Kat`s Pyro High Elf Build - Flame On!

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#41 Storm Shadow

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

Edited by Storm Shadow, 17 May 2009 - 06:11 PM.

#42 Storm Shadow

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:21 PM

Katran wrote:
Ok the negative effect or reading runes is what can be called over reading. Simply your Arrant Pyromancer Focus and Delphic Arcania Focus give you a bonus of runes read without penalty. This mean that if Delphic Arcania Focus gives you lets say CA level without penalty 10. This says that your GI will let you read 10 runes of GI or a mix of runes and +CA gear to a total of 10. So once Grand Invigoration[GI] hits 10 every rune you read wont raze it by a level. the 11 rune you read will get it to 10.5 the 12 to 11 and after that will get worse and worse and it will take a ton of runes to read to get a level. This is one of the main rules in Sacred 2 and goes for all characters and CAs.

Ooook. This is starting to come together a bit. I finally located the area where it shows you the amount which can be used without penalty. Do those raise up as you level up?

Also, do the offensive Pyro CAs (like fireball, tempest, etc.) which I have only unlocked one level with the first rune count against the total? Or does a rune only count once you have used one to get a CA to level 2?

#43 Storm Shadow

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:57 AM

I'm thinking about taking a risk and bypassing the "bargaining" skill with this build guide in hopes that I'll be able to find good sets and weapons from drops as well as trading with other people.

Regardless of that though I'm a bit curious why you (Katran) have chosen "shield lore" for the HE. While I realize having a shield equipped will give defensive bonuses, that basically means you have to have a one handed weapon equipped and this character isnt really meant for melee combat. Wouldn't it be better to have the magic staff lore since the staffs will give bonuses to our main offensive abilities... magic?

Either way, I suppose if I bypass bargaining I can then use that extra skill on"sword lore" to go along with "shield lore." But on the other hand if I went with the magic staff lore I could then bypass shield lore and then choose something else.

I'd love to hear some opinions on this from some of the veteran players.

Thanks!
SS

#44 Katran

[D.a.r.k] Sacred 2 Clan Captain

• 3,820 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:30 AM

One of the things that many many will tell you is if you can get shield lore you get it. One of the best things about it at Mastery it Grants a chance to block close combat attacks as bonus and this is a big WOW.
You are thinking about Sword lore or Staff lore. Well heres the thing both of does are offensive skills and both of them are related to the use of a weapon in close combat. The High Elf avoids close combat if it came down to fighting monster close combat the High Elf is dead plane and simple.
For your final skill since you dont plan to use bargaining I recommend going with one of this:
Enhanced Perception - find better gear with its mastery and more gold
Riding - since you are on a mount more speed is always a plus
and finally if you want to chose an offensive skill go with
Damage Lore - it adds more damage with burning for your BT
My Signature

Posted Image

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Which is a problem.
If you are powerless.

- Drago Musevini, "Manifesto", CY 8433

#45 trev42088

Polonium Wizard

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:56 AM

I feel so dumb but I really dont get the penalty thing on the Combat Arts.

what is the penalty? slower recharge?

#46 Katran

• 3,820 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:33 AM

You are not dumb we where all new in the game at one point plus its a deep game and I learn new things every day.
So to explain it easy I will use an example.

Your High Elf uses Incandescent Skin (IS). This is one of your buff CAs. So to get it to be stronger you need it to have more levels. You get more levels by reading runes or by gear that has +CA. If things stood like this we could make our toons have a very very high level of IS. For this to be harder there is a penalty. The penalty is how high can we get the level by reading runes and every rune we read to give us +1 level. Here comes in play your focus.
In the case of IS we have Arrant Pyromancer Focus skill. If you take a look at this skill one of its options say Highest CA level without penalty. So once your IS passes the level that is shown in Arrant Pyromancer Focus skill you will start to get the penalty. The penalty is for every next level of IS it will take more runes to read. This is for all CA take a look at the example below it should make it all clear.

Example:
You have 20 Incandescent Skin runes.
Your Incandescent Skin is at level 1.
Your Arrant Pyromancer Focus says that you can have CAs of this type in which class is Incandescent Skin to level 10 without penalty.

So you start reading the 20 runes.
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 2
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 3
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 4
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 5
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 6
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 7
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 8
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 9
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 10
So now you have Incandescent Skin at level 10 and have 11 runes left to read. But since you are at the top level without penalty heres what happens next.
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 10.5
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 11
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 11.5
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 12.5
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 13
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 13.3
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 13.6
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 13.9
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 14.2
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 14.5
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 14.8
There is the penalty once you reach the top level without penalty rune after that will not be as effective. So a signle rune will not add an extra level. So the remaining 11 runes you had will only get you 4 levels to IS. and the penalty gets worse and worse the more you get away from the level without penalty.
Thats why we get the CA skill that gives focus a lot more points so the level of CA without penalty goes up.
Hope this help if not ask and I shall answer as best as I could. :4rofl:
My Signature

Posted Image

Which is a problem.
If you are powerless.

