Something Wonderful (a.k.a. empty office)

Ysne58

Clearview employees are done.

The next set of employees is beyond the wall that separates the elves and the humans. You do need to progress past the stage of the main quest that either takes you through the gate (Shadow path) or through a tunnel that goes under it (Light path).

North of Dragonmaw including Griffenburough and Atamark's Gate area

21. Daniel Balster: Daniel Balstar is between Dragonmaw Pass and Griffenburough. He is just north of the road shortly before you get to Griffenburough. You will find him standing on top of a hill.

22. Peter Kullgard: You will find Peter Kullgard standing inside a house on the eastern side of Black Oaks. Black Oaks is north of the Dragonmaw Pass Gate and slightly west. Make sure to activate that portal that is just before the river crossing as you head towards the next employee.

23. Nadim Affani: You will find Nadim Affani on the top floor of a tower a little way north east of the Easter Egg end quest. The tower is at the top of a steep hill.

24. Alan Wild: is northeast of the Grunwald portal.

25. Christian Bus: The quickest way to find this employee is to go to that portal you activated on your way to talk to Nadim Affani: Then follow the road that heads northward. Turn right at the first road that heads east. It will take you to Trallheim Manor. Christian Bus is standing just inside.

26. Daniel Sawitzki: Follow the road from Trallheim Manor back out to the main road. Head northward until you reach a forking in the road (stay on the east side of the river). Follow the right forking inside the Kufferath Castle walls. You will find this employee on the western side of the castle inside the castle walls. He is standing inside a tower that is part of the wall.

27. Raymond Lingen; You will find him standing on a platform with a cannon shortly before the bridge heading north. Follow the river around from Kufferath Castle and talk to him, before you cross the river northward.

28. Ole Metzdorf: Ole Metzdorf is standing on a dock behind a house on the ocean. You need to cross the river that is just past Raymond Lingen and watch for a dirt road heading north.

After you talk to Ole, head back down to the road and then into Atamark. It would be a good idea to talk to the port master so that you have access to the ship.

29. Roger Swindells: Take the western road out of Atamark's Gate. Follow a ways until there is a dirt road headed north. This employee is inside a cabin overlooking the beach.

30. Lars Berenbrinker: Follow the coast around to Pirate Bay. Follow the bay all the way in and past the ship. Roger Swindells will be standing on the veranda of his house.

31. Ulf Winkelmann: Swing back around and follow the rocky area to the first ruin entrance on your left. You will need to go up and accross a bridge to get there. There is a quest giver outside the cave for the "Monster inside a cave" quest. You need to go into this cave and out the other side into a canyon to find Ulf Winkelmann. Killing the Banshee should give you some nice items. Once outside the cave, go down to the stream, cross the bridge and follow the path up to a cabin. This employee will be standing just outside.

Teleport back to Atamark's Gate and pick up the Ghost Village chain quest. You need to complete this quest in order to find Jan Walczak.

Edited by Ysne58
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone tried this quest in Ice and Blood? Does the blue arrow show where next person is in quest?

Just curious if the fact they are circled immediately now actually helps with quest or was just a great way to break the normal quest tracking system. Sure, its nice to see them on map but now whenever I finish a quest, game is more likely to put focus on a staff circle rather than an active quest marker. Or is that just me?

I like how these forums spell out expansion name if I just use initials :yay:

I tested this today and unfortunately it's completely bugged. As soon as you accept the quest, all the markers disappear from your map. Selecting the quest in your log will point you at one marker, but if you go and talk to that npc then the quest gets marked with a green star in your log as if it's completed. So, it's back to finding the npc's the old fashioned way.

The first time I tried this quest it bugged out on me as well. I was using a copy of the map from Wolfe's lair where I marked off each npc as I contacted them. Weirdly, part way through, in the swamp, one of the employees I talked to gave me Benny's Promise and later despite my map/checklist saying I'd gotten all the employees, Heiko never acknowledged it or opened the door to the lunchroom so I could claim my other prizes. When I got Ice and Blood I checked the quest on my old character who ran it and it now had the quest marked completed but even going back to the office I still couldn't access the lunchroom. Sigh.

