Sacred 2 Additional characters

While removing starter armor , I discovered placeholders for additional characters. Looking through old post, I see that I'm not the first to say something about it, and there's high chance that I won't be the last. I've also seen people discuss about why those placeholders will forever be blank, why we won't see any more additional characters. What I haven't seen is much discussion on what types of characters people would have liked to see if we could add additional characters to the game, so that's what this thread is about: characters you'd like to have seen, just for creativity's sake. I myself have a few.

1) A character of pure T energy. I was SO excited the first time I beat the game on silver with my Inquisitor. I thought "Sweet, a character of pure T Energy! Is he going to be all blue and floaty, like Doctor Manhattan? Or maybe just have blue/black veins, kind of like the guy from Skyline? How are they going to make a character of infinite without being so OP that it ruins the game?" I don't think it's a spoiler to say that I was slightly bummed when I discovered I wasn't T-Energy Man in the next difficulty setting, is it?

2) An icthyo sapien. I've seen a few movies lately with fish-men ,like Abe from Hellboy and the Haths from Doctor Who, and I think it would be pretty slick to play as one. My reasoning is twofold: I've never played as one and I love the bubble sounds of their breathing apparatus. On a side note, I've had many people try to correct me, the plural of apparatus isn't apparati, it's apparatus or apparatuses. Any way, I don't see a fish-man as a tank, but more of a support character, like the Temple Guardian.

3) A non corporeal entity. Of course one might ask how you'd be able to see it, maybe as a wisp that kind of looks like the Shadow Warrior when he uses his Shadow Veil. I see this character as great fun, having the ability to jump into anyone it comes into contact with. In addition, I think it'd be fun to be able to morph into any of the other characters in the game. There are many times when I'm playing and I think "Man, I wish I had the Shadow Warrior's...." or "The High elf's .... would come in handy right about now". Well, there ya go, a character that could wear any armor/use any weapon they find, with access to every single C.A in the game.

4) A character who's body is always flowing and in flux under the surface, like water or lava. My fiance just walked into my office and said "Really? Lava Lamp Man? Those poor people on that site are going to think you've lost it!" Well, ladies and gents, I've been on here a little over a year, I think it's slightly too late for me to start worrying about that now :)

So, those are my ideas, I'm curious what others would have liked to see, regardless of whether or not we can actually have it.

Edited by gogoblender

The general feedback on classes is usually “I liked the dwarf from Sacred 1 so much, and don’t like that he was replaced by the Temple Guardian. Bring the dwarf back!” As a huge TG fan it hurts me reading this every time. After playing the dwarf for a while, I see the mass appeal and hope that one day there will come a Sacred 2 dwarf class mod to shut those critics up.

On a side note, I committed sacrilege and moded TG into Sacred 1. Still a work in progress, and maybe one day I will post it here. The flamethrower is now a lighter, the guns have stronger recoil, and I couldn’t replace the speech files, so he has a “slight” accent.

On 1 and 4. Technically your T-energy god would be your “lavaman”, but all blue. Maybe even throw in “on fire” effect. Maybe you should look into moding the elementals?

On 2. Icthyo sapien? Why not mod the lizard men from the swamp?

On 3. You want Ditto as a PC? Why morph? Just use the WilloWisp model and remove all class restriction to become an animated armor. Sadly, I suspect the item animations will probably look terrible. And you won’t be able to pass through walls or doors.

I did give thought into the skeleton quote “Just once I wish we were the good guys” and would love to see SW deteriorate to the point of coming back in Sacred 3 as a full Litch PC.

So another big question would be, which NPC would you want to play as? Maybe a werewolf, but that was already taken by one Dragon Mage mod and TG. Minotaurs might be fun. Hell, why not play as the rabbit from Monty Python.

Interesting. As far as modding, I know nothing about it. I'm scared to dabble much into it, for fear of irreparably destroying the game. It might indeed be fun to play as a Minotaur. I don't know anything about Monty Python, I saw five minutes or so of some holy grail thing and absolutely loathed it.

