Temple Guardian Guns

Can't seem to find much of these that are very powerful.

Also cannon on other arm don't seem to be really effective.

Noticed in the Intro that he has a kickbutt cannon.

Any idea when I could get this one. The one I have now does 12 damage.

At level 17, doing lots of side quests and killing tons of enemies

but not leveling up much. Play maybe eight hours before leveling up.

He is one weird character.

Noticed in the Intro that he has a kickbutt cannon.

Yes, that's artistic license (ie, it has nothing to do with in-game "reality")...

:drunkards:

Can't seem to find much of these that are very powerful.

Also cannon on other arm don't seem to be really effective.

Any idea when I could get this one. The one I have now does 12 damage.

At level 17, doing lots of side quests and killing tons of enemies

but not leveling up much. Play maybe eight hours before leveling up.

He is one weird character.

Ok, I'll deal with the arm cannon first.

The arm cannon is affected by two things: the equiped battery (as Epox says) & your equiped weapon (& it's weapon-specific skill). Equiping a better battery is fairly obvious, but you can also increase your arm-cannon damage by equiping a "better" weapon, and the weapon's specific skill (eg, Sword Weapons if you're equiping a sword, Hafted Weapons if you're using an axe/hammer) will increase the arm cannon's attack speed & chance to hit. You'll notice that if you've got a weapon equiped which has an attack speed of 150%, your arm cannon will fire significantly faster than if you're using a weapon that has the default 100% attack speed.

Good guns are harder to find, but I personally like the ones that do physical, fire, magic & poison damage, so you get a chance to do all 3 elemental secondaries (burning, weaken & poisoning). Putting points into Ranged Weapons will help your guns attack faster & hit more, it'll also unlock the mod on guns. Personally I like guns with the pierce mod (chance for a shot to pierce the initial target & hit monsters behind), but combining that & the 4-element damage is very difficult.

you can do several things:

maximize the sword lore skill

equip as much + all skills items as you can find

try to find items that improve attack speed

if you want to use archimedes beam, take the necessary lore and focus

if anyone can think of anything else... go :drunkards:

Take tactics skill so you do more critical hits with that arm cannon + better damage output.

later levels (50 -> ) every third hit is a crit and you can kill easily bunch of enemies at distance.

TG is versatile char, it hits hard and shoots rather hard too, no other ranged weapons needed

after patch 2.34 arm cannon speeds up so it´s even better.

I haven´t tried if speed lore would help on speed...no free skill slots...

Do not forget your melee weapon though, melee IS still more powerful than arm cannon (double hit on mastery + I have better output on my legendary melee weapon than demiurge battery and it gets combined...oh la la laa..)

I remember that on levels 1 - ?30? on silver difficulty that arm cannon WAS only for softening targets but later it turned out to be good with killing as well, so if you are on level 21 don´t worry if DMG output sucks, worry if it still sucks when you are at level 30/40.

Archimedes beam.....good for bosses and champions...shoot in middle of group of mobs (deamons that fly at south in jungle) and ALL die, so there is lil bit area effect as well.

but it won´t save the day if you get surrounded + annoying thing is that if enemy moves sideways effectiveness is limited, shoot when enemy is walking straight towards your char but still difference on heights on land can interfere on your beam..and that bugs hard

I as you may know: I don´t recommend Lost fusion focus skill, spen it on source warden / devoted guardian, instead Lore skill for lost fusion is good and concentration would help on huge regen times.

TG is buffman, I haven´t tested but I can imagine that using 3 buffs (3th at mastery levels) combat alert as buff, T-energy shield + untouchable force would make this char ultimate...

I haven´t tried if speed lore would help on speed...no free skill slots...

Speed Lore only affects attack/defence (by a %, not absolute, there's an error in the tooltip) & run speed.