New HC character?

Just looking for some thoughts....

As the topic says, I'm looking to start a new HC character, either SP or MP, but don't really know what class of build to go for. Any ideas on successful class builds (that aren't SW) that work in HC or is it just a preference thing?

Cheers guys

Rich

I vote for 2 stable HC chars.

The Pyro-oriented High Elf will do quite well, if you manage to get her through the first 10-15 levels alive. The high damage will pretty much drop anything. Bosses drop in 2-4 incendiary showers, so no trouble there :P Just be careful with the fast ones though.

The BFG Seraphim has a lot of defensive capabilities and a wickedly overpowered weapon. This will easily get you though most of the game without dying. The only occasion my BFG seraphim died was because of that weird garema warrior bug in the jungle.

If I would go HC (as I did in SP at home), I would do it with these 2 chars. The SW is good, but it's way too common HC char :P I don't like to be a part of the majority... No fun there :D

The BFG Seraphim has a lot of defensive capabilities and a wickedly overpowered weapon. This will easily get you though most of the game without dying. The only occasion my BFG seraphim died was because of that weird garema warrior bug in the jungle.

If I would go HC (as I did in SP at home), I would do it with these 2 chars. The SW is good, but it's way too common HC char :P I don't like to be a part of the majority... No fun there :D

I just already have a SW at lvl50 and don't really fancy going through it all again, nor being part of the majority!

What do you mean by BFG Seraphim? Is that using the BeeEffGee CA?

Rich

Absolutely. This is a Seraphim utilizing BFG, Battle Stance and Warding Energy buffs altogether. She has wondrous damage, great survivability and can be played in various ways - as a damage dealer, as a shopper/item finder, as a mixture of ranged and caster type char (strongly specializing Revered Technology).

Here's the link to erling build - but you should read through to check out other alternatives and other opinions:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8900

So far my best BFG build combines both Enhanced perception and Bargaining utility skills and it works like a charm - one-shoting everything even WITHOUT the BFG weapon (but still utilizing it's buff bonuses).