General skills characters

I spent some time researching the riding skill this week-end. I am wondering if anyone has tried making a character that uses all 5 available general skills? If so, how successful was it?

I think I could do it with a seraphim.

Skills would be:

Armor

Tactics

Constitution

Staffs

Exalted Warrior Focus

Not necessarily in order that I would pick:

EP

Riding

Divine Devotion

Bargaining

Alchemy

Her main Combat Art would be Pelting Strikes. Her buff would be Battle Stance.

We did a challenge with 4 general skills and no lores allowed to give Combat Art-modifying points (this includes tactic lore for non elves dragon mages). The thread about that is in the elf section: Elf with 4 general skills

So my idea based on the above would be:

02 Devotion -1 point to get a better Testa with devotion relics. Nice Area of Effect damage early on

03 arcane lore -5 to unlock focus

05 arcane focus -4 points to modify teleport

08 armour -5 points to unlock armour modifiers and shield lore

12 bargaining -keep it at level till mastery

18 shield -1 point to unlock blocking on a yellow shield

25 constitution -1 point to have +allSkills working on it

35 alchemy -to unlock trophies for boss fights

50 riding -just to have 4th general

65 EP -just to have 5th general

First fights are collecting mobs and do Testa, collect the loot and buy stuff while waiting for recharge.

If teleport is modified to less cooldown, invisibility and explosion you can collect mobs, teleport on place in mid of them. You can keep teleport at its malus because of its cooldown without doing something wrong in the long turn.

If you can keep bargaining, arcane focus and arcane lore at your level it is time to modify the other arcane combat arts:

magic coup:

sure hit: we play hybrid and so socketing damage help both aspects while socketing hit chance only melee

mana leech: we want to recharge our combinations quickly and use x% life leech shurikens

stray damage: we need the Area of Effect

expulse magic:

power: smaller circle to have scared enemies not to run out of throwing range

pentagram: we need all protection we can get

protection: we need all protection we can get

cobalt strike:

We use it tactical to attract a single strong enemy from a distance and have it weakened when it is is melee range: damage, electrify and critical.

GI:

storm: if we cast any non arcane spells, then it are probably nimbus and shroud.

life: we use mana steel to recharge

resilience: again every protection is welcome

As soon magic coup is modified fighting is mainly with combination teleport/magic coup and cobalt/magic coup. The shuriken is chosen because of its x% life leech (we have bargaining toi get these ones) and to have no senseless autotargetting with a melee attack in a combination.

All points into vitality.

That would be my approach for an elf.

Edited by chattius
We did a challenge with 4 general skills and no lores allowed to give Combat Art-modifying points (this includes tactic lore for non elves dragon mages). The thread about that is in the elf section: Elf with 4 general skills

So my idea based on the above would be:

02 Devotion -1 point to get a better Testa with devotion relics. Nice Area of Effect damage early on

03 arcane lore -5 to unlock focus

05 arcane focus -4 points to modify teleport

08 armour -5 points to unlock armour modifiers and shield lore

12 bargaining -keep it at level till mastery

18 shield -1 point to unlock blocking on a yellow shield

25 constitution -1 point to have +allSkills working on it

35 alchemy -to unlock trophies for boss fights

50 riding -just to have 4th general

65 EP -just to have 5th general

First fights are collecting mobs and do Testa, collect the loot and buy stuff while waiting for recharge.

If teleport is modified to less cooldown, invisibility and explosion you can collect mobs, teleport on place in mid of them. You can keep teleport at its malus because of its cooldown without doing something wrong in the long turn.

If you can keep bargaining, arcane focus and arcane lore at your level it is time to modify the other arcane combat arts:

magic coup:

sure hit: we play hybrid and so socketing damage help both aspects while socketing hit chance only melee

mana leech: we want to recharge our combinations quickly and use x% life leech shurikens

stray damage: we need the Area of Effect

expulse magic:

power: smaller circle to have scared enemies not to run out of throwing range

pentagram: we need all protection we can get

protection: we need all protection we can get

cobalt strike:

We use it tactical to attract a single strong enemy from a distance and have it weakened when it is is melee range: damage, electrify and critical.

GI:

storm: if we cast any non arcane spells, then it are probably nimbus and shroud.

life: we use mana steel to recharge

resilience: again every protection is welcome

As soon magic coup is modified fighting is mainly with combination teleport/magic coup and cobalt/magic coup. The shuriken is chosen because of its x% life leech (we have bargaining toi get these ones) and to have no senseless autotargetting with a melee attack in a combination.

All points into vitality.

That would be my approach for an elf.

That is an interesting challenge 4 general skills and no combat arts enhancing skills. I'm not sure which would be more challenging, yours or trying chars with all 5 general skills.

If I were going to try this with an HE, I would probably take concentration instead of shields and run Incandescent Skin and Grand Invigoration together.

I would have Cobalt Strike, Magic Coup set up individually and as a combo to go back and forth between. I probably would not take the skills in the same order. I usually take Kybele, but Testa is another good option.

Edited by Ysne58