Any tips or pointers for my Battle Mage?

Ok, I know I've made fun of it before, but I wanted to see what the hype was about so I finally made a GOW BM, and the reason I've made fun of it is cuz of its major handicap against the undead. With that being said I'm only level 18 at the moment the only two CA I'm using are ghost meadow and GOW, (besides fireball, but that's you're starter spell) given I know its weakness I am trying to compensate for it, I on purposely saved skill points so I could max trading at level 12, (the other two skills I've picked was air magic and agility) and I got my little trader up and running, started hunting rings and ammys with + to all skills and poison spell X % along with looking for slots and spell regen. He's in decent gear now, and I believe I may have over compensated a little bit lol, I just killed dcay using only GOW along with all her little minions and my GOW was doing close to 110 damage per little tick of GOW, and anyone that knows the spell knows that is a lot of damage due to how many times it hits when you fire from point blank range. So, um yeah, dcay went down easy, I'm playing in silver like I always do, (the way I see it, if u can't survive silver from the start you may need to rethink how to play and build your toon, it only gets harder from there.) Well level 20 is coming up soon and I am trying to decide my next three skills, and any additional CAs I know to get phase shift for jumpin rivers and I want to get whirlwind to disarm some of the bosses to see what I can get (tree rage). But other than that I can't think of any other spells to support the build. Any tips? Or ideas? I was kind of thinkin goin with earth magic, for stoneskin and meteor storm, I just don't like the cast delay of that skill. And I know pure air builds are hard to play in higher difficulties due to major poison resists on some types of mobs. Any input would be appreciated

• Like! 1

When I last played a GOW BM I used ring of ice. From what I recall it helped alot in terms of defence - multi ROI with life leech and slowing down attacks plus I think there's less GOW knockback if they are inside the ice (not 100% sure). Ghost meadow is definitely the way to go.

Last BM I played was epoxs lightning build - great fun once you get the right gear. l'd recommend giving it a run in the future.

• Like! 1

I've basically been playing pong with myself, blow everyone to one side, quickly run over, blow them back. Or I work in a half ass circle, grouping as many mobs together, run around turn and cast, run turn and cast. I've been importing exporting and running around the silver creek porto vallum areas to level up mostly, not many archers there and poison resist isn't a big deal.

I tend to be a bit cruel to my toons tho, since I can't play online or multiplayer, I can't play hardcore mode. So whenever I'm playing the game in single player, if my toon dies, I delete him/her. :-)

Ok, I know I've made fun of it before, but I wanted to see what the hype was about so I finally made a GOW BM, and the reason I've made fun of it is cuz of its major handicap against the undead. With that being said I'm only level 18 at the moment the only two CA I'm using are ghost meadow and GOW, (besides fireball, but that's you're starter spell) given I know its weakness I am trying to compensate for it, I on purposely saved skill points so I could max trading at level 12, (the other two skills I've picked was air magic and agility) and I got my little trader up and running, started hunting rings and ammys with + to all skills and poison spell X % along with looking for slots and spell regen. He's in decent gear now, and I believe I may have over compensated a little bit lol, I just killed dcay using only GOW along with all her little minions and my GOW was doing close to 110 damage per little tick of GOW, and anyone that knows the spell knows that is a lot of damage due to how many times it hits when you fire from point blank range. So, um yeah, dcay went down easy, I'm playing in silver like I always do, (the way I see it, if u can't survive silver from the start you may need to rethink how to play and build your toon, it only gets harder from there.) Well level 20 is coming up soon and I am trying to decide my next three skills, and any additional CAs I know to get phase shift for jumpin rivers and I want to get whirlwind to disarm some of the bosses to see what I can get (tree rage). But other than that I can't think of any other spells to support the build. Any tips? Or ideas? I was kind of thinkin goin with earth magic, for stoneskin and meteor storm, I just don't like the cast delay of that skill. And I know pure air builds are hard to play in higher difficulties due to major poison resists on some types of mobs. Any input would be appreciated

I never used much of the BM, I was stuck on close-up melee in the day, and only lately loved ranged. I think Myles had a Gow build goin as well?

:)

gogo