Perfume: the movie, finally

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

A few years ago I was in Australia for a few months on a work contract with some friends of mine here from montreal.

We had met up with a great bunch of aussies who took us into their hearts, showed us around and made us truly feel at home. We had the great fortune to spend a christmas and new years there and during a gift exchange I was lucky enough to receive a copy of Patrick Suskind's classic bit of literature, Perfume.

With a name like that, I was loathe to cast even a second glance at it. However, one day whilst bored I saw the book lying all dusty in a corner of the room. Picked it up. And was enchanted, transfixed and horrified all at the same time. Patrick Suskind's prose is unlike anything I have ever read before. The beauty of it is, the english work is a translation! Bravo to the soul who found and beautifully mirrored the author's sentiments on paris during that time and the interior of a truly unique murderor.

This is a book that I read every day simply to learn that all is never as it seems and our senses are capable of so much more than we ever dreamed of.

The trailer of this movie is wonderfully detailed, replete with all of the imagery I had imagined years ago and still dance within my head when thinking of the novel.

Enjoy

http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/p...lg_trailer.html

:D

gogo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just watched it yesterday. Movie is as good as it's sounds.

Amazing story line. Start and middle is just nailing you in it. In the end it goes little sci-fi :4rofl: but still very nice finish. I don't know how but finish might a been better.

Must see movie.

Guest gogoblender

Ahhh, I haven't seen it yet but am happy that someone who's opinion I like has critiqued the movie with a smiley.

Glad you liked it Yarasa and I can hardly wait to see it as well!

:4rofl:

gogo