Anyway, I hope these posts continue and the OP is ok. Nothing since Feb is a bit disturbing. Hope you are still in good health.

Has anyone tried this quest in Ice and Blood? Does the blue arrow show where next person is in quest?

Just curious if the fact they are circled immediately now actually helps with quest or was just a great way to break the normal quest tracking system. Sure, its nice to see them on map but now whenever I finish a quest, game is more likely to put focus on a staff circle rather than an active quest marker. Or is that just me?

I like how these forums spell out expansion name if I just use initials :thumbsup:

I tested this today and unfortunately it's completely bugged. As soon as you accept the quest, all the markers disappear from your map. Selecting the quest in your log will point you at one marker, but if you go and talk to that npc then the quest gets marked with a green star in your log as if it's completed. So, it's back to finding the npc's the old fashioned way.

The first time I tried this quest it bugged out on me as well. I was using a copy of the map from Wolfe's lair where I marked off each npc as I contacted them. Weirdly, part way through, in the swamp, one of the employees I talked to gave me Benny's Promise and later despite my map/checklist saying I'd gotten all the employees, Heiko never acknowledged it or opened the door to the lunchroom so I could claim my other prizes. When I got Ice and Blood I checked the quest on my old character who ran it and it now had the quest marked completed but even going back to the office I still couldn't access the lunchroom. Sigh.

Anyway, I hope these posts continue and the OP is ok. Nothing since Feb is a bit disturbing. Hope you are still in good health.

I will be getting back to this as soon as I am back at that point in a save game. I cleaned out my save game file and realized as soon as I finished it, that I also got rid of the character that I was testing this out with.

The quest pointer has been buggy for this quest with every version I have tried. I think that the problem is too many places for it to point to. I have my doubts that the issue is fixable for that reason. The sacred wiki map does have all the employees marked on it. I find that very helpful. Once I get all descriptions written down on how to find them, we do plan to transfer it into the wiki for the quest.

As far as the quest showing up as complete, yes that is also buggy. I have only completed this quest once. I'm hoping that I manage to complete it and get the actual reward this next time around.

The ring you got in the swamp was from benny, he always gives you that part of set. If quest works, you are meant to get other ring and mace at end of quest.

Sux if the quest markers disappear after you accept quest, talk about illogical & completely backwards. If nothing else pointed out quest was broken, this does. Fact other people have tried quest and not succeeded recently makes me think they broke it somewhere.

The ring you got in the swamp was from benny, he always gives you that part of set. If quest works, you are meant to get other ring and mace at end of quest.

Sux if the quest markers disappear after you accept quest, talk about illogical & completely backwards. If nothing else pointed out quest was broken, this does. Fact other people have tried quest and not succeeded recently makes me think they broke it somewhere.

I need to try it at least once more before I conclude that it is in fact broken. I'm rebuilding my characters right now so that I can work on it again. This will take awhile. I will let you know when I have restarted it with a new character.

I was going to try it on my current seraphim, she just isn't far enough into campaign to accept it yet. I will have to now, even though last time I did the quest I am sure I found everyone on the wolfs lair map and yet it still didn't work, but I can try again. I have succeeded on this quest twice before but it was over a year ago now (and I don't have those characters anymore)

I was going to try it on my current seraphim, she just isn't far enough into campaign to accept it yet. I will have to now, even though last time I did the quest I am sure I found everyone on the wolfs lair map and yet it still didn't work, but I can try again. I have succeeded on this quest twice before but it was over a year ago now (and I don't have those characters anymore)

I plan to do it with my current seraphim as well and she also isn't far enough to accept it yet either.

• 2 weeks later...

I am almost at the point where I can start this quest with my seraphim. My kids are off school next week, so I do not know how much time I will have to play this and the other games I'm working my way through.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone figured out yet whether this quest is bugged for sure yet?

When I went through this the first time with a SW, one of the employees, I think it was Helga Parmiter in the Seraphim Island area, was nowhere to be found. I was unable to complete it with that one.

I am still working on the seraphim. It is slow going and I'm not back to the spot where I was in this guide as of yet.

