Starting a New Shadow Warrior

genmei

Hi well havent posted for a week or so as I have been trying to work out some things in game and in real life but in my travels in game I managed to hit level 40 on my SW at some cost... I died 5 times due too stupid mistakes (dont try to farm orc cave to early in game folks..its not the mobs inside its the crowds sometimes outside whilst you are on loading screen that pwn you).

Any back to subject...I have since then found out many things, like I didnt know that boneslicers were farmable on freeworld mode if you just do the quest line over and over :D so now I have 2x level 30 and 2x level 38 boneslicers, but also I gained a full level 15 armantins set and level 45 armantins set from mob farming.

so basically to the point I have the gear I have the spec im using which is http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9615 and decided to start a new SW this time without dying :) but I have read it over and over and sill have now idea on how to slot my gear. AS I said im DW swords (Bonslicers) Death warrior spec using Armantins aspect gear so I could really use some feedback guys thanks:=) I feel so stupid asking the same things over and over but you guys are my Sacred 2 saviours hehe.

Good luck on that new char :) and this is a totally offtopic post but I had to reply to your signature....

I've been in that situation where my grandmother was on her deathbed and something tragic happened inside my family, I can't say what it was but then I felt like I had to lie to her... I didn't want her to die unhappy.

I usually socket my gear with 1 blacksmith arts that gives me defense/armor in each piece and the rest of the slots with +skills/opponents level for deathblow/damage mitigation.

:smart: you noticed, you are actually first person to have noticed. I am a adult nursing student and part of my degree also involves little psychology too and this was an intersting situation I came across in my thoughts book. So now I must find another situation for all to solve :) but still ty if ppl can reply ON THE TOPIC.

Ahah I was kinda on that track of thought Spunky just needed some outside help from the pros I had already socketed armor defense, in my armantins level 15 Belt also with addition to +skills . Thanks for your quick reply dude as always. :D

Edited by genmei
Moved to Shadow Warrior Discussion

Oh thank you gogo I was unsure on wether I should put it there or not as when I went there I read only build help guides or maybe its just my lazy eyes, but thanks again gogo sorry for the trouble:=)

• 1 month later...

I like Kaiden's build with the exception of his attribute allocation. Assuming you are also devoting points into strength then you probably need between 0-20% minus opponent chance to evade.

Around level 50 or so try to get 40-50% deathblow. This will really help out with the build Kaiden lists because it's lacking a bit of offense. Doubling your damage on a boss once it drops below half health will go a long way. Getting above 50% is usually something you should wait til 100+ to attempt though as the diminishing returns on this stat get very steep, usually after 3 sockets worth of this skill you're practically wasting a socket.

I also like to devote one socket for +regen per hit. This stat will allow you to use your Combat Arts more often. It won't reduce the cooldown of Combat Arts, only the regen. Still, this means that you can usually eat about an extra second or two's worth of runes and still have the same regen time. To give you some perspective, on one of my Shadow Warrior builds I have Skeletal Fortification at a 23 second regen. The cooldown is like 6.7 seconds or something like that and another 17 seconds in regen. I can usually recast that Combat Art about every 10 seconds with a +regen per hit of 2.4 seconds on my gear.

+skills if you have access to them in all of your other sockets. No need to socket defense runes, +skills will give you a much better return, especially considering 5 of the 10 skills in Kaiden's build are defensive. Not to mention the boost you'll get from the other 5 skills as well.

So to summarize you're looking at about 2-3 sockets of -opponent chance to evade, 2-3 sockets of deathblow, 1 socket of +regen per hit and the rest to +skills or anything else you have laying around if no access to +skills.

On my Shadow Warrior I have a regen on Frenzied Rampage at 11 Sec, and can still spam the Combat Art as if it had a regen of 1 sec.

On PC regen per hit has never worked before I installed Ice & Blood.

Ty for the tips Numerii level 40 on ps3 on Genmei (new Shadow Warrior) no deaths playing Gold so pretty happy atm but awesome with those help tips I do agree the build deffently does lack offensive but does has some nice potential with right sockets as you said.