Cheese

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

I love cheese.

Who doesn't?

Chunks of melted Gruyere in french onion soup au gratin with madeira wine...delicious.

A piece of fresh Roquenfort with grapes and strawberries...ahhh

Soft brie smeared on crackers....

Delicious melted mozarella on pizza...

Fried Parmesan cheese squares covered in bread crumbs then quick fried...

I"m not really a fan of cottage...lol, all that diet stuff kills me...but I here cottage has it's place in lasagna no?

And...feta's not really my thing either...something about the smell...indeed...I can only take so much of roquefort...but the first few bites are always amazing.

And how bout this...

Cheese curds dropped on top of french fries then heavily sauced with yummy delicious pork gravy...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/t...outine-clow.jpg

Mcdonald's...here ah come!

:drool:

gogo

Cheesieier every day, many times a day, my main food is cheese it seems, thats why I am so fat..:) and soon round and yellow maybe some green and white..more like a cheese every day

LOL Pure Acid...Cheese really is the greatest though isn't it! It's always sat the in the fridge waiting for a huge chunk to be taken off it....and you don't even have the faff of needing to anything else with it excpet eat it up....yummy!

Ahh Cheese on Toast and hot and stringy melted inder the grill...with marmite on the toast before the chesse gets melted....I'm going to have to go make some now!

Guest gogoblender

awwww...pure...I love cheese so much that sometimes I just gotta hug it...and so...here comes a hug fer you!

*hugs!*

yeah...cheese is just amazing stuff...heh..don't know why I wrote about it yesterday...but Cthulhu I think hit on a part of it.

Sharing stuff with friends rocks.

+++

And...a cool new way of eating cheese I've found...I get a cup of soup...any kind...and when noone's lookin...I drop huge chunks of cheese in it.

Hot

Gooey

Stringy

stretchy

unctuous!...

mmm...yummy

:drool:

gogo

p.s. wow did I spell that word right...oh never mind..here comes llama :rolleyes:

heheh GoGo do you get those pots of dried noodles there...you know the ones...you add water and voila...something you can't call food but oh god I love em....Pot noodles they are called...well...chicken and mushroom ones...after I pick all the nasty dried bits of evil sweetcorn out of it...add some chunks of cheese and the little sachet of soya sauce.... :drool:

Just like yer soup all that stringy cheese YUMMY

Guest gogoblender

ahhh, wait...are all those noodles in freeze dried packs that you just shoot into water and a few minutes later they all come out all cooked and flully and huge with mini veggies in em?

I think we call that Ramen here.

though...lol, I don't think I've ever reallhy thought of putting cheese in those, hahah.

oooh...just thought of another one....Cheese fondu...

woot!

:)

gogo

well I have not been eating on a resturant since jsut before christmas, might add cheese to my noodles tonight, since I want that perfume for 65 US $ that madly. THAT do certainly not smell cheese ( cheese is good but not as perfum) no..BlackCurrant and cucumber actually -- awesome perfume.. :D

Guest gogoblender

wow!

haha, are you serious?

they have a perfume that smells like blackcurrant and cucumber?

:lol:

lol, awesome!

got a link?

thanks!

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...

Fried Mozzarella.....oooh sooo yummy...sliced up Mozzi cheese...sprinkle over salt and pepper...dip in flour...then in egg then in breadcrumbs and shallow fry in hot oil!...ooowah!...I like to sometimes add some chilli flakes and extra thin slices of garlic :)

• 1 month later...

Cheese is good

in quebec there are all sort of cheese (like anywhere else)

but I like the camenbert - it from france.- its hard, stinky- and it gives me a bowel movement every time- good bye constipation! /diablo

Here we arent huge on cheese as everyone everywhere else is. If we are lucky our grocery store will carry different types of "specialty cheese" - what we call it cause its not usual here

although we rarely get anything. I do love Muenster thats prolly my favorite. and Gouda sliced up, I used to sneak some out of my grandmas fridge every now and then. We arent as special as you guys in other countries that have a taste for cheese.

as for the "pot noodles" we do call them ramen here. Instead of having veggies or anything like that in it,

it is just a plasitc bag with layered dried noodles (all basically connected in long strings and then folded) and a packet of flavoring like creamy chicken or oriental. and we just use water and salt and the packet or a boulon cube which is better then the packet stuff. they are like 10 for $1.00 and soo worth much more! they are soft and creamy and I love em!! I dont know about adding cheese to them, it would be like chicken flavored macaroni and cheese lol

We should all get some bulk no spoil food and ship it off to each other to try out new stuff!! /woot /yay /heart

• 2 weeks later...
Fried Parmesan cheese squares covered in bread crumbs then quick fried...

Do you know how to make these? One of the decent restaurants here in town serves cheese fritters as an appetizer and combine parmesan, mozzarella and another mild white cheese in squares and quick fry them and I absolutely adore them; I'd love to make my own.

Just made lamb chops with onions and cheese for dinner, served with peas and mashed potatoes. Just thought I'd share ;)

Edit: Pork = Lamb

Damn you and your lamb. Sounds pretty good though... would be even better with chicken. Did you cheese up the potatoes and peas too? If not, you should have.

I still have your fondou pot, by the way; you left it at my place over Christmas.

Fried Mozzarella.....oooh sooo yummy...sliced up Mozzi cheese...sprinkle over salt and pepper...dip in flour...then in egg then in breadcrumbs and shallow fry in hot oil!...ooowah!...I like to sometimes add some chilli flakes and extra thin slices of garlic :D

Awesome, now I know how to make my own! I do love my fried cheese.

Have you tried other varieties than mozzarella?

Mmmmn deep fried brie/camenbert YUMMO!!

They have it in this chicken salad at the cafe near us....with a strawberry dressing....sounds weird but tastes unbelievable...

Would love to give it a go myself :D

/drool Looks delicious Ankh! /drool

Thanks for the recipe, when I get out of bed I may give em a go /wink

If I ever get out of bed /rofl

If ya try them, I suggest trying them with a good Italian sausage, I think they'd taste great with it. I also think I may have slightly overcooked mine, as they weren't gooey at all; more like parmesan bread :D

• 4 weeks later...

I've made mozza sticks by rolling strips of mozza in egg white....then in shake n' bake....and then by baking the suckers on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.

they're yummy!

....and bad for you...

I love cheese.....I have put it in my soup before as well and I am a sucker for swiss and gouda.....mmmmmmm

oooh and poutine....and cottage cheese....and french onion soup with loads and loads of cheese......

I've made mozza sticks by rolling strips of mozza in egg white....then in shake n' bake....and then by baking the suckers on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.

they're yummy!

....and bad for you...

I love cheese.....I have put it in my soup before as well and I am a sucker for swiss and gouda.....mmmmmmm

oooh and poutine....and cottage cheese....and french onion soup with loads and loads of cheese......

hey adrienne! from qc:) me too! nice meeting you!!

but I don't like poutine...it's too fattening /oooo /sick

Ade is from NS, not QC... we have poutine here too, though from what I understand, it's a Barstewardized version. ;)

Mmmm.. all this cheese talk makes we want to have a fondue party. /drool

There is real poutine available here, but it's less common than the Barstewardization. Real poutine uses fresh cheese curd, most places are too cheap to get cheese curd (and fresh at that) so they use mozzarella.