Backing up files

There are warnings all over the download section about backing up your files before downloading anything. I've always thought "you know, why bother? Kendra and I have downloaded hundreds of things, and have never had a problem". I'll tell you what, though, I now see the error and ignorance of my thinking. I downloaded something a few days ago, and poof, All my characters were erased, all 52 builds that took roughly 900 hours to get going smoothly. No big deal about things like my maxed-out blacksmith, but some of them Kendra made so I'll never get them back , being that she's no longer welcome in my life, house, or business. Well, you know what they say about hindsight. Man, to start from scratch...... I don't know, maybe I'll check out Dragon's Prophet for a little bit, I'm sure I'll come back to Sacred in time

Um.. You may NOT be out of luck...

Though it may take a bit of work to do it... Which version of Windows do you have?

I know that with Vista, 7 and 8, there's an option to restore previous versions of files. And I'm not 100% positive, but I think XP may have a version of this feature as well.

Simply right-click on the file, select Restore Previous Versions and find a version of the file that is from before you downloaded and installed those files. Right click on the file in question and select COPY. Then paste it into the original directory. This will restore the old version of the file.

Note: This feature depends on the System Restore function and it has to be working. If you disabled this for whatever reason, you're outta luck... Also, note, you probably will lose SOME XP, gold and what not as it will restore the last version of the file System Restore saved. But hey, losing a day or two worth of XP and such is better than losing the file entirely for good.