At the Feet of the Dragon...

I don't fight dragons much.

However, with the vampiress, you have to melee. (More or less).

Does Dragon breath reach right next to the dragon, or does the graphic show there, but the damage not get applied?

(Or was I in a buggy game where I should've been burned to a crisp by dragon-fire?)

I think it may be that it doesn't Frosty. Never tested it myself but I'm fairly certain it is possible to stand between the dragon and its fire breath without taking damage from the fire. Course... You'll have to endure the Dragon's smacks. :4rofl:

I make a hobby of solo'ing dragons in a multi game. Today I was fighting the undead dragon with my stomping jump gladiator and I was definitely outclassed. I noticed that the hit box for the dragon's attacks are far off from it's own hit box. So Although attacks like hard hit generally default to a range at which the dragon can hit you at, jumping attacks will keep you safe. I chased that undead sumbish all over the desert. She would try to position me to where she could attack me while I was jumping all over her like a hungry nest of fleas. It's a rather cheap trick but it is effective so long as the dragon doesn't have help.