Damage types in CommunityPatch 1.60

Hi folks. I have a doubt about damage types. I know that you can forge a ( for instance ) a piece of lava into a weapon to add fire damage to that weapon overall damage. Thing is that when I create "ice weapons", while I can see the opponents getting hit have a chance to slow down and a bunch of colored spirals show up on their heads, they do not slow down as much as when some enemies hit me. For instance, now I am at the swamps and some enemies hit me and slow me down to crawl. Killing them when in that state takes waaaay more time than usual.

So my questions are :

1- It seems to be levels to how much they slow down, maybe when I have more "ice damage" then they slow down more. Is that correct?

2- Is it possible to have a character that makes 100% damage of a certain type? I can see ice crystal, lava pieces  magic pearls all over the place, but they always show the same % of conversion from physical to "x type" damage.

Yes, secondary damage effects will scale their intensity based on the proportion of damage dealt of the parent damage type.  So 100% ice damage will have much more intense freezing effects.

The slowing spell you mentioned from the Swamps is something different.  This spell is called "Blind" and it has a built-in, guaranteed debuff to your attack speed and attack rating.  Fortunately it causes no damage but it is a pain to deal with.

• Thanks! 1

Typically you would use spells to get 100% damage of a given type.  I do not believe it is possible to get 100% damage conversion on weapons but you can get very very close at high levels.  Maybe in the 90% range. 

If you want to improve the chance and intensity of freeze (or other secondary effects) you can also invest in the skill "Damage Lore."  

• Thanks! 1