Hard Damage Rings for a Heavy Damage Melee or Ranged

Just had a look & at level 1 the poison damage is 4 regardless of what the equipped weapon is (so it's not a % modifier based on weapon damage) without Tactics Lore. level 31 FR gives 161 poison damage (again with 0 Tactics Lore). level 32 Tactics Lore (+101.5%) gives 205 poison damage which is only a 27% bonus... level 32 FR with level 32 Tactics gives 214 poison damage.

So I'm in over my head. No amount of math gets those numbers to make sense for a neat formula. Tactics lore is providing bonus to the added poison damage, but not linear (which has always had me confused, but I just assumed armour/resistances were doing funky things to my damage).

TY for the clarification, Chattius! <sigh> Sorry I can't be more help here.

If you play niob you probably have a percentual increase of around 2000

2000%?!

um, level 75 (mastery) of tactics lore gets you 200%, and let's assume you have some slots for +% damage which = 200%, assume ancient magic, or combat discipline give you another 100%

so 500-600% in Niob when you arrive there is likely.

Where are you getting 2000% from?! (unless you are in inquisitor that directly buffs damage with Purifying Chastisement)

Well don't forget that some Combat Art's have x% damage per level, and 12+ sockets with niob whet from blacksmith.

I think FR is attacke in spells.txt:

mgr.defineSpell( "sk_tc_attacke", {

tokens = {
	entry0 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 899, 1, 0, 9 },
	entry1 = {"et_baseAW", 200, 250, 0, 5 },
	entry2 = {"et_damage_any_rel", 320, 80, 0, 5 },
	entry3 = {"et_chance_doublehit", 200, 0, 1, 5 },
	entry4 = {"et_chance_bleeding", 98, 2, 2, 5 },
	entry5 = {"et_chance_doublehit", 200, 0, 3, 5 },
	entry6 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 99, 1, 4, 5 },
	entry7 = {"et_weapondamage_poison", 28, 14, 5, 9 },
	entry8 = {"et_life_leech", 20, 10, 6, 9 },
},
})

3+4 are the 2 bronze modifier, 5+6 silver, 7+8 gold

entry2 is a x% damage which scales with level. Rel = relative?

entry1 is base attack value ( thats why I gave up on a weapon skill for magic coup on my elves, I just boosted the base with alchemy at bosses)

entry0 ? Could it be a multiplier to base damage applied before any x% damage raise?

Sorry I just started to play with spells.txt and this when I noticed that noone is working on horse Combat Art's. I normally prefer to find out stuff myself. So I am not that much into this to absolutly know what each line is doing:

2.8 +1.4*level poison damage

because it is modifier 5 from 6

Not sure what the nine is, probably some flags.

If it are flags than 1 could mean that it is used in damage calculation and 0 that it is a modifier which affects duration ,cooldown,... but it is not needed in damage calculation. I am no coder, so there are other people probably better fitted in decrypting it.

Flags:

1- If 1 then the modifier is used in damage calculation at a hit(?)

4 - mergeable with same modifiers from equip?

8 - done first at execution of combat art (before item stuff?)

32- 'lasting' effect on target, buff, temporary buff? Can be positive as reflect, or negative as damage over time ticks

128- base damage for spells?

The flags are just guesses right now, based on 4 combat arts :)

Flag xx1xxxx0 would mean that a damage over time entry would not use the hit calculation and therefor can't be resisted by armour/mitigation?

Okay that was my first half an hour to understand flags. And I even don't know if it are flags. I always thought being forced to code in parallel fortran was complicated when I did maths at university after 8 years of army.

Edited by chattius
mgr.defineSpell( "sk_tc_attacke", {

tokens = {
	entry0 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 899, 1, 0, 9 },
	entry1 = {"et_baseAW", 200, 250, 0, 5 },
	entry2 = {"et_damage_any_rel", 320, 80, 0, 5 },
	entry3 = {"et_chance_doublehit", 200, 0, 1, 5 },
	entry4 = {"et_chance_bleeding", 98, 2, 2, 5 },
	entry5 = {"et_chance_doublehit", 200, 0, 3, 5 },
	entry6 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 99, 1, 4, 5 },
	entry8 = {"et_life_leech", 20, 10, 6, 9 },
},
})

entry0 ? Could it be a multiplier to base damage applied before any x% damage raise?

