The weird sounds in some Sacred 2 towns...

Has anyone else noticed this weird sound in some of the towns?

You'll be gearing up your character, or buying something from a shop, and everything will be quiet. Then, every once and awhile, you'll hear this little sound that goes, "Mmm...", like someone eating a cookie or drinking tasty coffee. It's so strange. I have absolutely no idea where it comes from but it makes no sense. Just a random little "Mmmm..." every now and then.

Anyone else experienced this? And do you have any idea what it is?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I don't know the answer to your question, but it sounds like it's part of the ambience soundtrack for towns. One time, I adjusted the sound options a certain way, and I was actually able to hear snippets of conversations in the background ambience. Not the two-person conversations you're supposed to hear in every town that are clear, but a usually subliminal background buzz that you wouldn't normally be aware of.

I couldn't make most of it out, but what I could hear was just talk-about-the-weather stuff, almost as if they hired some extras for a day, and the actors were just improvising "watermelon-squash" stuff the way extras do.

I didn't like the sound settings that amplified it, and I turned the other stuff back up almost immdediately. I haven't thought about this since.

Anyway, I think it's just another example of how good Sacred 2 is in its art and sound design.

I'm not exactly certain answer to this question as well, but I'm thinking what Begarthmth said as well, just ambient sounds made for the game. I've actually, on just chill time from back work really listened to what these guys have recorded for this game, and there's some really weird, wild out stuff.

It's one of the reasons I like this game so much, the depth is always there, even now.

:)

gogo