New Adventures in Eve Online

I've been playing for two days now and the gragphics are amazing but the game itself isn`t that obvious... controls are complicated to learn, which can be fine in the long run. The fights are a bit redundant as you don`t personally aim at other aircrafts, it`s computer controlled. I'll play a bit more, hopefully the best is to come. As for it being the biggest online game I`d have to disagree. WoW is much bigger and has much more players playing all at the same time. And I`m sure others have more. Yesterday I played and only 12 000 players were on Tranquility... it's a lot, but not that much when you consider that's all the players playing this English version game.

Anyone that can convince me otherwise?

For now I`ll keep on playing a bit, give it a true chance... 2 days isn`t enough.

I've been playing for two days now and the gragphics are amazing but the game itself isn`t that obvious... controls are complicated to learn, which can be fine in the long run. The fights are a bit redundant as you don`t personally aim at other aircrafts, it`s computer controlled. I'll play a bit more, hopefully the best is to come. As for it being the biggest online game I`d have to disagree. WoW is much bigger and has much more players playing all at the same time. And I`m sure others have more. Yesterday I played and only 12 000 players were on Tranquility... it's a lot, but not that much when you consider that's all the players playing this English version game.

Anyone that can convince me otherwise?

For now I`ll keep on playing a bit, give it a true chance... 2 days isn`t enough.

Thier claim is the large game universe ever is true. Remember there is no instances, no zones, it is one giant universe of 3000+ systems and about 18,000 to 30,000 logged into that on universe. The sheer vastness of how much area you can explore or do stuff in is the size they are referring to.

There is a lot I like and dislike about EVE, I am not sure if I will renew when my year subscription comes due.

World of War Craft was tailored for mainstream masses of players, EVE is designed around a very focused type of player.

The vastness of the universe might be the biggest but I was mostly talking about the number of members online at the same time. 12 000 for a single game, paying at that, isn't that many, especially if you take into consideration that the world is so vast... And it's a bit of a false assumption because if you wander aimlessly 99.9% of this universe is empty. And unless you can actually scout planets it's only a big screen as if you were in a docking station. Not very hard to do. So far all my destinations were reached with auto-pilot, not very hard... And the fighting seems limited. But as said, you`re opinion is appreciated, I can`t whatsoever claim to know much about the game. Will be my 3rd playing session tonight. And I have a hard time with the chat rooms, but that I guess will be solved when I get to know which are better for my needs and that I have rearranged my settings.

Last night though I was given a mission with 12 ships to destroy... I was quickly destroyed both times by only 4 ships. It's now obvious to me that I have to better equip my ship and train my skills. But it was my 3rd mission, I`m clearly underpowered for it, and I have to spend credits every time to get this mission. I think it`s weird that the AI would give me such a mission so soon. Unbalanced? Can experience players also tell of their playing experience.

The graphics are amazing on a 42 inches LCD HD tv though :-D

Not sure what missions you are running. Any mission from a corporation agent that requires killing a target, unless something has change, does not require ISK from you. There are some trading missions that require ISK collateral on your part.

The game is vast and complicated. The learning curve is steep. It is also completely open ended and provides little direction, is it completely possible to bite off more than you can chew? yes. The EVE boards is probably the best starting resource on learning the game and the universe. CCP wanted to create a massive player driven universe, so that is what you should expect.

Combat is very much you set up, equipment, charatcer learned skills, and some luck...to me it is rather passive and requires little actual player skill (compaired to a game like Guild Wars)

EVE is a game I want to really like, but it seems the majority of the player base are loners doing their own thing for the most part. When I play online I want to have fun with people and a game that requires my full attention and skill to play well. EVE does not do that for me sadly.

Got different missions from different agents and I can't complete any. 6 ships to fend off is way too much for my little shuttle, can't even gun one down. I don't have enough money to buy other protective gear for my ship and it's too small to get equipped anyway. In the rookie section everyone tells me to go mine to gather some money and to read the whole fighting section online. The thing is... I'm a trader, not a miner, why would I go mine? :-D And I did the whole tutorial which is very long (useful mind you), I don't want to have to read a book before playing. The setting is great, so are the graphics but it doesn't move enough for me. I didn't see any politics whatsoever. And from all the players playing at the moment I think a lot were trial accounts which doesn't bode that well. Probably a very good game for someone who spends a lot of time playing it but the learning curve is way too steep. If a lot of people I know go play maybe

I'll give it another try but for now it's the end of my trader/pirate career in EVE...

Guest gogoblender

Excellent!

I'm lovin this dialogue

Keep goin guys...Blue Rookie c'mon man...find us the in we need...

WE're primed and ready ta splurge the bux on this one...

almost

I just need some more good and bad

As a veteran of these online games I"m really likin yer take on this and the dialogue you have goin with Cyg is excellent..it's really puttin the game up in the lights...

My kind of analaysis!

:P

gogo

Trading requires you have working capital to purchase good with and a way to move large quanities of goods from point to point, when you start you do not have any capital and no way to move a lot of stuff. The advice everyone gives you to start making money by mining is sound and correct. I am getting the impression you are trying to do these missions in your starter ship with starter equipment, which is really only good for doing the tutorial with. I will give the same advise everyone else has. Mine for some cash. Frigates are very affordable and easy enough on the ISK account to equip. As you why you HAVE to mine, there is not reason you have to..it is just and easier way to earn some ISK. Why would a trader do missions? When you mine you can make use of the market, find places where you can earn top ISK for the types of minerals you can mine and maximize your profit. You can also put materials on the market and you set the price you wish to sell at...so there can be more trading involved than may seem on the surface.