While removing starter armor , I discovered placeholders for additional characters. Looking through old post, I see that I'm not the first to say something about it, and there's high chance that I won't be the last. I've also seen people discuss about why those placeholders will forever be blank, why we won't see any more additional characters. What I haven't seen is much discussion on what types of characters people would have liked to see if we could add additional characters to the game, so that's what this thread is about: characters you'd like to have seen, just for creativity's sake. I myself have a few.

1) A character of pure T energy. I was SO excited the first time I beat the game on silver with my Inquisitor. I thought "Sweet, a character of pure T Energy! Is he going to be all blue and floaty, like Doctor Manhattan? Or maybe just have blue/black veins, kind of like the guy from Skyline? How are they going to make a character of infinite without being so OP that it ruins the game?" I don't think it's a spoiler to say that I was slightly bummed when I discovered I wasn't T-Energy Man in the next difficulty setting, is it?

2) An icthyo sapien. I've seen a few movies lately with fish-men ,like Abe from Hellboy and the Haths from Doctor Who, and I think it would be pretty slick to play as one. My reasoning is twofold: I've never played as one and I love the bubble sounds of their breathing apparatus. On a side note, I've had many people try to correct me, the plural of apparatus isn't apparati, it's apparatus or apparatuses. Any way, I don't see a fish-man as a tank, but more of a support character, like the Temple Guardian.

3) A non corporeal entity. Of course one might ask how you'd be able to see it, maybe as a wisp that kind of looks like the Shadow Warrior when he uses his Shadow Veil. I see this character as great fun, having the ability to jump into anyone it comes into contact with. In addition, I think it'd be fun to be able to morph into any of the other characters in the game. There are many times when I'm playing and I think "Man, I wish I had the Shadow Warrior's...." or "The High elf's .... would come in handy right about now". Well, there ya go, a character that could wear any armor/use any weapon they find, with access to every single C.A in the game.

4) A character who's body is always flowing and in flux under the surface, like water or lava. My fiance just walked into my office and said "Really? Lava Lamp Man? Those poor people on that site are going to think you've lost it!" Well, ladies and gents, I've been on here a little over a year, I think it's slightly too late for me to start worrying about that now :)

So, those are my ideas, I'm curious what others would have liked to see, regardless of whether or not we can actually have it.

1.) Having your shadow oriented character start off as a refugee from the Blue Man Group wouldn't make sense. Each level is a replay of the same storyline from the beginning - only on a higher difficulty level.

2.) Fish people? Just as long as they're not like Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars. :sick: You're right tho that these guys would be highly fragile. Break their breather and they're toast.

And TGs actually do pretty well as tanks - as long as they've got their shields leveled and modded properly.

3.) There are a few characters in comic books that are like this. They weren't really mainstream characters, but they were there. Not so sure I'd wanna go this route. What if the character you possessed had sucky skills? How would you kill suck a character anyhow? They would be immaterial - so you couldn't hack and slash them to death. If the body they borrowed was dying all they'd have to do is leave. Doesn't sound like it would fit into the general concept of the game.

4.) Lava man? There'd be a lot of reasons why not.. but mainly you probably wouldn't last too long in say the crystal plane or Northland Island. Not to mention all your weapons, armor and stuff would tend to melt and buildings you entered would tend to become smoldering ash... And people would likely want to run away from you.... Something that hot would be quite uncomfortable to be around..

How would you kill suck a character anyhow? They would be immaterial - so you couldn't hack and slash them to death. If the body they borrowed was dying all they'd have to do is leave. Doesn't sound like it would fit into the general concept of the game.

And people would likely want to run away from you.... Something that hot would be quite uncomfortable to be around..

Ghosts in D&D and Pathfinder are "incorporeal" - you can't damage them with regular weapons. BUT, you can damage them with any magic, and any weapon with a "+1" is considered magical.

Here is the quote from the Pathfinder Core rulebook page 567:

"Incorporeal: Creatures with the incorporeal condition do not have a physical body. Incorporeal creatures are immune to all nonmagical attack forms. Incorporeal creatures take half damage (50%) from magic weapons, spells, spell-like effects, and supernatural effects. Incorporeal creatures take full damage from other incorporeal creatures and effects, as well as all force effects."

Plus, we already have ghosts in the game. Why not copy their stats and call it a day?

I agree, making a PC that by all logic should scare away the NPCs (like the evil T-energy god) would break the immersion.

Edited by SX255