness. But if Grim Resilience is a big part of your build you may need neither of them.

Hi, I finally broke down and registered here after lurking for 2 years. I am playing Sacred 2 on the 360 but posted here since it seems there's more traffic here and I don't believe there will be any differences between platforms for the info I'm looking for.

I'm working on a build for a tank SW. I'm only level 22 right now so its pretty early but so far so good. I thought I had it set in stone what I wanted to do but I've been waffling a bit now between toughness and speed lore. I have toughness on my inquisitor at level 92 and it doesn't seem to be as great as I thought it would be. Looking at it now speed lore might be a better option but I'm not sure.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Here is a example of a build that is unkillable(for me)1.armor lore.2.sword weapons.3.duel wield.4.DW focus.5.tactics lore.6.concentration.7.constitution.8.toughness.9.MC focus.10.speed lore.Speed lore for me is great,it increases attack and defense by a %(is good to have high as possible).Now you can try the same build with and with out speed lore and see for yourself the differences,but I would ask you:What would you like more;a higher attack and defense and be able to hit enemies easier?Or be hit more often and possibly die more often? Toughness is not needed but is does stack with armor lore so it will give a higher armor value and is a good defensive skill.

Depends what gear you have access to. If you have good smith arts and evasion jewelry you will have no problem hitting, thus the attack on speed lore will be redundant. The defense is nice but its small compared to something like ancient bark for example. If you take speed lore make sure to take the defense modification of grim resilience. Toughness would be good in combination with other % damage mitigation gear. Going from zero to 30% mitigation cuts your damage by 30%. Going from 40% mitigation to 70% mitigation cuts your damage by half! Aneal smith arts also make speedlore less effective. If you are getting 130% defense from speed lore and 200% from anneals the change in hit percentage from speedlore is rather small. Whereas mitigation keeps getting better and better the more you have. The opposite of diminishing returns. If you go with the mitigation strategy beware of % health reduction from eyes and also from damage over time attacks.

Edited by claudius

Thanks for the tips. Here's what I've done so far and where I intend to finish skills-wise:

AL Focus

AL Lore

Concentration

Armor Lore

Tactics Lore

Shield Lore

Hafted Weapons

Toughness/Speed Lore **

Combat Reflexes **

Spell Resistance **

The ** skills have yet to be chosen, I just hit level 35. I've made 2 mistakes so far. The first, and one I can't do anything with, is that I chose Idol as the last mod for Reflective Emanation. Slip of the hand I'm afraid. The second is recoverable it will just put me a few levels behind. Once I took TL I took it to 9 so I could mod the buffs. Problem was I decided to continue putting points in so I could mod Augmenting Guidon for the XP bonus. In hindsight I should've stopped for now at 9 and moved on to Concentration so I can run 3 buffs.

As far as buffs go I've been running Nether Allegiance along with Grim Resilience. Should I run RE instead of GR? Here's how I have those modded:

GR: Fortify - Readiness - Safeguard

RE: Backlash - Antimagic - Idol (oops)

Since the plan is to be a defensive tank I'm putting points into dexterity as I level. Once I hit 50 I'll split the points between dex and probably either INT (for the tower) or STR/VIT. Not sure yet but open to suggestions.

With this build level 18 is where there's some flexibility. In this case I chose Shield Lore, but I could've taken dual wield or hafted/sword if I wanted to go 2H. If I went 2H on this build then that opens a skill for whatever you want.

Thoughts?

Edited by pp2