Got annoying background audio noise

Here I'm with another issue, I'm sure not Sacred's fault I hope.

So I just changed power supply and video card and I'm quite disappointed to hear an annoying background audio noise.

I'm posting here since Sacred it's the only game actually on my system I've been playing with the old and the new hardware so I'm pretty sure it's hardware issue, maybe not.

Also other gamers here could already have had the same issue (see overclocked systems).

The old hardware: Coolermaster PSU 450W; MSI nVidia 8800GT pcie video card not overclocked.

As I said I had no issues with this old (but still good) hardware,

The new hardware: Enermax Pro 87+ 600W PSU; Gainward nVidia 460GTX Goes Like Hell video card.

My system: Windows XP SP3

The only things that could be the cause of the problem that came to my mind are the fact that the Gainward is overclocked (from factory) also I noticed that during the installation of the nVidia drivers (the latest from Gainward 260.89) it installed HD audio drivers.

I ask myself why this, since I already had my Realtek's audio drivers installed on my system.

Please help me on this because I'll need to deal with the supplier and also I must do it within 7 days.

Thanks in advance

Edited by saccred:)
Here I'm with another issue, I'm sure not Sacred's fault I hope.

So I just changed power supply and video card and I'm quite disappointed to hear an annoying background audio noise.

I'm posting here since Sacred it's the only game actually on my system I've been playing with the old and the new hardware so I'm pretty sure it's hardware issue, maybe not.

Also other gamers here could already have had the same issue (see overclocked systems).

The old hardware: Coolermaster PSU 450W; MSI nVidia 8800GT pcie video card not overclocked.

As I said I had no issues with this old (but still good) hardware,

The new hardware: Enermax Pro 87+ 600W PSU; Gainward nVidia 460GTX Goes Like Hell video card.

My system: Windows XP SP3

The only things that could be the cause of the problem that came to my mind are the fact that the Gainward is overclocked (from factory) also I noticed that during the installation of the nVidia drivers (the latest from Gainward 260.89) it installed HD audio drivers.

I ask myself why this, since I already had my Realtek's audio drivers installed on my system.

Please help me on this because I'll need to deal with the supplier and also I must do it within 7 days.

Thanks in advance

Well... The simple answer to why it installed the HD audio drivers - it's got an HDMI port. As such, if you were to hook this bad boy up to an HDTV with HDMI, you'd otherwise be needing another cable of some sort to funnel the audio to the TV set. But the way they're doing it - you only need the ONE cable. This way, you get both the audio and video streams being sent to the HDTV.

Secondly... Overclocking isn't likely to be the problem. If they did this at the factory, then they probably have a clue as to what they're doing and would make sure that the card can take the extra punishment without any consequences. It'd suck big wind if you had to return your vid card every time the thing got a bit warm and overheated because they designed it with inadequate cooling.

So.. Then the big question still remains - what's causing the noise..? What sort of noise are we talking about anyhow? Is it a buzzing or whistling?

There may be an radio frequency leak - that's causing it. It may have to do with your speakers if they're not properly shielded. I have a nice set of Altec Lansings that pick up cell phone noise when my phone is trying to communicate with a tower and the phone is too close. I can tell the phone is about to ring before it actually does because of this.

Try moving your speakers so the wires don't pass anywhere near the video card.

Well... The simple answer to why it installed the HD audio drivers - it's got an HDMI port. As such, if you were to hook this bad boy up to an HDTV with HDMI, you'd otherwise be needing another cable of some sort to funnel the audio to the TV set. But the way they're doing it - you only need the ONE cable. This way, you get both the audio and video streams being sent to the HDTV.

Secondly... Overclocking isn't likely to be the problem. If they did this at the factory, then they probably have a clue as to what they're doing and would make sure that the card can take the extra punishment without any consequences. It'd suck big wind if you had to return your vid card every time the thing got a bit warm and overheated because they designed it with inadequate cooling.

So.. Then the big question still remains - what's causing the noise..? What sort of noise are we talking about anyhow? Is it a buzzing or whistling?

There may be an radio frequency leak - that's causing it. It may have to do with your speakers if they're not properly shielded. I have a nice set of Altec Lansings that pick up cell phone noise when my phone is trying to communicate with a tower and the phone is too close. I can tell the phone is about to ring before it actually does because of this.

Try moving your speakers so the wires don't pass anywhere near the video card.

Thanks for feedback.

I think I can call it buzzing, sometimes it sounds like mosquito.

If radio frequency disturb would be the case, so why I had not this issue with the old and much cheaper hardware?

Also the speakers are off (switch is off) because I play with headphones also the speakers got magnet shield.

So disappointing!

Hmm...could be the PSU...spinning away and whining. Or a fan somewhere?

I dunno, also the PSU is very silent.

I think I should test the new PSU first with the old video card then I install back the new video card and see what happens.

Also within the game's audio options I tried to shut the audio down but the noise is still there, how can I record it so I can post online?

Thanks in advance.