Need help to fix my leveling brain (Pulease Help Me level!)

Guest FrostElfTwin

Guest FrostElfTwin

k.

My pattern is this:

Start a new character. Since I have a goldmine in starter equipment, this actually takes a long time.

Must get regen spells / RSM gear with sockets.

Must socket life leech. (Dwarf shopper anyone?)

Must create or use a combo suit to make a level 20 combo for the new character.

----> Play through bronze.

(Saving all super cool CAs, converting junk to buffs for the current char. That is: all 'great' runes are kept for muling and starting my (or other people's chars)

At level 20, jump up to silver.

Zip up to level 60. (Leveling in ghost cave/orc cave/giant cave...when ready: hitting UW Pirate's Cave or Sakkara nest of VoT)

At 60 jump to gold. Shop.

Play in either silver or gold, where ever the xp is best.

Reach level 100.

Stall.

Up to 60, bascially every rune is just saved. Hardly any are applied to the character.

At 60, the character is brought up to level 20 or so in each CA (if possible) by reading the stored runes.

At level 100 I'm tired with my toon, and have had a yearning to play another class... usually 'cause a set item drops for another class--and I think---oh--that would be so neat to play the other class--or sometimes just a RUNE. And I remember how fun that class was to play with that rune.

At level 100 how would I make my char more effective? The super-charged start my toons now can get makes bronze and silver and even gold a snap. {And I have recently started from scratch with nothing added in--just to see what it is like)

Help!

My suggestion is ditch the sets and shop like a mad man for + to ca gear boost the heck out of your Combat Arts.

Once you hit gold or plat. I found I was getting bored with my Ms Battle Mage around level 100 so I ditched my set to see how high I can get my Combat Arts and still keep my regen times down to the minimum. As to where I wouldn't get clobbered. and of course I upped my crit hit and ll just for the jump in difficulties. It has proven to get my back on track with my toon once more

For me, there is no cure for this problem. I just keep leveling the toon some point and sooner or later they will become boring. It doesn't matter are they super strong overpowered killers or medium builds or some crazy bit weaker build. Sure I can play few levels to these chars, but it's maybe ones in month or in two or three months if even that often.

Biggest problem when you reach higher level is the fact that you can't get much better than that anymore.. even if you could, you don't need to get any better. You can do fine whit the same gear from gold to niob (if talking about armors, not weapons) so you loose one of the great things in this game.. and that is finding new stuff and making your toon better. And your drop chances increases on higher levels so it's not hard at all to get new versions of your allready found "good" gear.

Another turn off is leveling speed and the fact that normaly there is more players on lower levels which is better for the experience and for fun. Who anyways likes to play on a empty server? it's fine when playing few minutes just for fun, but if planning to play few hours.. now then it makes huge difference as the experience sucks and monsters are way too weak and you maybe get that one or two levels on a hour which doesn't make any difference as you need allways atleast 10lvl's to get that next update item or new challenge (or to me it feels so :P)

Edited by Obsession