#47 trev42088

Polonium Wizard

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:33 PM

You are not dumb we where all new in the game at one point plus its a deep game and I learn new things every day.
So to explain it easy I will use an example.

Your High Elf uses Incandescent Skin (IS). This is one of your buff CAs. So to get it to be stronger you need it to have more levels. You get more levels by reading runes or by gear that has +CA. If things stood like this we could make our toons have a very very high level of IS. For this to be harder there is a penalty. The penalty is how high can we get the level by reading runes and every rune we read to give us +1 level. Here comes in play your focus.
In the case of IS we have Arrant Pyromancer Focus skill. If you take a look at this skill one of its options say Highest CA level without penalty. So once your IS passes the level that is shown in Arrant Pyromancer Focus skill you will start to get the penalty. The penalty is for every next level of IS it will take more runes to read. This is for all CA take a look at the example below it should make it all clear.

Example:
You have 20 Incandescent Skin runes.
Your Incandescent Skin is at level 1.
Your Arrant Pyromancer Focus says that you can have CAs of this type in which class is Incandescent Skin to level 10 without penalty.

So you start reading the 20 runes.
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 2
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 3
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 4
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 5
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 6
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 7
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 8
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 9
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 10
So now you have Incandescent Skin at level 10 and have 11 runes left to read. But since you are at the top level without penalty heres what happens next.
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 10.5
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 11
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 11.5
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 12.5
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 13
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 13.3
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 13.6
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 13.9
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 14.2
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 14.5
Read one rune you get Incandescent Skin to level 14.8
There is the penalty once you reach the top level without penalty rune after that will not be as effective. So a signle rune will not add an extra level. So the remaining 11 runes you had will only get you 4 levels to IS. and the penalty gets worse and worse the more you get away from the level without penalty.
Thats why we get the CA skill that gives focus a lot more points so the level of CA without penalty goes up.
Hope this help if not ask and I shall answer as best as I could. :4rofl:

awesome I got it, thanks.

#48 Sylphied

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:56 PM

Katran, I only recently picked up Sacred 2 for Xbox 360 and I decided to roll up a HE. I've taken a liking to your Pyromancer build and I wanted to ask for your advice on something. Delphic Arcania Lore... I don't want to use it. I was thinking of swapping it out for Enhanced Perception but I wanted to hear your take on it. By end game, will this toon be lacking in any particular area, like damage or resistances that should be make me think twice? Is having both Enhanced Perception and Bargaining overkill?

This may have been posted somewhere in this thread but I didn't see it so I'll go ahead and ask. What is the priority of skills in terms of point distribution? I'd hate to realize I screwed up later on and have to re-roll.

#49 Katran

• 3,820 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:09 PM

Welcome to FDM Sylphied! Hope have a great time here and in game.
As for your questions about EP. Thats a valid choice. Having both bargaining and EP is not an overkill. Since they work great together. EP helps you find sets and Uniques as well as more gold things that you cant buy with bargaining and provides you with gold for shopping. Bargaining on the other hands lets you shop at any given time for those all important rings and amulets. Take them both you wont regret it.
As for the toon on the long run as you can see my toon is at level 166 at this time. I havnt seen a noter pyro build in game at this level(if there is some one dont take it personal I just havnt met up with you). As for I having problems no I dont have problems not with damage or defense. As I said in the guide the toon is made to get stronger with ever level thats its key its a toon for Niob its made for the long run. Stay to the areas this toon is build for and where its most effective and you wont have any trouble that I can think off.
Hope that helps. :4rofl:
My Signature

Posted Image

Which is a problem.
If you are powerless.

#50 Fightclub AU

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:43 PM

Hey people. I'm very new to this (I just got Sacred 2 on my xbox 360) and reading your guide pulled me straight to it. So first congrats on such a great build and guide! but I have a question and its stopped me from picking a CA for a few levels now. So I thought I would ask a few questions before I head back into the game.:

1. I'm not to sure why you put Delphic Arcania Focus into a ' must have' category. I was thinking since you said this should be a mounted character you would take Riding?
2. And Armour Lore... why do we need it? HE are weak as it is and no amount of armour will save us. Or is it for the bonuses we get from the armour.

Sorry if they are obvious questions I'm just to too sure.

Fightclub

#51 Katran

• 3,820 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:53 PM

Welcome to FDM Fightclub!
First Delphic Arcania Focus is a must have since it helps you level Grand Invigoration and GI is a must have. It gives you regen cut time and HP regen. DA Focus gives you that all important raze of CA level without penalty when it comes yo GI and trust me you need it.
Now why pick armor when we get killed easy. Well you answered it right there. Think of it this way if you get hit at the start easy and take damage easy what would happen to your toon in Plat or Niob if you dont have Armor lore and Shield lore. :4rofl:
Heres an example for you. At my level of 166 when I get hit monsters make only 2000-3000 damage. This is because I have armor of 46.000 and 49.000 HP. And trust me this are not small number specially the HP. :4rofl:
My Signature

Posted Image

Which is a problem.
If you are powerless.

