Is this a Bug/Glitch?

This has happened twice now when fighting bosses. The first with my Seraphim fighting undead legion general, basically lost all keyboard shortcuts! Caught me by surprise and I got killed. Noticed I've got keyboard shortcuts back when I respawned. Went back to kill him again, get his heath down 50% and he disappears, no quest complete. The second time it happened is with my Inquistor on main plot gambling den boss, same thing keyboard shortcuts don't work. This time I'm prepaired and kill him, keyboard shortcuts come back again! Has anyone else experienced this? Or is my computer cheating? :devil:

That's a lame way to die :devil:

What exactly do you mean by keyboard shortcuts? All your keys? or just the CA slots?

I've occasionally had the movement keys stop responding, casting a CA seems to fix it though.

Basically keyboard shortcuts for potions and changing CAs, I had to use the mouse to click on the potions and CAs as none of the keys would work. This is really wierd as afterwards they work normally. It's happend twice, but not against all bosses.

do you have the expansion?

if you are talking about health potions and the space bar I am thinking that is a bug that started with the expansion

Yes I have the expansion and space don't work for potions plus keyboard shorts for the CAs, and that can really take you by surprise.

Edited by S-P
Do you manually left-click and right-click on the mouse, or do you hold them down while attacking/using CAs?

Hold down left mouse while attacking and right click for CAs. Recently killed White Griffon no problem, just seems to be random perhaps?

I've had this happen in the Blood Forest mainly. From wizards Pet looks lime kral. I would do wiki links but my iPhone won't do that. The other is the Abashai. I think what has happened is if the monster has the CA ability to disrupt you CA the coding went too deep and disconnects the keyboard. But if your fast enough using the mouse you can get by. Unfortunately most of the bosses that this bug attached itself to can wipe ya out quick if your not prepared for it. So what I do now is totally get prepared (mini buffs cast, potions drank, weapons selected and one combat art or combo I will se for the entire fight.

do you have the expansion?

if you are talking about health potions and the space bar I am thinking that is a bug that started with the expansion

yes, there's a known glitch/issue with the expansion and buggy execution of keyboard shortcut for commands.

mostly, this affected the space-bar for drinking/using health potions:

happens occasionally, sometimes very often..

turned out, it has to do with old health potions in your inventory or your global chest stored/bought/collected BEFORE the expansion.

up to a certain point, this might just be related to bought potions in general.

but from what I know, when

A) my char inv was empty and

B) I collected the biggest potions from loot ONLY then

C) those picked up potions from killed monsters always DID work.. (with spacebar)

in all other combitations, I ran into troubles of a pressed space-bar not executing the command to use up a potion.

you could only try around abit and see if you can repro it, and if the above way helps a bit..

good and first step might be selling all char inv pots, then only collecting those from loot,

and/or if this doesn't help, re-assigning another button for healthpotions, 're-route' to another key with eg. an autohotkey script/macro, or similar..

maybe deleting the settings/config file or resetting keyboard commands to default might also help.

haven't played for quite a while now so don't remember what exactly I did to avoid this...

another thing I've heard is non-working shortcuts for commands OTHER than healthpots+spacebar in expansion,

if I remember correctly, was certain monsters or better certain debuff/counter/block spells they were casting that somehow lead to some sort of 'loop-hole' or so where then some commands wouldnt work anymore till next restart or whatever...

btw:

reminds me of the Gladiator and the lockup when you used.. duh wasnt it Combat Jump or anything?

where's that old thread, I remember Carolyn also had something to say about it.. even requested an SP savefile to send in to the devs.. (and to me :) but these were other days.)

edit:

ah yes, this one: http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=41896

(OT tho, since it's S1UW.. but yet interesting because it led to a similar problem.. first thought then always is a similar cause for it, sure thing might not be the case. still...)

Edited by Rotluchs