Instant regeneration of combat arts

Probably most people know how to use Regeneration_per_hit, which came with the AddOn for the PC and was always in the consoles.

Another way is Dislodged_Spirit. The gold modifier Stimulate steals 5%+5%/level ca-regeneration. So with a level 19 Dislodged Spirit you can instantly recharge a combination if it is placed last in the combination. This idea was already discussed in the "builds you want to see"-thread.

Lets look at the Temple guardian: Jolting_Touch can be modified for mana leech too. But it is just 5% unmodified and modifying for voltage adds 2% +0.1%/level. So at ca-level 100 it will be 17% each tick this is not what I call useful. Let's try to make it at least a bit useful:

Regeneration system master hand and the 17 % will be done on all 3 aspects. But we can do better, if we add 100% Chance_to_halve_regeneration_time the regeneration will start at half but the 17% will be taken from full.

So in theory:

We have a combination of CA1 and JT. The regeneration time of CA1 would be 12s, with Expert Touch(master hand?) it would be 4s(?) in each aspect, halved it would be 2s each aspect. And now JT robbing around 10% from these 2 seconds. So the remaining combination time would be 1.8s minus "animation-times of CA1 and jolting touch"?

The above about the TG is currently just my mad theory while sitting in my hotel and waiting for the night train. But I can imagine that the regeneration clock would jump left and right like the time warp.

It's astounding, time is fleeting

Madness takes its toll

But listen closely, not for very much longer

I've got to keep control

I remember doing the Time Warp

Drinking those moments when

The blackness would hit me and the void would be calling

Let's do the time warp again...

Let's do the time warp again!

It's just a jump to the left

And then a step to the right

With your hands on your hips

You bring your knees in tight

But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane,

Let's do the Time Warp again!

Edited by locolagarto
Probably most people know how to use Regeneration_per_hit, which came with the AddOn for the PC and was always in the consoles.

Another way is Dislodged_Spirit. The gold modifier Stimulate steals 5%+5%/level ca-regeneration. So with a level 19 Dislodged Spirit you can instantly recharge a combination if it is placed last in the combination. This idea was already discussed in the "builds you want to see"-thread.

Lets look at the Temple guardian: Jolting_Touch can be modified for mana leech too. But it is just 5% unmodified and modifying for voltage adds 2% +0.1%/level. So at ca-level 100 it will be 17% each tick this is not what I call useful. Let's try to make it at least a bit useful:

Regeneration system master hand and the 17 % will be done on all 3 aspects. But we can do better, if we add 100% Chance_to_halve_regeneration_time the regeneration will start at half but the 17% will be taken from full.

So in theory:

We have a combination of CA1 and JT. The regeneration time of CA1 would be 12s, with Expert Touch(master hand?) it would be 4s(?) in each aspect, halved it would be 2s each aspect. And now JT robbing around 10% from these 2 seconds. So the remaining combination time would be 1.8s minus "animation-times of CA1 and jolting touch"?

The above about the TG is currently just my mad theory while sitting in my hotel and waiting for the night train. But I can imagine that the regeneration clock would jump left and right like the time warp.

It's astounding, time is fleeting

Madness takes its toll

But listen closely, not for very much longer

I've got to keep control

I remember doing the Time Warp

Drinking those moments when

The blackness would hit me and the void would be calling

Let's do the time warp again...

Let's do the time warp again!

It's just a jump to the left

And then a step to the right

With your hands on your hips

You bring your knees in tight

But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane,

Let's do the Time Warp again!

There are a couple of flaws in the build that you didn't seem to consider:

So the remaining combination time would be 1.8s minus "animation-times of CA1 and jolting touch"?

It would be 1.8s PLUS the animation times, if I'm not mistaken?

Anything that has to do with leech, means it's not working when not hitting something. Anything that dodges (or reflects etc), or dies before the combo is complete will mean the mana leech of Jolting Touch will not go in effect.

