How hard can it be?

I made an attempt to get off of the sauce.....well, actually I don't drink. But I did attempt to get off of sets today.

This was prompted by the simple fact that there is no real set for a non-magic sword swing Wood Elf. Not a one.

I have two WE's now, my spear swinger and my sword swinger. Both were built on the same platform--strength. The goal was a female glad. Their dex get's boosted from time to time as does their physical regen. But strength is the star of the show. The two differences between the two is the spear WE, wearing the full(whatever the name of that long-handled set is, lol) and has trade. While the sword WE, going back and forth between sets, opted for disarm.

So I brought the shopper in and bought a bunch of damage and crit rings and socketed the other WE's equipment. I had her wearing an almost complete Llorenth set, but was not happy about the damage uses gold mod. I started finding Megs pieces so thought that snow damage might be nice.

The results were increased def,res and att. Also the damage of my prototype went from 400+ to 600+. Not bad, right?

Not satisfied I brought the shopper back and bought all new equipment and damage rings. I trippled my def and att and my res went through the roof. But I lost my pretty pink glow and my sword lost it's teeth.

Third time's the charm. Going back to the shopper, I raided her chest for octo armor, polemide bracers and boots. Arawhosit long sight helmet and some greaves that I forget. The common factor in all these pieces? Moderate plus to attack and defense on each. Back to the shop for more damage rings and a quick transfer.

In the middle of changing my armor yet again, I was happy to see my stats skyrocket. But my heart fell as I completed the transformation only to see my attack fall again. I started swapping out like crazy, trying to go for a happy medium. I never did get my numbers the way I wanted. But I did resolve to get her to gold tonight so that she could shop from my dwarf's chest were a collection of unique rings and amulets await.

I know I am far from the first player who has played a magic free sword WE. Give me some hints as to what you used. I got a nice starting list from Gial, who knows his stats and WE's for that matter.

On a slightly different note, with all the rings I have socketed I am doing about three types of damage and crit with my prototype so it's like the fourth of july everytime I hit an enemy. I know that the red particle effect means I just scored a crit, and the green clouds mean that I poisoned them. But there is another that I see from time to time and this is a white cloud effect. It happens only once in a while, but one ogre chieftan, upon dropping, lay dead on the ground and seemed to smolder for a second or two.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it time to change a video card or something?

Mine uses Aarnum's Sword and goes for pure Fire Damage.

It's pretty nice with her, she's a Killing Machine :lol:

Uhm, usually the white Particles mean "Yay, he got split!"

Or maybe I didn't understand exactly what you mean :Just_Cuz_21:

Perhaps a graphic problem, it is more like a cloud of smoke. Every once and awhile a lit torch will snuff out in certain areas and smoke for a few seconds.....it's like that.

Very nice Silearth. Sounds like you're having some good results and I'm very curious in particular to see the Staff We in action. Will she be at the Kami? :lol: Wish I could help you out on some advice about the WE but you have about the best advice I can think of when it comes from gial. :(

As for the puff of white... hmm. Don't think I've see that before. :Just_Cuz_21:

It may be a glitch. I caught it in action last night. Because I resocketed so much, looking for the perfect damage. And because of some of my choices I am hitting with poison, magic and physical damage each time. Add in my crit and open wounds and it's like the forth of july.

The steaming effect only occurs when certain enemies fade. Kind of like the pulsing poison coming off of your kills, but this is steady and off white.