Quest "The Legendary Pirate Treasure"

I'm asking because I've died while testing it, the enemies in the final treasure room seemed to almost one-shot me, potions weren't enough. I don't know what level the enemies there are, but I don't want to risk my hardcore game going there and dying...so what level are the enemies?

It's acquired during the "Captain Bloodtongue" chainquest. He first tells you to go find his underling, and then once you find him and go back, to kill Captain Bloodmouth (Bloodmouth Must Die). Once you attain a beach on the other side of the cavern, look for a conspicuous rock near a campfire. You'll find a key.

Then go to the other cave you haven't been to yet, the one where it says Captain Bloodmouth is. Kill him and see that the Pirate Treasure quest leads you in a previously locked room (to a teleporter, one-way). Go there. Once in there, follow the quest compass to a small room with a door. Enter it...the enemies there would be the problem if any.

Edit: This is in High Elf region, on the south-west side, near the beach.

Edited by Little Sara

The enemies in there are no higher level then the ones outside or something, in bronze they have a maxlevel of 3, so I assume you can safely enter.

Edit: normally they should be leveling with your toon in silver up unto their max, so they shouldn't be too much of a problem. So still want me to check it out in silver? Just say so and I'll be going once I notice your post asking for it :)

Edited by Arperum

No it'll be fine. Then they may have taken notice of my bug about it...

I first had taken the quest at lv 5, with a High Elf Pyromancer. Went in, promtly died. Went back at lv 8, same thing again. I now have a Seraphim lv 12, with decent (not uber) equipment, with Battle Stance and Warding Energy both active...I think I'll be okay.

It might be that 'bomb' spell they use that significantly hurts. I know when Temple Guardians in Wastelands use it, not far from the last boss, I have to MOVE lol.

Edited by Little Sara
I think most people have to move when that spell is used on them...

I know, but I mean, the very second I see it I'm like "Oh damn" and I move. Especially lethal when in cramped place, and it makes melee-killing harder (since you have to move all the time, you're not necessarily attacking the right targets). Thankfully, the max amount of monsters attacking a player at once is 5, so you can't be blocked from moving at all.

Level 41 in Gold is pretty low. If this is a hardcore character I suggest being VERY cautious as you'll be severely underleveled soon enough. Wether this is Standard or Hardcore, I still suggest leveling, because Platinum starts at *minimum* 70. Even those Kobolds could give you trouble with 20-30 levels above you.

Edited by Little Sara

I know it'll be painfull in no time, but it's a char that just finished silver, and it's normal, although I Alt+f4 (and not saving the last piece of it) when I die to keep my survivalbonus...

I know it'll be painfull in no time, but it's a char that just finished silver, and it's normal, although I Alt+f4 (and not saving the last piece of it) when I die to keep my survivalbonus...

Does that work to "save" a hardcore character?

will try, only works on sp though

Edit: it also works for sp, I suggest frequent use of f9 though... so you don't loose too much of progress...

and don't wait for too long after having died, a couple seconds is no problem, but the game autosaves after a while. ANd then it's too late for this trick.

Edited by Arperum