Shadow Warrior or Temple Guardian?

I've narrowed my choices down to SW or TG, but which one I cannot pick...

I had some questions.

Can they play well mounted? I know the description says a TG can use all CA while mounted and a SW's hellhound is more useful than other mounts?

Can a TG do well being ranged? I heard he is suppose to be best melee, but is he really a lot weaker if played ranged?

For the SW, I was thinking the astral lord build, is this a viable build? Would he do well or are the other 2 branches a lot better? What do you, the SW, do in this build while your summoned things fight? And lastly, is there a lot of micromanaging?

TG, 'cause he's cool.

All characters can use all of their CAs when they're mounted on their special mount, and apart from the bonuses on the "fourth" mount, there's very little difference between the mounts.

The TG is strongest at melee, though he can only use one-handed weapons, Battle Extension provides a passive bonus (when it's in the active CA slot, but not being used) of a chance to hit twice, this is 100% when mounted on his Wheel. I've just started a ranged TG (using guns, rather than the Lost Fusion aspect), so I can't really say how they are, though both guns & his arm cannon have had their rate of fire increased significantly in the latest patch.

alright man ive played both classes (not saying im a expert by anymeans)...ill start with the temple guardian

first off I have to say he is one of the coolest character classes ive seen in ANY game. As far as raw power hes kinda lacking. as a melee/tank he can do very well, but the Lost Fusion and Source trees are complete crap imo (if sum1 else can make them work I would LOVE to see them post some tips on them becuz both trees are really cool, but mostly ineffective, they just dont seem to compare to the skill trees that...so if you do decide to go for the TG route I highly suggest a melee/tank (even though shoot lazer beams is pretty damn fun)...and as far as a ranged TG, I have had a pretty good time with a pistol and dedicated blow

as far as making Astral Lord shadow warrior my personal suggestion would be this post that I found on another forum (I switched it up a bit to fit my personal play style but this should give you a great template

(im currently level 73 with this build and the best thing about it would have to be the fact that I can jump in the middle of battle and unleash my ranged power, or if im feeling lazy and watching tv I can let my summons and skeletal fortification mob up any mobs or even boss, and this is im gold mode atm)

ALL THE CREDIT FOR EVERYTHING I POSTED AFTER THIS GOES TO A POSTER NAME kulte

I'm level 63 with this kind of build, and it's working very well in gold mode.

4skeleton with emanation.

1rst combo : spectral hand / Frenzied Rampage got it on 2sec cd (kill almost every champion)

2nd combo : Scything Sweep + Rallied Souls 5 sec cd (even with an incoming nerf of sweep it will not change a lot of thing to my build)

3rd Skeletal Fortification +Augmenting Guidon 22sec cd

4th Killing Spree + Rousing Command 63 sec cd

But I advise you to have a look at Skeletal Fortification for a ranged/summoning build.

I got it at level 34 with 34 point into Astral Lord Lore. (22 sec CD)

Atm it hit 2.6 arrow every second and each hit to 1800 dmg.

So the skill add around 5000 dps atm (in gold mod the golem boss didn't survive againt the tower ..

-Combat Discipline : just 1 point or a few

-Concentration : atm got around 20 but if I need grim resilence for end game will push it to 75

-Astral Lord Lore : around 30 point very good for spectral hand and the tower will increase it

-Malevolent Champion Focus : around 14 will upgrade it in times

-Astral Lore Focus : around 55 to keep low cd

-Ranged Weapons : 30 point atm

-Tactics Lore : 60 point probably max it

-Armour Lore : 20 point will increase it later

-Constitution : 40 point will push 75 asap

- for the last skill I don't know probably Combat Reflexes or Speed Lore for kiting

THIS ENDS kultes post, the only other thing I would add is if you wanna be really lazy and be nearly invincible trade out Grim Resilience for Shadow Veil and laugh at all the mobs drop that cant even see you

I have similar build to klute's and a couple things to keep in mind

1) Skeletal Fortification and Nether Allegience are weak against certain bosses like the Banshee for example.

2) Both SF and NA are considered spells...so any enemy with reflect spells ability like the Boss Scorp will reflect damage onto you from both Combat Arts (even if Shadow Veil is active)

Edited by Knuckles