Hi again folks, long time no see.

I finally managed to save up enoguh to get myself a new laptop, so my old Xbox 360 copy of Sacred 2 is being retired as I now have a copy of Sacred 2 Gold (ver 2.65.1) for my computer instead. :cow_white:

This is where I'm a bit stuck though.

I downloaded the latest updated version of the community patch, but the zip file is still just sitting there in my downloads folder because I'm not sure where exactly to extract and install it to. :dntknw:

The game is currently located on my hd here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Gold

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

the executable is located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Gold\system\sacred2.exe

and I don't want to put it in the wrong folder and possibly mess anything up on accident.

So I was wondering if I should extract and install it to the "Sacred 2 -Gold" folder, or to the "Sacred 2 - Gold\system" folder?

Anyone? o.O?

Edited by Killibot 5000

Welcome back and welcome to the PC version and the CM Patch!

Actually.. It doesn't really matter where you put it. Putting the files in the same folder as Sacred2.exe won't do anything as the patch needs to be installed first. You're best bet would be to create a folder in the root of C: called CM Patch (C:\CM Patch) and extracting the files inside there. This way it's easier to find them later on.

Your next task, once you've extracted the CM Patch files would be to install the CM Patch. To do this, go to the C:\CM Patch folder that you've just extracted the files and double click on the CM-ENABLE.EXE file.

Assuming you've got Windows 7 or 8 on your new system, you will likely need to click through the system's UAC security system. Go ahead and do so.

The CM Patch installer will then locate the game and game files where they've been installed and will back up a number of existing Sacred 2 files and extract various updated versions of those same files and place them where they belong. Once the CM Patch enabler is done, the game will be good to go with the latest CM Patch.

Enjoy!