Only getting partial Combat Art level

I'm currently playing an ice HE on PS3 and noticed something weird going on with my CA levels. Some of them are only getting partial levels even though they are below the max level without penalty. Here's an example.

Mystic Stormite Focus: 58 (with gear 128)

Max level: 35 (with gear 53)

Raging Nimbus: 31 (with gear 44.8)

I didn't write down the exact plus skills from my gear but the CA levels are:

All CA +5

Raging nimbus +3

Aspect: Mystic Stormite +6

That would give a total of 14 levels to Raging Nimbus. So with 31 runes, shouldn't it be level 45?

Welcome to the forums, Blackbolt666!

Good question, and one that took me the better part of a year (after discovering it) to explain it! :oooo:

Actually, that is correct, and it is because you have insane +skill gear. It has to do with the change in calculations that occurs when you obtain Mastery (75 "hard" points) in the Focus skills.

When you have +skills that takes your Focus over 75, but you have not actually distributed 75 points to get Mastery, the game displays the "mastery" forumlae, but because you have less than 75 "hard" points, the info in the tooltip is tecnically wrong. You are limited to the pre-mastery "Highest Combat Art level without penalty" instead of the post-mastery level.

Hope that helps!

Uhm... I actually never tested any of the others.

Can't think of coming across anything major that made me go "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, whazzup with that" so I don't think so, but it could be.

The only other skill that I can think of where it would be obvious is concentration. I don't remember my exact skill level with gear but I did notice that it says I can use three buffs. I haven't tried to use a third buff but I am tempted to use the next Fire Demon rune I find so I can try.

The only other skill that I can think of where it would be obvious is concentration. I don't remember my exact skill level with gear but I did notice that it says I can use three buffs. I haven't tried to use a third buff but I am tempted to use the next Fire Demon rune I find so I can try.

Well, if the tooltip for Concentration says that, then I belive that display glitch will be prevalent for all the skills when +skill gear raises the soft level above 75 before actual mastery is obtained.

You will only be able to use 2 buffs until you have 75 hard points in Conc, regardless of what is says in the tooltip.

I believe this may apply to all Skills honestly.

I noticed this same occurrence with Toughness. I've always had it boosted to above 75 using All Skills+ on certain characters, and the value showing on the tooltip always matched the values on Toughness Full Table, despite the fact that it shouldn't have had the Mastery bonus at that time.

I'll double check with some other skills that I don't have mastered after dinner.

Edited by Mystix123