Lost in Underworld Main Quest

I have been wandering the dryad tree top maze. I eventually found a cavern that led to Sog-Yothoth...

I killed him and got a key. But now I don't know where to bring the key. My next quest marker is WAAAY northwest in the sort of 'wastelands' mountain area. Should I just wander the maze until I find the door that the key goes to? Am I missing a door in the cavern with Sog-Yathoth (dead)? I have been wandering around for awhile uncertain where to go.. I hope I am looting enough potions to replace the ones I drink (crosses fingers).

Thank you so much for your help.

I have been wandering the dryad tree top maze. I eventually found a cavern that led to Sog-Yothoth...

I killed him and got a key. But now I don't know where to bring the key. My next quest marker is WAAAY northwest in the sort of 'wastelands' mountain area. Should I just wander the maze until I find the door that the key goes to? Am I missing a door in the cavern with Sog-Yathoth (dead)? I have been wandering around for awhile uncertain where to go.. I hope I am looting enough potions to replace the ones I drink (crosses fingers).

Thank you so much for your help.