Does completing quests have any effect on loot?

Hey, friends! 

I'm playing on Xbox as always, but I can't seem to find a straight answer for this. 

Does the number of quests completed have any effect on loot drops/frequency or loot quality? 

Thank you! 

13 hours ago, BingBongHallo said:

Hey, friends! 

I'm playing on Xbox as always, but I can't seem to find a straight answer for this. 

Does the number of quests completed have any effect on loot drops/frequency or loot quality? 

Thank you! 

This is a tricky question Bing...I know theres quests that drop sets, points, all lovely manner of treasure... so I guess we could say that  quest completion in game is important because you get to items faster if you want to play that way.

However, regarding does whether the total number of quests completed have an effect on drops, frequency or loot quality...  well..

Its Easter Sunday and were off to a large chocolate eating feast (ugh family :P)  so hopefully someone with more insights into the math of this will have what you need.

and...happeeeeeeeeeeee Eeeeeeeeeeeeeestah!

:d_dance:

gogo

• Appreciation 1
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, gogoblender said:

This is a tricky question Bing...I know theres quests that drop sets, points, all lovely manner of treasure... so I guess we could say that  quest completion in game is important because you get to items faster if you want to play that way.

However, regarding does whether the total number of quests completed have an effect on drops, frequency or loot quality...  well..

Its Easter Sunday and were off to a large chocolate eating feast (ugh family :P)  so hopefully someone with more insights into the math of this will have what you need.

and...happeeeeeeeeeeee Eeeeeeeeeeeeeestah!

:d_dance:

gogo

Thanks, Gogo! 

I appreciate the info. I've read that there's apparently a hidden counter or stat of some kind that increases drop rates in an area depending on how many quests have been completed. But I can't find it again, so I'm wondering if I imagined it 😂

Enjoy the Easter feast with the family! 🐰

Edited by BingBongHallo

The counter stuff is for Sacred 1.

It required killing a certain number of enemies in a region to spawn a "region boss" (usually just several bosses spawned in a group). When you open the minimap in Sacred 1, it's the numbers next to the region name X/Y. X is the current number of kills, Y is the required number of kills to trigger the boss spawn. You are basically not going to encounter this in single player unless you spend hours and hours grinding the constantly slowly respawning enemies. 

Here is a video I found of someone showing the region boss thing:

https://youtu.be/FjVzorkY-y4?si=AysGDIvpDQsNMM1Q&t=855

There was also "region pacified/at peace" mechanic or something like that in Sacred 1 when you completed most of the quests in a region. Not sure if that had any effect on anything, but I think not. Just an indication that you did all/most of the things in a region.

For Sacred 2, you can view # of completed quests in the character stats (not sure those are viewable on console, requires a mouse hover over character name in inventory) but it has no effect on overall drop rates, other than that it occasionally gives you a set item after you complete a couple quests in a single session. The chance goes up every finished quest and resets when it gives you the bonus set item.

What does give an actual bonus to finding valuables is % of map explored. 4% of map explored = 1% of Chance to Find Valuables. I usually try to reach ~150% on my end game characters for a free 37.5% CtFV.

Edited by idbeholdME