#0 is a damage multiplier, but it starts off a 90% of weapon damage (ie, decreases damage, since you're doing lots of hits)

2.8 +1.4*level poison damage

Ok, I'm a muppet, I was reading that as 20,10...

Edit: On an interesting note though, this kind of weapon-less damage might be useful for the weapon-less builds, since it's essentially "free" damage, assuming you're going to pump Tactics Lore you'll get some damage & won't have to sacrifice any slots for it. It may not be the "best" choice though, depends on what the other mod choice is. Life leach is a curious one, it's non-resistable (& heal's you), but can only be boosted by the Lore, not by +% damage.

@essjayehm:

FR won't have just base weapon damage. The damage multiplier and 32%+8%*level damage is already in because of the combat art. If the above discussion is true.

@Llama8:

I am not sure how much of a base elemental damage from a modifier will actually hit a target if fighting weaponless. Small damage junks are probably absorbed by armour. So one should wear a damage type modifying glove? So the poison part of the hit is big enough to pass?

Mortifying_Pillory

*Mortify - Reduces the target's defense value. (90 + 10 per Combat Art level decrease)

*Decay - Adds more poison damage. (6 + 2 per Combat Art level poison damage (+damage modifiers))

Decay is probably better

Ruthless Mutilation

*Smolder - Adds fire damage to each successful hit. (3 + 1.5 per Combat Art level fire damage (+damage modifiers))

* Frenzy - Chance for double hits on each affected opponent. (9.9% + 0.1% per Combat Art level chance)

At Combat Art level 100: 153 more base weapon damage compared to 20% doublehits. Will 153 more weapondamage result in more than 20% damage?

Demonic Blow

*Frailty - Temporarily reduces the opponent's armor class. (50% + 0.1% per Combat Art level decrease)

*Poisoning - Adds poison damage (damage over time). (4% + 1% per Combat Art level)

Poison damage should be 4+1*level? Will have to look up.

entry5 = {"et_debuff_reduce_armor", 500, 10, 3, 9 },

entry6 = {"et_weapondamage_poison", 40, 10, 4, 9 },

Wiki is wrong, it is either 50+1per level or 50% +1% per level? Is reduce armour every damage type. If it is % then Combat Art levels above 50 should result in negative armour? Not sure which modifier is best out of this reasons.

Frenzied Rampage

*Envenom - Adds poison damage to Frenzied Rampage. (2.8% + 1.4% per Combat Art level)

*Vampire - Chance for the Shadow Warrior to leech from the target and add them to his own hitpoints. (2 + 1 per Combat Art level) - This works exactly the same as Life Leeched +X and is modified by Tactics Lore, but not by +% Damage.

Envenom seems to be fix not %. Probably Vampire is better because it is not resisted and heals.

Spectral Hand

*Chill - The spectral hand inflicts additional ice damage. (4% + 1% per Combat Art level)

*Intent - Increases the chance to land critical hits. (19.8% + 0.2% per Combat Art level chance)

Chill is probably 4+1*level. 104 Base damage against 40% critical. With a cold damagetype modifier and enemy not resisting cold, chill is probably better.

The whole stuff get's complicated with armour piercing, direct damage and such.

On another topic:

Do you think that the idea that 4th variable is a flag could be true?

@Llama8:

I am not sure how much of a base elemental damage from a modifier will actually hit a target if fighting weaponless. Small damage junks are probably absorbed by armour. So one should wear a damage type modifying glove? So the poison part of the hit is big enough to pass?

This is true, a damage converter glove (which I've only seen exceptionally rarely) would include that small amount of poison damage in with the rest of the elemental damage to get more of it past resists.

On another topic:

Do you think that the idea that 4th variable is a flag could be true?

Yes, just not sure what. I might try & have a look at it later (depending on how bored I am at work).