I can take it and give it a try, my seraphim is up to the jungle (currently running around Crystal Plains) so I can get 1st part. I will attempt it in next few days ;)

I can take it and give it a try, my seraphim is up to the jungle (currently running around Crystal Plains) so I can get 1st part. I will attempt it in next few days :D

Thanks Colif.

I'm still working on leveling my characters before giving this a try again.

• 5 months later...

I still haven't worked my way past where I was in this walk through. I will get there eventually. I really hope this quest isn't broken.

It shouldn't be. I've done it with Ice and Blood 2.65.2 and the CM Patch 0094 and 0100 installed (not at the same time, obviously).

I just picked up the Ghost Village chain quest and am back on track to continue with this guide. I did edit the most recent post to correct two employees that I had listed out of order. My next post will finish up the Atamark area.

Finishing up Atamark and Griffinborough area:

32. Peter Grimsehl: He is in a burnt out house in the Whisperwood area not far from where the woman is located for stage two of the first quest in this chain.

The chain quest starting with The Ghost Village must be completed before you can find the next employee. Pick this quest up by talking to the historian in Atamark's Gate on the eastern side of the village.

33. Jan Walczak: Once you complete the Ghost Village chain quest, she is in the village.

34. Jan Langermann is in the Last Watch cemetary, where the second quest in the chain starts.

35. Simon Trumpler is in Skook's corner. Simon and Daniel are standing near each other in the center of town.

36. Daniel Muller is in Skook's corner.

37. Franz Stradal: From the teleporter, follow the road outside the city wall north. He is standing next to a telescope behind a house just before you cross the bridge heading north from Griffinborough.

38. Christian Grumwald is in the Griffinborough cemetary.

39. Hans-Arno Wegner: From the Griffinborough teleporter, follow the road outside the city wall south to the southern gate. From there head into town. He is in a house in the middle of town.

Urthak's Moxie

40. Catharina Zeist is northeast of Urthak's Moxie behind a lookout tower at Point Peak.

41. Thomas Dahling is in the keep just north of the town.

The next group of employees is in the Orc lands. Make sure you have completed the part of the main quest in Orcish Byway before moving on.

Edited by Ysne58

Orc lands employees.

42. Julian Pies is west of the Nor Plat gate, in a tent just north of the road to Tupak.

43. Stephan Hodes is on the coast north of Julian Pies. Follow the border wall north.

44. Marco Giertolla is south east of Ruka. He is not easy for me to find. It is necessary to go through Ruka and out the

southeast entrance to that town.

45. Kay Struve is almost directly south of Tupak. If I haven't already completed the boss battles in Tupak, I usually do that

before talking to her.

46. Mattias Seuss is located in Tharak just north of the monolith. Head west from Tupak accross the river and then south.

47. Jochen Hofmeier is in Karagh. Follow the road northwest out of Tharak. He is on the western edge of town. There is also a port in Karagh.

48. Torsten Meier is northwest of Karagh along the coast.

Entraug is between these employees and the rest of the employees found in the Orc lands.

49. Aarne Jungerberg can be found on the south east side of the river in Entraug.

50. Jens Eischeid is standing in a gazebo behind the Temple of the Gods that is south of Entraug. It is necessary to go to a

cave at the south end of the troll area. Go through the other exit onto the island that holds this temple.

51. Peter Luber is west of Entraug. The easiest way to get there is to follow the road south out of Entraug and follow it as it goes west. He is in a stockade just south of the road before the next crossroads.

52. Michael Bustler is in the mountains south of Peter Luber. There is a path just east of where the road goes up into the mountains. Follow that to find him. Then go back to the road and follow it to a cave.

53. Michel Dumont can be found inside the next cave by following the road around after talking to Frank Rentmeister.

54. Frank Rentmeister can be found at the other exit from the cave that starts at the end of the road, inside a tent.

55. Stefan Hinz is in Za'Zurek near the player chest

I did not take as long this time.

56. Mark Kulker is on the northwest part of Seraphim Island. He is slightly northwest of where you find the librarian in the main quest.

57. Helga Parmiter is in the part of the cave system where you get the Dragon Scale amulet part of the main quest. That cave

also contains the Human Outpost portal.

