This frigg'in 2.34.00.Patch...

Does "any one"--here...

Have a "work-around" for that stupid thing that "pops-up" when you try to install the(so..far.) current patch 2.34.0.0 . You know..where it says you have "files" and it subsaquently-stops the install..

I've had to reinstall this game more times than I want to think about.. Based upon reccomendations by adminstrators/techs.

I'd rather be "playing--it. NOT---dumping the program, and re-installing it... Since, I honestly enjoy playing --it.

The main forum doesn't really have an answer--except, that the next patch should "fix"---what this patch hasn't.. Right....

An informative reply( be cool..) would be most appreciated.

Ole' Joe :D

Awh Joe... I've heard soo much about this problem. I'm very sorry that you're experiencing it. :D Am I right to assume you have a US game version? Also, if you could give of some info on your setup as well as the things you already did try that would greatly improve the feedback we might give you. :)

Just off the top of my head and based on recent info I would suggest uninstalling, (I'm sorry!), using Add/Remove in windows. Remove any evidence of Sacred 2. Run Ccleaner to clean your registry after you have uninstalled and restarted your pc. Then for the sake of me guesswork, haha, install Sacred 2, then run the 2.31 patch and then the 2.34 patch. Oh and don't use the auto updater. :P

It seems that the 2.31 Patch might be a cumulative update which means the previous updates are not required. I've sent a message to the CM on the SIF asking if this is the case.

Hi Joe! :)

I had trouble with the 2.34 patch as well :D

Have you looked which file it is that it complains about?

C:\Documents and Settings\<name>\Local Settings\Temp\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel Patch Log.txt

It will list at the end which file it was where the md5 check failed. If it's only a small file (like e.g. 'balance.txt'), then it can be easily replaced.

Also, what you could try is installing Windows on a separate partition, setting it up, installing drivers etc., then install Sacred 2 there. From this installation copy over the file(s) the patch complained about to your main installation.

Awh Joe... I've heard soo much about this problem. I'm very sorry that you're experiencing it. :whistle: Am I right to assume you have a US game version? Also, if you could give of some info on your setup as well as the things you already did try that would greatly improve the feedback we might give you. :)

Just off the top of my head and based on recent info I would suggest uninstalling, (I'm sorry!), using Add/Remove in windows. Remove any evidence of Sacred 2. Run Ccleaner to clean your registry after you have uninstalled and restarted your pc. Then for the sake of me guesswork, haha, install Sacred 2, then run the 2.31 patch and then the 2.34 patch. Oh and don't use the auto updater. :)

It seems that the 2.31 Patch might be a cumulative update which means the previous updates are not required. I've sent a message to the CM on the SIF asking if this is the case.

Sir,

I had tried to attach a few files;but, lost my e-mail that I intended to send. E-mail me back at j_williamson_69@hotmail.com,and I'll send whatever file(s),that you would like,

:):( Joseph A. Williamson