Patch 2.43

Quick question. Does anyone know why I cant get my game settings to save with patch 2.43. It didn't happen before I downloaded the 2.43 patch. It also seems like the game isn't properly working, I sit in the start menu for a few minutes and the game just closes. Thanks in advance for helpful info.

Edit: I also just found out, I cant save any characters either. I just reinstalled windows, and I kept nothing, so I don't know what is causing this, its really bothering me, because I cant play the game. Im sure you understand my frustration, not playing this game makes me... lets say unhappy.

Edited by Brianwulf

I reinstalled it, without patch 2.43. It works fine now. I'm afraid that if I put that patch on, it wont work again. I appreciate the response though, If anyone knows what that's about, I'd like to hear it, cause I cant figure it out.

Edited by Brianwulf

I reinstalled it, without patch 2.43. It works fine now. I'm afraid that if I put that patch on, it wont work again. I appreciate the response though, If anyone knows what that's about, I'd like to hear it, cause I cant figure it out.

The $64 question - WHICH version of Windows did you reinstall?

XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8 all have different tricks that make the game work better - or not.

While we're at it, which version of Sacred 2 are you installing - the US or UK version?

For what it's worth - I had TONS of issues running the US version under Windows 7. I had many of the same sorts of issues that never quite got cleared up until I got ahold of the UK version and added the Ice and Blood expansion AND the 2.65.1 patch - which gives Sacred 2 an overall better compatibility with Windows 7. I'd say 99% of the problems I had before with the US 2.43 version went away after side-grading to the UK version and installing the expansion.

On THIS note, there's some good news, and some not so good news. The good news - the price of the UK edition from Deep Silver came down in price recently from 24.99 UK pounds to 14.99 UK Pounds (Down from about $40 USD to about $24 USD - depending on up to the minute exchange rates). There's a link for Sacred Gold (which includes the basic game AND the Ice and Blood Expansion, available for download) at the top of this very page.

The NOT so good news, OTOH... There have been some issues with the company Darkmatters deals with - DLGamer - getting product keys needed to install the game. I'm not sure what the issue is exactly. Gogo, our fearless site operator and leader has been trying to find out what's going on so people can get the game. Here's a link to that thread. Stay tuned to that link for the latest info on that issue...

Ah. But I see you're already posted on the thread... Anyhow.. Hopefully Gogo will have some info for us soon.

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah. Lack of info on my part due to temporary stupidity. Im running windows 7, and the US version, and I know about the whole thing with DLgamer. I was on that thread asking about what was going on, cause I want to pick up ice & Blood. Like I said, I have it running fine with just 2.40 right now, but Im afraid to upgrade because of what happened last time. Thanks for the info though.