Chance for Critical Hits - Does it work for non-weapon Combat Arts on consoles?

Hi, does anyone know if the modifier "Chance for critical hits" work for non-weapon based CAs on the consoles? I asked as I took the 'Devastation' mod for Incendiary Shower and saw no increase in damage at all as I fought the NGs (tested with a pre- and post-devastation Inc. Show). Is this modifier bugged for the non-weapon CAs (e.g., IS, Glacier Thorns, Tangled Vine, etc) but is working for the weapon-based CAs (e.g., pelting strikes, archangel wrath, ruthless mutilation, etc) on the consoles? Greatly appreciate some advice. Thanks.

It should do, I've not heard of it not working. You may have been really unlucky. The guardians can be a little misleading damage-wise I've noticed though... (at least on PC) in that their energy shielf provides ~50%mitigation which lasts for some time even if the shield is destroyed and so you end up doing half damage and what looks like normal damage numbers may have been crits. Of course...that would still show some damage numbers that were ~2x other ones and I guess you would have noticed it. Perhaps try going to an area of normal mobs and just cast it on a bunch of orcs or something.

Thanks for the advise. I tried doing it on the orcs but found it difficult to track the difference in damage so I attempted it on the Kral Winged Demon instead. Again, I didn't see a difference, is Kral another boss with a damage mitigation shield?

Just some figures:

Without 'Devastation' mod = 4462-5541 damage indicated (8925-11083 when DBlow kicked in)

With 'Devastation' mod = 4462-5541 damage indicated (8925-11083 when DBlow kicked in)

No higher amount of damage was noticed throughout the killing process. Makes me wonder if it is really working for the console version.