How rare is it to find such an item as this?

Ok not sure where to post this but here seemed well enough and if this is the wrong place plz be so kind as to direct me to the thread I should have posted this in thanks. So I was starting over on my Dryad who is level 15 Shadow Campgain on Bronze (Slowing way down) and I finished up my unique mounts quest and before I rushed every so happidly over to the vendor to buy my expensive mount lol I checked my Inventory to see what other goodies I stumbled across. I noticed a REAL good goodie. I found Stradal's Hammar level 15 and its a 4 star. My fiance told me it was a legendary item but the one he showed me from sacred wiki was a higher lvled one. So how rare is it to find an item such as this?

Hrm... I don't think that I would want to calculate the odds of that happening.

Needless to say, it is extremely rare for that to drop from a mob (or even a boss!), but I think that it could be possible to get another one! Maybe... I haven't tested this in a looooong time, but...

Complete the Empty Office Quest (with any toon), except to claim the reward.

Bring in a new/low level toon into console co-op

Use the new/lowlevel toon to claim the reward.

You should get 2 low-level Stradal's Hammers, one on each toon, IIRC.

This technique can be used for any quest-reward (ie Blind Guardian :BlobRed: or Undead Legion, etc...)

Congrats on the Legendary drop!

Hrm... I don't think that I would want to calculate the odds of that happening.

Needless to say, it is extremely rare for that to drop from a mob (or even a boss!), but I think that it could be possible to get another one! Maybe... I haven't tested this in a looooong time, but...

Complete the Empty Office Quest (with any toon), except to claim the reward.

Bring in a new/low level toon into console co-op

Use the new/lowlevel toon to claim the reward.

You should get 2 low-level Stradal's Hammers, one on each toon, IIRC.

This technique can be used for any quest-reward (ie Blind Guardian :BlobRed: or Undead Legion, etc...)

Congrats on the Legendary drop!

So in that case 3 stars would be unique kind of hard to get and 4 star stuff nearly impossible? Just wondering cause I have quite a few 3 star things weapons to be exact and have sold quite a few three star things.

Yeah, that is a pretty good way to say it. Personally, I logged well over 3000 hours in this game (~ 14 months) and have never had a legendary drop for me... I saw my friend get one but none for me :(

IMO, if you want Legendaries on the console, you need to focus on Chance to Find Valuables.... the ideal Legendary farmer would be:

•  
  • Level 200
  • Have EP skill, maxed and with as much bonuses from gear as possible
  • gear with EP-modified CtFV... at least 500%
  • Be at or over 100% map explored
  • Have a Survival Bonus of 95% or more.

I saw a post recently that someone said they get about 1 4-star every 20 hours or so with this kind of toon...

Yeah, that is a pretty good way to say it. Personally, I logged well over 3000 hours in this game (~ 14 months) and have never had a legendary drop for me... I saw my friend get one but none for me :(

IMO, if you want Legendaries on the console, you need to focus on Chance to Find Valuables.... the ideal Legendary farmer would be:

•  
  • Level 200
  • Have EP skill, maxed and with as much bonuses from gear as possible
  • gear with EP-modified CtFV... at least 500%
  • Be at or over 100% map explored
  • Have a Survival Bonus of 95% or more.

Sounds nice and sorry you haven't had a legendary drop for you yet :( Guess I got lucky is all they felt bad for the noobie lol Pretty exciting though cause tomorrow would make an exact week I've had this game and I have to share the ps3 with my fiance. Getting the lvls is easy work but making that perfect toon for yourself takes time and is a challenge :D But thanks to all you great knowlegdable guys I've really have learned a lot.

I saw a post recently that someone said they get about 1 4-star every 20 hours or so with this kind of toon...

• 3 weeks later...

Very interesting. I'm seriously starting to think that the rarest of the rare items drop more often in bronze than the other skill levels.

Case in point, my daughter is currently playing on bronze and stumbled across an item I had never seen before, and it is not even really in the wiki: Scribe Bracers of Atherton (http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Scribe_Bracers_of_Atherton)

Now in the wiki, these are listed as a shadow warrior unique. BUT, my daughter was using a Dryad and found Scribe Bracers of Atherton for her DRYAD. I was floored. How can both of my Dryads that I've gotten to Niob and both have EP and tons of CFV never gotten anyting like this, but my daughter got these in Bronze, and had pretty much no CFV or EP?

I recall my daughter also found a unique non-set armor for her high elf a while back (can't remember the name) in Bronze... I still have yet to find ANY unique non-set armor for ANY hero in all of my playing, and I've probably loggged about 100 times more hours than my daughter. But none of those hours were in bronze...hmm... this game never ceases to boggle my mind.

Regarding legendaries, I've had about the same luck as essjayehm. I've only had one legendary drop from a normal monster (Enrico's Eternal Search), still patiently waiting for another... But it makes your level 15 legendary find in Bronze all the more amazing! Let us know if you come across another one!

Case in point, my daughter is currently playing on bronze and stumbled across an item I had never seen before, and it is not even really in the wiki: Scribe Bracers of Atherton (http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Scribe_Bracers_of_Atherton)

Now in the wiki, these are listed as a shadow warrior unique. BUT, my daughter was using a Dryad and found Scribe Bracers of Atherton for her DRYAD. I was floored. How can both of my Dryads that I've gotten to Niob and both have EP and tons of CFV never gotten anyting like this, but my daughter got these in Bronze, and had pretty much no CFV or EP?

Scribe Bracers/Gauntlets of Atherton are actually a quest reward from "The Spirit of Atherton" (which the Wiki is lacking details for).

They exist for all of the classes. I thought there was a page which showed the picture of each version (one for each class), but I can't find it anymore.

The Seraphim version listed on the Wiki has more details:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Scribe_Gauntlets_of_Atherton

Edited by Mystix123

Ok not sure where to post this but here seemed well enough and if this is the wrong place plz be so kind as to direct me to the thread I should have posted this in thanks. So I was starting over on my Dryad who is level 15 Shadow Campgain on Bronze (Slowing way down) and I finished up my unique mounts quest and before I rushed every so happidly over to the vendor to buy my expensive mount lol I checked my Inventory to see what other goodies I stumbled across. I noticed a REAL good goodie. I found Stradal's Hammar level 15 and its a 4 star. My fiance told me it was a legendary item but the one he showed me from sacred wiki was a higher lvled one. So how rare is it to find an item such as this?

A legendary at level 15?!

Great find!

:)

gogo