Question about 'exporting'

When I played HC closed net I could test things by exporting to single player and testing. But there is no option to spawn an exported character from single player TO single player.

Basically if that is not making sense I have my 10th skill and I don't know what to pick so I want to test. It's not that important because the character will be finished with this skill at 1 so it does matter that much, but I wanted to make it as optimal as possible.

So can I save/backup the characters folder (if there is one)? And then test?

Thanks!

Never got to the HC-closed, or any HC at all, but I do tend to back up my saves from C:\Users\Username here\Saved Games\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2. This on Windows 7, but if memory serves, should be same on Vista. Of XP not so sure.

So, one can easily back those files up. Which IS warmly recommended in case of HD failure or something similar.

And also test those all those skills to heart's content. ^^

I think what Stormwing means is that you can make a back up of the save file, in another location. Choose a skill, test it out and if you want to try another skill, then copy the backed up save form the other location back into your saves file and start again from that level up.

That'd be correct.... You need to back up the file for the saved game up before you start mucking about and then you can restore it if need be.

For Vista, Win 7 or Win 8, the file goes to C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Ascaron\Sacred 2

For XP it can be found in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Saved Games\Ascaron\Sacred 2

where <username> is whatever you log into Windows with.

I ususally keep a subfolder beneath the Sacred 2 folder mentioned above called "Backup" just for such things.

Another handy tip: Associate the files that end with Sacred2Stats with Notepad - this is so you can quickly open the file and verify you're backing up the correct set of files. It's best to back up BOTH files - for instance, the save game is stored in a file that looks like Hero21.sacred2save and there's a companion file Hero21.sacred2stats. The Stats file - as the name suggests contains statistical information on the character's game thus far - I.e. how much gold, how much XP, how many kills of every type, etc...

It will also tell you what class your character happens to be, making it easy to find them in that file. You may, of course, have multiple games saved in there.

You can find the right files also by sorting the Sacred 2 folder above by DATE. It'll always be the top or bottom file - depending on if you have it set for ascending or descending....

And to avoid sounding like Columbo - One more thing... Be sure you've fully saved the game and then exited the game to the main menu before mucking about with copying/moving files. Nothing corrupts game files faster than mucking about with files that are still being written to - assuming you DO want to back up a file you can open later on.

Hope this helps.