Temple Guardian Build Advice Needed

Misty

I already have a level 38 Seraphim and a level 28 Dryad that I seem to have managed to make tanks as my roommate puts it. I am now trying out the Temple Guardian to see what he is like. this is the way that I was thinking of building him could you give me some advice please on whether or not this is a good working build.

Source Warden Lore

Concentration

Toughness

Sword Lore

Armor Lore

Combat Reflexes

Blacksmithing (kinda like the idea of not having to hunt down a blacksmith when socketing is needed<G>)

Source Warden Focus

Constitution

Spell Resistance

Is this going to make a really weak tank or is this a reasonably good build?

I am used to playing Seraphims or Paladins......soooo this is why I thought I would give him a try:)

When I get a chance to go in and write down the builds so far on my seraphim and Dryad I will post them so I can get an idea of whether or not I am on the right track if you guys don't mind.

thanx

Misty

I would drop Source Warden Lore (as the damage on the Source Warden CAs is very low) & pick Devout Guardian Focus instead (to take Combat Alert/Battle Aura &/or T-energy Shroud to decent levels & mod them). You'll kill slower if you don't take Tactics Lore, but if you're making a tank, that might not be an issue.

While I might re-arrange some of the skills, it looks a decent enough build on paper.

You might want to read through my thread here (there's a revised build post #7, which is what my main character is atm).

Thanks I will check it out.....he seems to be a pretty cool character to play so far but then I am just starting out and still have to keep up my other 2<G>

My Seraphim I will admit is my main character but there were some things that I actually preferred in my Dryad and in some ways she is tougher. When they put the seraphim in this game they didn't just try to even the playing field on her but I think they went a bit too far and made her wimpier than they needed too, you really have to think about what you are doing now to get a decent build that will work.

• 2 weeks later...

Having leveled up a TG over 40, I can share a few ideas :)

T-Energy Shroud is the only buff you need. Untouchable force damages, but I still think it's rather weak to go with it. Here's what I propose:

1st pick: Tactics Lore

2nd pick: Sword Lore

3rd pick: Devout Guardian (the skills in this tree are very powerful and you can still shoot and mod T-Energy Shroud)

4th pick: Armor Lore

5th pick: Enhanced Perception (I always underestimated this skill - no more!)

6th pick: Toughness

7th pick: Combat reflexes

8th pick: Combat Discipline (this, combined with Devout Focus will force the TG to use skills almost non-stop, and dedicated blow is indeed an awesome skill)

---

The following 2 picks are pretty much mandatory and are up to you. I would choose from these:

Warding Lore (more shield energy), Spell Resistance (always good to have), Bargaining (shops are good for finding useful rings, ammy's and other rare items that may not drop ingame), Riding (to increase speed and survivability a bit)

(I, personally, would pick Warding lore + Bargaining or Warding lore + Spell resist.)

EDIT: I just found out that ranged lore does not affect battery performance. That sucks BIG TIME, rendering that battery sort of useless - except for socketing it, using it as armor, using it as boost to your other skills and having a low-damage ranged attack (whee :weary: )

I'm really interested in finding out whether ranged lore affects battery accuracy and firing speed. Since this is my only TG I play, I'm carefully selecting the picks, although I'm very tempted to start a new one with balance tweaks (to level up quickly), just to give it a shot and see how he fares in the world of Ancaria :)

Edited by Dobri

That sounds really cool. I think I might combine your ideas with a few of mine and see what I get<G> My Dryad and Seraphim are pretty much my staples but as a new character just really thought I would give him a try and see what the new ideas were:) I am still in mourning for the drastic changes that they made to my seraphim but oh well I think I have about got it figured out how to fix her. So the idea of something new really appealed to me

Thanx

Well, I just found out that ranged weapons lore does not work with the battery. I ran a simple test. I get ranged lore and have 2 picks left. I kill a simple kobold and my chances to hit are 80% with the battery. Then I use the 2 picks and kill another simple kobold with the battery. There should be at least 1% change in the chance to hit, but nah. So I guess the battery is just a battery and I'll have to find out which weapon lore increases its damage, otherwise the TG will be sort of inappropriately planned... It's all very well and good to have a all-round character, but if it's shooting skill is poor and I have to rely on a few skills and a sword, I sort of don't like it (although my TG does fare rather well on level 40 something).

BTW, Misty, I checked the Ascaron sacred 2 forums. It seems that the build I'm giving you isn't that popular (although it works for me and my TG rocks), but you are free to try it out, of course. I would appreciate some feedback though :weary: The TG is a weird char and for all I see there is much confusion on the matter of the perfect build for him.

Edited by Dobri
EDIT: I just found out that ranged lore does not affect battery performance. That sucks BIG TIME, rendering that battery sort of useless - except for socketing it, using it as armor, using it as boost to your other skills and having a low-damage ranged attack (whee :P )

I'm really interested in finding out whether ranged lore affects battery accuracy and firing speed. Since this is my only TG I play, I'm carefully selecting the picks, although I'm very tempted to start a new one with balance tweaks (to level up quickly), just to give it a shot and see how he fares in the world of Ancaria :P

The arm-cannon is a unique weapon, the damage is taken from the battery & the equiped weapon (though if you're using a ranged weapon, you'll never fire the arm-cannon). Arm-cannon attack speed & chance to hit is taken from the equiped weapon & it's relevant weapon-specific lore (so if you're using a sword & have lots of points in Sword Lore, you'll have an accurate & rapid firing arm-cannon).

Hmmmm now that makes sense kinda sorta. I have noticed that the higher my sword gets the better my arm cannon is but I am still kinda low so that could be a bit of a fluke. I have had to sort of put him aside a bit and get my seraphim through silver cause right now she is my best bet at getting a look at gold or whatever they are calling the next level. So far she is the only character that I have that I have gotten all the way through the game with. Call me attention deficient or whatever but I tend to start a character and get a look at them and if they aren't really kicking I tend to lose interest before they reach level 20.<ROFL>

EDIT: I just found out that ranged lore does not affect battery performance. That sucks BIG TIME, rendering that battery sort of useless - except for socketing it, using it as armor, using it as boost to your other skills and having a low-damage ranged attack (whee :P )

I'm really interested in finding out whether ranged lore affects battery accuracy and firing speed. Since this is my only TG I play, I'm carefully selecting the picks, although I'm very tempted to start a new one with balance tweaks (to level up quickly), just to give it a shot and see how he fares in the world of Ancaria :)

The arm-cannon is a unique weapon, the damage is taken from the battery & the equiped weapon (though if you're using a ranged weapon, you'll never fire the arm-cannon). Arm-cannon attack speed & chance to hit is taken from the equiped weapon & it's relevant weapon-specific lore (so if you're using a sword & have lots of points in Sword Lore, you'll have an accurate & rapid firing arm-cannon).

Helpful as always, Llama8 :) Thank you very much for the info. It's good I did what I did :P Pumping points in sword lore and the rest on the skills I need. It's nice to see that my first ever char in S2FA wasn't a failure at all.