Enhanced Perception

Hello All

I was ust wondering about the enhanced perception skill?

most people here seem to take it as part of thier build now is that because it adds the % to find valuables and the blacksmith only or does it really havea positive effect on the finding of unique items in the game?

I think it does, contrary to the popular belief. I noticed my drops increase steadily in value as my EP skill went up (It may have been the Survival bonus, but there's no way to tell) . In addition to that, getting the mastery will also give you a chance to lay your hands on some cool items by searching in the chests that are found everywhere in the world. In addition to that, EP opens up my favorite mod for items - +% XP per kill. I LOVE IT! This simple mod has saved me hours of useless playing time.

However, I think EP works best in combination with bargaining. The better drops mean money, and money mean the option to buy nice rares from stores (keeping in mind that getting good unique or set drops doesn't happen very often) that will keep your character going through the various difficulties in the game - simply because you actually have the opportunity to select your equipment based on you needs, rather than waiting for a specific thing to drop... Which may never happen.