58. Torsten Allard is in the cave that has an entrance/exit on Mer-Kil's island.

59. Marc Oberhauser is in the human settlement in the southwest section of MerKit's island.

60. Mark Intelmann is at the end of a peninsula on the northwest edge of Mer-Kil's island.

The next area is the swamp.

Edited by Ysne58

These are the employees in the swamp area:

61. Daniel Dumont is standing just east of the small portal that first brings you to the swamp. There is a teleporter and a resurrection monolith just to the west of this small portal.

62. Bastien Rolf is northeast of Daniel Dumont.

63. Tobias Berghoff is northwest of Hissil'Ta.

64. Simon Kranz is east of the Hissil'Ta teleporter, up in a tree house.

65. Guido Neumann is north of the southeastern Hissil'Ta teleporter.

66. Dirk Shumacher is east of the teleporter. To get there, you need to find the path that starts at the southeastern corner of that section of the map and follow it. You will need to fight the dragon boss that he is standing near.

67. Benny Kayser is in a compound to the south of Hissil'Ta proper. He drops a ring called Benny's promise.

68. Boris Fornefeld is located west of Hassil'Ta and southeast of the Marigold Fields.

69. Antonio Bloise is directly south of the Marigold Fields. He is in the building just south of the Hisui'Sul teleporter in the back.

70. Daniel Lieske is in the southwest part of the swamp near the soul stone/resurrection monolith.

Edited by Ysne58

Ysne, I like he one word sentence descriptions you are putting together here through the posts. Would it be possible to make, lets say, your first post in this series have all the collected names with your location descriptions beside them? We'd then have a very quick reading list that anyone can quickly run their eye down as a kind of check list. Have you also seen the Wiki pages on these quest characters that got done just recently? This is Anca. If you have any info or perhaps hints tips to get to her, where she is to be found, etc that could be very helpful for players questing for her.

Thanks for all this time again helping out Sacred Addicts :D

:)

gogo

I can do a quick check list of the names and general areas. I just finished up the desert area.

71. Andreas Muller is south of Khorum just off to the west of the road between Khorum and the archeologist camp.

72. Felix Schuller is in the northwestern corner of the desert area.

73. Dag Winderlich is in the southwestern corner of the desert area.

My intent is to have a document that can be added to the wiki when I am finished. I also plan to add the information about how to find each employee to that employee's page. I need to get the quest finished first.

I just tried editing Steve Manekeller's page and it worked. I will start adding in the info for each employee as I get time.

Edited by Ysne58

I can do a quick check list of the names and general areas. I just finished up the desert area.

I just tried editing Steve Manekeller's page and it worked. I will start adding in the info for each employee as I get time.

Yee haw, edits still be a working, and those employee pages are going to cornerstone this entire quest with the map coords once Schot gets the functionality perfect.

:)

gogo

Forest area including Na Fian is now complete. I have added these to the wiki.

74. Maxmillian Mantz is south of the Archaeologist Camp. Go east from the soul stone that is south of the river. He is at the

back of a ruined temple (Temple of Tears).

75. Stefan Maton is on the second level from the top of the temple in the northeast corner.

76. Simon Voelker is in a mine. The easiest way to find him is to follow the first road south from the Archeologist camp portal

and turn west at where the road forks. After you pass a pool of chi energy, there will be an area to th north. Follow that until you come to the mine entrance. He is quite a ways in. The marker shows up once you enter the mine.

77. Ralph Roder he is in a cave north of Na'Fian. Follow the coast north from Na'Fian as far as you can. You meet the quest giver for the Boathouse quest. Accept that quest. You will find the cave Ralph is in on the way to retrieving the key. Ralph is standing next to a really tough boss at the back of the cave.

78. In order to find Alexander Conde you need to complete the Boathouse quest. To get that quest follow the coast north of Na'Fian until you find a man with a question mark. After you complete the quest, take the small portal to the upper island off the coast. Go south until you reach a cave at end of island. Go through the cave and continue south on southern island until you reach Alexander. He is right next to return portal. You also come accross the Earthlord quest while traveling to visit this employee.

Edited by Ysne58