Sacred 2 article at German magazine GameStar, Translation :)

Snakebite wrote:

As I promised I try to translate the article for you.

Here is Part 1...

Sacred 2

Shovel snow or swing the sword? Instead of searching the publishers house in the total snow bounded Munich under the ice cover and dig it out we preferred to drive to Ancaria. Like the high graded successful predecessor offers the fantasy world of Sacred 2 an home for sensational adventures. Cause there wild fights take place, with a scanty endued angel, drab legends and conspiracy of the Gods in its centre. World exclusive opened the Ascaron Studios 2 in Aachen its doors for two brave editors, who together with the developers ventured on the danger fields of Ancania.

Hello Angel

Hi pretty woman, where do you want to go? The one who sees Seraphim – short seraphim – the first time will easily forget that she is only made of Polygons. About 4000 form the well rounded body of the campaigner. Very high resolved textures and pretty shadow effects help to give a realistic look to the skin. The beauty has no time. She has to look for the son of a farmer, who got lost during a walk. To the plenty werewolves shall prowl in that area. Her hair wafts slightly in the wind, when she runs in a slightly light of a lamp through the night. No, there are no similarities between the pixeled woman of the first sacred and the well proportionate lady. The winged Beauty owes her existence to a totally new 3-D-Engine that is used in Sacred 2. ‘Finally we can use the 3D-effects in a 3D-environment’, Franz Stradal, the boss of Studio 2, enthused. Cause also the predecessor had 3D-Effects, but all the other things were plain. Now everything will be different: in the whole world it is possible to zoom and turn infinitely variable. ‘Because of that we have in the same area about 40% more district in the district’, answers Designer Aarne Jungerberg to our question, how big the fantasy world will be compared to the predecessor. Cause placements that were formerly hooded from flat objects are now accessible. The world map will not be much bigger than in the already large first part.

I'm sorry for any spelling, grammar or translation mistakes but it is nearly midnight and the dictionary does not know all words...so don't wonder if it sounds strange sometimes...

Aurora wrote:

W00T!

Thanks heaps Snakey

And it doesnt sound strange at all, you did a great job ;)

Erialc wrote:

WOOOT Snakey Thanks Millions! GoGo! The seraphim will have wings if I read that right! Oh I can see some GoGo flying uber seraphim builds int he making!....It's sounding great :D

++++ :god[1]: for Snake Great work

Gogoblender wrote:

amazing work snake

Thank you !

yer right eralc...that seraphim is lookin mighty yummy

seksi ta go!

:devil2[1]:

gogo

Snakebite wrote:

And part 2

World without borders

Then we enter with our well-formed heroine the first dungeon, where we suppose the escaped son. For one moment the monitor is black, until we wander through the homelike graves in the light of the torch. ‘At the moment we try to vanish such loading screens.’ Aarne Jungerberg tells us the ambitious target of the team: The whole world should be of one moulding. All data is loaded in the background, while the player is tramping through the landscape. If he walks into an arches character walks like in Dungeon Siege 2 infinitely variable through entry. If he enters an house, the roof is faded out. Apropos fading out: At the moment the team thinks of what will happen, if the character disappears in the wood behind trees and bushes. At the moment around the heroine a rounded area becomes transparent, lest she does not get lost in the coppice. The Developers however look for a better solution. Also the team experiments with the perspectives. It is definite, that in the woods and meadows the well-tried askew-above perspective goes into action. But for the arches the developers test a lower and askewer perspective. ‘Because of that the whole area is less opened, but it is more similar to a real cave’, tells designer Aarne Jungerberg.

Dancing Shadows

Nearly ready are the lightning and shadow effects. To make it clearer what the new system is good for, the developers change the daytime. Perspectively correct the shadows, the get larger, until there is complete darkness. In spite of – suddenly in a cottage the light is turned on and we can look into it from outside. If somebody were inside it, we could observe him. Reverse we adore, standing in a wonderful mansion, as the moonlight falls through the pane. With it the window grate shadow on the very smug, in an marble-look textured, floor. Outside again we see a campfire. Its flaring light is reflected on the gleaming armour of our heroine. And there we spot the lost boy. But an horde of werewolves obstructs the way. While seraphim is giving them beans with her blade their shadows dance with the one of the campaigner. One of the magical armours seraphim is able to wear insists of incessantly changing, intertwining lightning areas. Finally not a single enemy is alive, the boy is rescued.

There is also a video on the DVD of the magazine. Maybe I can rip it and upload it, but it will be german...

Erialc wrote:

Ooowah Snake you are amazing...Thank you so much for all your hard work :)

Oh I can't wait to play this game :)

Llama8 wrote:

Nice! Thanks Snake.

Please, do continue!

:oooo:

Snakebite wrote:

Ok as I promised here the viedeo and the trailer from the dvd...The video is in german, but I think you can guess what they tell :D

Sacred 2 Video

You may need to install DivX 6, cause I ripped it

the next part of the translation will follow the next days

have fun :P