Question: Completely Random Spawn Levels

Please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere. I've searched but haven't found what I'm looking for.

Sacred 2 has leveled encounters, e.g. the mobs level is generally calculated based on your own. I know that there are some tweaks that can be made to this via the balance.txt and to a lesser extent the spawn table text file.

My question is, would there be any way I could go further than this, even if it was somewhat nonsensical or game breaking? Is there any way I could modify the game so that spawns were not based on my level at all, but were 100% random from 1 to 206? I'm interested in the idea of doing this, and then thinning out the spawns enough so that the game was somewhat playable like this. I know I can thin spawns via the text files, but haven't seen anyone suggest any possibility of removing the connection between spawn levels and my own level.

Is this in any way possible or is there any alternate idea that might accomplish something similar to this? Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me!

I was recently advised to alter spawn levels in the file 'region.txt': it seems that when the parameter 'maxLevel' is set to zero, then the spawns should be more like your own level. Alternatively, in this file you can set minlevel to 1 and maxlevel to 206 if you like - though you'd have to do this for all listed regions.

• Like! 1