Perhaps I am doing something wrong

Back in my days as a contract employee, I would get tested for Microsoft applications. They have the testing broken down into three groups:Basic, Intermediate, & Advanced. I usually ended up scoring 100% on advanced, 100% on Intermediate, & perhaps 80-90% on the Basic. Funny, right?

So I've been doing the campaign with my SW--just entered the jungle region and am looking for some 'flying demon' thingy. Kral, I guess. I've got myself a Hell beast as well. Based on my position in the story line, you know that I have taken a few bosses down.

Giant rock dude--no problem

Misty, steamy guy. Kind of annoying that I had to fight him three times with all of his laggy goodness.

Calamari--no problem

The dragon was a small challenge, but nothing a couple of health pots couldn't fix.

Now the scorp flashed my meter a couple of times, but once I figured out what weapon to wack him with, he went down.

So with all the bosses that fell with nary a problem, why were the regular desert people kicking my butt on a regular basis? Seriously, I can take a mob of scorps or scarabs or even spiders. But I have to start valting when I get swarmed by the desert people.

Still loving the game, though. I'm up to level 32 and am able to kill some weaker enemies just by standing close(Reflective Emination) Now if I only had a Fadalmar Axe to shoot of some fireballs......

So with all the bosses that fell with nary a problem, why were the regular desert people kicking my butt on a regular basis? Seriously, I can take a mob of scorps or scarabs or even spiders. But I have to start valting when I get swarmed by the desert people.

Probably the traps that some of them use, like the enemy TGs in the Wasteland. If you're being mobbed, you're probably being held stationary over one or more traps & taking damage from the trap.

Standing in a trap doesn't damage you. Moving in, out or through one does some heavy damage though :P

Oh god I hate traps. I've lost so many toons to traps in caves. I have to take the time to kill them and laugh out loud when they actually give drops.