It came before the addon, but the link says it wasn't working properly. How was it not working properly? I loved that stat!

There are two different mana leeches, the one on weapon Combat Arts (magic coup, ...) and the ones on spells. Spells are always hitting.

So the only problem would be if the enemy reflects magic or dies before JT is done.

If it dies then the Caster-Character is running to the next living target to finish its combination.

If it reflects then it is normally because of an aura. We could try to dispel such an aura with something like archimedes beam., but it could be reflected too.

About the regeneration times:

They are started at the begin of execution of the CA. So a 0.7s reg time and a 0.7 animation time allows spamming.

For the combination it is more complicated:

CA1 halved and then animation time of CA1

then JT kicks in with its RT halved and JT animation time and a 17% leech at hit and 2 more 17% leeches each each second as long the target is alive.

These ticks would also work on a to do combination, if JT is still ticking while next combination is started.

There has to be done some researches how halving regeneration times works in the different regeneration systems and how it affects combinations. Correct me if I am wrong, but there are no such tests done yet?

Edited by chattius
  • 4 months later...

Testing is still not finished: Our second daughter is still recovering from a complex surgery. So even I started a Sohei ÜV (überarbeite Version, reworked version) build half a year back --- I lacked the time to play it this much. It is just level 108 and short before ending the nioboum campaign.

I started the Sohei ÜV as a new updated version to re-do the dragon mage sohei guide (which was actually never planed as a guide). The basic idea was to use weapon hits and regeneration per hit to recharge the spells. With new understandings in hit chance calculations I was trying a build which didn't need a weapon skill and it played fine.

Kaldur's_Legacy has some nice modifiers for this build: attack speed, which is quite useful if you have no weapon skill, x% life leech, 2 gold sockets ,....

The higher I got in level the more half regeneration time items I was finding, and Kaldur has the modifier too. So I socketed it and a mirror shield with 5 Arni's_Rings. Together with an item in inventory I was at 100& chance to half regeneration times. Add that the Arni rings also removed regeneration times significantly.

So the new Sohei ÜV is able to get either a 100% hitchance and regeneration per hit for life leech attacks, or 100% half regeneration times which are also greatly decreased --- with a single click on a weapon slot.

I am able to spam a 3 Area of Effect combination at level 108 without any waiting: dragonstrike, mind strike and energy blaze. The combination is not only doing damage, but also the targets loose hit chance, attack slower, regenerate combat arts slower, ...

Dragon strike is currently at 1.4s cooldown and 2s regeneration. Combat discipline cuts it to 1.8s and half regeneration time to 0.9s. So the 0.9s left are filled with quick mind strikes and energy blazes.

I like this build: changing between a lifeleech boss fighter, an Area of Effect mage, a hybrid, ... just changing the weapon slots.

The only thing to consider is: half regeneration time is a long time plan. Early in game it is not (easily) possible to gain 100% in it.

Conclusion:

Half regen times is a nice way late game to spam your main attacks without reg per hit.

Very nice Chattius, one of my Dragon Mage Triple aspects I tryed the RpH for very high combat art regen. I found I had to socket a fair amout of Enemy cannot evade and Enemies chance to evade. At higher levels this started to become a pain.

What and how did you overcome this issue?

A bit was because of socketing +allSkills/+attack/defense rings together with whet smithing. I didn't want to loose my best jewelry so I put it together with whet. The +x% attack value from whet helped the +x attack value from the rings. The +x defense from the rings was pushed by +x% defense value which is not shown in the tooltipp but in the sigma for runes of protection.

Then I fought a hard defense boss, removed all OCE and COCE stuff and wrote down which hitchance I had with just attack value. What was missing to 100% I filled with OCE and COCE. So the sum of OCE and COCE was just 100 minus the wrote down hitchance.

But I noticed the same thing as you: with all the rph, coce and oce stuff there is not much room in sockets anymore. So I tried the either 100% life leech hits or 100% half regeneration time approach.