Will Sacred2 network like GuildWars?

You know...I think it will!

and in this case, the instances could be capable of handling from 16 to thirty two peeps at once!

And the really cool thing is...Gw's techs are getting old. They're gorgeous and do work...but a year from now, they'll be old.

With Sacred 2, apparently you'll have the ability to start off in an instance, then...if yer having a hard time with it, call someone over from another instance into YOUR instance!

No messy cuts, not pause button...

Next years instancing technology is lookin great!

So...am I reading this right?

Read the article here and tell me what you think.

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2007/031707b.html

Cheers!

:whistle:

gogo

My take on this is that there are currently two ways of doing online games.

One is the sacred way...one huge instance 24/7, also the WOW way...expensive this to do it right.

Number two is having just towns in the game being communal instances, with the capacity to spawn instance for SMALLER groups of people...like in GW.

This method is cheaper and easier to run.

Obviously the second take on an online community brings down costs a lot and allows GW to to remain online as long as they keep producing new chatpers to their franchise.

For the longest time I was wondering as to how Sacred could offer such lush grahics, amazing options and STILL attempt an emulation of the universal instancing that was found in Sacred.

I'm thinkin that from what I read in that article they have be able to put a twist on the instancing idea and give us what we need at the price we want to pay.

:whistle:

gogo