#52 Fightclub AU

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:02 PM

Thanks Kat. Now to jump in and have a crack at the game. I'm sure there will be more questions coming your way!
Thanks again!

Fightclub

#53 Sylphied

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:36 PM

Welcome to FDM Sylphied! Hope have a great time here and in game.
As for your questions about EP. Thats a valid choice. Having both bargaining and EP is not an overkill. Since they work great together. EP helps you find sets and Uniques as well as more gold things that you cant buy with bargaining and provides you with gold for shopping. Bargaining on the other hands lets you shop at any given time for those all important rings and amulets. Take them both you wont regret it.
As for the toon on the long run as you can see my toon is at level 166 at this time. I havnt seen a noter pyro build in game at this level(if there is some one dont take it personal I just havnt met up with you). As for I having problems no I dont have problems not with damage or defense. As I said in the guide the toon is made to get stronger with ever level thats its key its a toon for Niob its made for the long run. Stay to the areas this toon is build for and where its most effective and you wont have any trouble that I can think off.
Hope that helps. :4rofl:

Thanks for the warm welcome.

[2] Arrant Pyromancer Lore - 75+
[3] Concentration - 75
[5] Arrant Pyromancer Focus - 75+
[8] Bargaining - 75
[12] Armor Lore - 75
[18] Delphic Arcania Focus - 75
[25] Constitution - 75
[35] Enhanced Perception - 75
[50] Ancient Magic - 75
[65] Shield Lore - 75

So I'm thinking this is how I will end up. I'm assuming that these skills should only hit 75 for masteries. However, you will inevitably end up with extra skill points. Where should these go? My guess is that you will want to keep Arrant Pyromancer Lore and Arrant Pyromancer Focus as high as possible. Do you agree with this? I'm also very concerned with how I should be distributing points to Enhanced Perception and also at which level I should be picking it up. The order I have listed above is what I "think" might work but I honestly don't know. I'm wondering if I should be taking it before Constitution.

Finally, is Bargaining and Enhanced Perception worth taking above 75? And how useful is Riding for a HE? I hear it reduces CA times even more...

Edited by Sylphied, 22 May 2009 - 01:39 AM.

#54 Katran

• 3,820 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:28 AM

You have the set up nice EP is where it should be since the real need and practical use of sets comes later. It help at the start but you can live with out it at the start. if you saw in my guide I have APF, APL and Conc. at 103.
As for Barg. and EP well some people add some extra points I dont plan to spend any more in barg. since I can get it up pass 75 with my trading suite. Naturally since you will have a trade suite you dont really need anymore points. If you dont build a trade suite then you will need a lot more. :(
My Signature

Posted Image

Which is a problem.
If you are powerless.

#55 Erling

FDM Imagineer of the Creatrix

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:38 AM

wow! awsome guide Katran! :( im impressed! and it made me want to try a HE actully :viking:
My Signature

Posted Image

#56 BlindPetey

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:42 PM

You list Globe as your gold fireball mod. It's a silver tier one on Xbox.

Do you have any strong reasons to avoid hot trail? It seems like a valuable asset to me, especially with fusilade and greek fire.

#57 Katran

• 3,820 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

I like the 3 fire balls. They look and work great for the short number of levels I used it as a useful CA. At the end of the day you use BT and IS as the CAs for killing. What you do with AF doesnt really matter. The choices in the guide are what works based on the game play I enjoy.
My Signature

Posted Image

Which is a problem.
If you are powerless.

#58 Giard

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:30 PM

Hello,
I'm a new player to Sacred 2 and your guide is very useful in reducing my mistakes while I'm making my first char, a High Elf. I have a question though.

Would Damage Lore be good say, instead of Delphic Arcania Lore?
I believe that Damage Lore mastery would increase a lot the damage of Blazing Tempest's DMT, and also other burns. Would it be a bad choice?
I have chosen Inferno as the bronze mod for Incandescent Skin too, so it would go well with it.

I'd love to have your opinion soon!

Edited by Giard, 27 May 2009 - 05:31 PM.

#59 Katran

• 3,820 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:27 PM

Welcome to FDM Giard! I am glad you like my HE build and that it is helping you minimize mistakes.
As for the question. I answered somewhere I think dont know where but Damage lore is a very good choice. So you are right on track. That will help a lot with the BT burn. Have fun with it.
My Signature

Posted Image

Which is a problem.
If you are powerless.

#60 Giard

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

Welcome to FDM Giard! I am glad you like my HE build and that it is helping you minimize mistakes.
As for the question. I answered somewhere I think dont know where but Damage lore is a very good choice. So you are right on track. That will help a lot with the BT burn. Have fun with it.

Thank you very much!
I'll continue to check your build for any further questions I have.

Have fun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users