Game saying saved game has been manipulated

Your saved game has been manipulated. You are not allowed to trade with other users.

Thats the message I'm getting now, is there some trading regulations that I don't know about, I've just traded so far positions from one account to another, I don't understand why this would lock out my account, can somebody shed some light on this.

It was from a level 21 character to a level 14 character if that matters.

The game believes that you were/are trying to duplicate items.

Most common possible causes:

- You can't trade using or with copied saved files. Copied files are automatically "Trophy Locked" (can't get trophies using characters on that saved file) and "Trade Locked" (can't trade with any of the characters on the save file). Generally, I've seen that people who try some method of duping with a copied file end up with their main save file "trade locked" also.

- During couch co-op, you didn't save the safe way (2-Player_local_co-op_(PS3)). Not saving safely in couch co-op can corrupt your save file in multiple ways, but the most common are this same issue, or a straight corrupted file which you can't load.

If neither of these apply, then you'll have to think about what you did recently which would cause the game to think that you've been trying to duplicate items, and avoid said behaviour in the future.

I don't think there's a way to undo this, but it can help me confirm something for the Wiki: Could you copy the "trade locked" saved file to a USB key and see if the amount of KB the save file takes up on the USB key is the same as it takes up on the PS3 itself?

The only strange thing that happened that I'm aware of, was I was looking (at this site:) from my ps3, and without exiting the browser, I tried to log onto SAcred 2 and my game froze up, and I had to hard boot it

The only strange thing that happened that I'm aware of, was I was looking (at this site:) from my ps3, and without exiting the browser, I tried to log onto SAcred 2 and my game froze up, and I had to hard boot it

Sorry about the response delay.

That may have done it, depending on when it froze. If the game froze in the middle of trying to save, etc (anything involved in writing to the file), that would corrupt it. That goes for pretty much any game on the market (it was an issue with LittleBigPlanet the first).

Is this true with PC versions too? Coz if its true then I have to remake a level 82 toon darn it.....

Not sure. Don't have much experience with the PC version.

I'll have to leave this one to someone who knows for sure.

• 1 month later...
Your saved game has been manipulated. You are not allowed to trade with other users.

Thats the message I'm getting now, is there some trading regulations that I don't know about, I've just traded so far positions from one account to another, I don't understand why this would lock out my account, can somebody shed some light on this.

It was from a level 21 character to a level 14 character if that matters.

Not sure if this works for ps3 but for xbox360 when this happens do to bugs you can move your save file and it will fix it. Had it happen to me a few times and moving my save file from my hard drive to a usb stick then back fixed it.