200 Blacksmithing enhancing max level items?

Hey everybody!

I was theory-crafting a build for a SW and I've pretty much finished it, except I have some issues regarding the blacksmithing skill. I was checking out the wiki for the blacksmithing full table and it shows that at level 200 you can only enhance a level 100 item, but the max level for an usable item is 252. I am assuming that even with blacksmithing maxed and bonuses from items the skill level wouldn't go any higher than 200. Here are the links I was talking about:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Blacksmith/Full_Table

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Items/Usable_Item_Levels

My question is this: am I reading the blacksmithing table wrong, because I highly doubt that a maxed out blacksmithing skill would be stuck on items half the level of it's skill. How does it actually work?

I think the +level value in the table means you can enhance an item that many levels higher than your own character level. For example, if your character was level 100 with level 1 Blacksmith skill, he could only enhance items with a level no higher than 100 (because that is his character level). Higher levels of the Blacksmith skill will boost this limitation, so with maxed out Blacksmith skill, he could enhance items up to 100 levels higher than his character level (I.e., level 200 items).

So to be able to enhance the highest level equipment possble (level. 252 items), you could do so with character at level 152 and maxed out Blacksmith.

Edited by Flix

Don’t forget the dropped item maximum level restriction.

By those tables, you only need 104 skill points in blacksmithing.

To work with a level 252 item, a level 200 PC only needs 104 skill points in blacksmithing to get that +52.

But if a PC is level 104, the maximum dropped item is 132, which is already way under your +52 if you maxed out the skill to 104 points.