Are the TG and/or SW boring to play?

I was looking up how each character evolves and how you play with them and it seems most people say the TG is best melee. Looking at his combat arts, a lot of them seem passive in Devout Guardian. So I was just wondering, is the TG boring to play, is it a lot of just killing people with melee? His back story and appearance lead me to believe he has some cooler aspects, I just cannot figure out what.

Also, on that note, a lot of people say SW is good for a beginner player, does that mean he is kind of boring to play as well?

Thanks!

P.S. sorry for posting a lot

I'd say the SW is pretty fun for pure melee combat, I spent about 50 - 60% of ch 1 with one he does get some pretty nifty skills other than all melee and buffs skills. TG is all something I trie but not as far in to the game I could tell that he had some good skillz but wasnt sure what they all did XD, as for the melee/ranged combat its fun if you play the TG right (not that its hard too play one :)) I just ranged and then melee after enemies got in close. on the first boss monster I mostly back stepped and ranged though (boss on bronze is..easy but silver hes much more satisfying :P

Hard to say but one thing I know about Sacred is that it's tough to enjoy most character types until they reach about level 60-80. Once you hit Gold (60) you start to see your build execute attacks quickly which I find gives a great sense of satisfaction. Bronze and Silver I've often found to be a bit of work. Then again... If you've got a trader(s) and forger(s) along the way it makes a world of difference. :)