Voodoo Dryad (black magic woman)

okay dryads level 73 w/ 10 hours and 54 minutes of playtime. Born I beleive you would like this one levels fast and can kill kill kill. I have a new approach to the voodoo dryad I will post in this thread as well. one that actually usses her main supply of damage and can shop.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay dryads level 73 w/ 10 hours and 54 minutes of playtime. Born I beleive you would like this one levels fast and can kill kill kill. I have a new approach to the voodoo dryad I will post in this thread as well. one that actually usses her main supply of damage and can shop.

My dryad is level 95 on gold now with 30 hours playtime but I started adding spell intensity rings at like level 70 I only just realize it helped it spread fast but as I get higher and higher I need more spell intensity and this is annoying when it stopped working. it was like pot luck if it would work properly like start off with quite a big number of mobs and do it by itself... ughhh anoying and confuising.

Things I got working:

Damage on viperish disease

Things I need working

Less damage so it can spread faster

And just spread fast anyway

So in general it doesnt spread fast enough! :twitch: thats my main problem

Though im not sure if acute mind helps make it spread though

Edit: I thought il add extra information of my combat art levels =) though the monsters im using my exploit on are like level 110 and my suvival bonus is 89% and havent died once.

NOTE:you dont have to read this but it might help I dont know ;) Just incase you need it to help me out

Cabalistic voodoo:

Twisted tourment: level 5 (memorised runes 1)

Viperish disease: level 55.5 (memorised runes 58)

Black curse: level 5 (memorised runes 1)

Malicious totem:level 11 (memorised runes 1)

Moribond animus: level 44 (memorised runes 40)

Nature weaver:

Edaphic lances:level 9 (memorised runes 1)

Tangeld vines:level 6 (memorised runes 1)

Golgland touch: level 6(memorised runes 1)

Acute mind: level 6 (memorised runes 1) (--- thinking about pumping that hard :bounce:

Ancient bark:level 28 (memorised runes 20)

skill levels and order I put them

Nature weaver lore:80

Cabalistic voodoo focus:75

Ancient magic:75 (--- this did help quite a bit at mastery

Combat diceplene:30

cabalistic voodoo lore:20

conecentration:1

Enchanced perception: 10

Bargaining: 75

Nature weaver focus:20

Sheild lore:10

without acute mind:Inteligence:553 spell intensity 962 (+74% from gear so you know if I need more spell intesity

With acute mind:inteligence 1212 spell intensity 2110

Hope you can help me :D:twitch::blush: and my experince per kill is +121%

Edited by Born to kill

Need to be a little more accurate then as it would be impossible to help out with that little info.

What is it that doesn't work out for you?

Welcome :viking:

Well I have been folowing this guide am level 6 ATM and I'm not sure how this v d works I sat there running around using in on tones of kolob or wut ever they called ther I runn off somewere save (stayed away from towns and cities ) but after nealy a hour of waiting I didn't get no xp

adamz do you have the barbarian head equipped for kobolds? this is going to hurt born but I see wht your problem is>.> already. you have eaten wayyyyyyy to many runes in vd in prior post I mentioned not to eat to many. Its a rough balance you wont vd to kill them but you dont wont it to kill them if that makes any since. I'll explain the way it works is staying on the mob as long as possible to spread to the next clossest mob. So if that mob dies to fast then the vd spread is somewhat canceled. At level 50ish or so VD your taking 22-25% hp from the mob a second so theres no way vd is going to last long enough to spread to the next nmob it will stay on the ground for a very little bit but not long enough to generate a good spread. So as I recomended dont eat any more then 10 runes for vd eat runes in everything else but vd. Spell intensity does enhance the spread as well.

DING DING DING level 100 w/ 15hours and 40 minutes of play.

link

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/karr...t/100voodoo.jpg

I went to the kuffer and grunwald. All I have to say is holy FECAL MATTER! that's a dangerous area you sent us to to level up. All of the humans there are armed with fire stuffs, so running around trying to get everyone infected is like a death sentence. Your trying to stay clear of the flamers since you obviously have ancient bark running. Then the humans get mixed up with the animals or vice versa and your wearing the wrong shrunken head to keep a consistent spread. I'm a little behind on the powerleveling becuase I somehow got caught up doing quest. I don't know what it is, but I just kind of gravitated towards doing them for some reason. So I'm sorry to say that I'm just level 33 with 20 hours in. I'm sorry I failed your build. I will stop doing quest tonight and just get my grind on.

What kind of gear should I be looking out for? I know that this dryad is supposed to be a shopper, but I really want to take her to the end. Is that going to be possible with this build or do I need to start a new one? Since the black smith skill doesn't work on PS3, I feel like I'm missing out on the utility Temple Guardian. Oh well.

Is ancient magic really necessary? I'd really like to use shield and armor lore. I figure with me putting all of my points into intellegence, the enemies won't have much resistance to VD any way.

After doing my last build you can nix the ancient magic and do armor lore. This is just what I used you can update/change what best suits you as a player^^. Also if the humans are any mob is hitting you to hard then update ancient bark. Dont worry about changing head while getting the disease to spread just stick to the main source of mobs in the area and keep that head on.

I've already have it fully modded for a while now. Fire is just one of the inherent weakness of using such a great buff. So there is really nothing that can be done about that.

Very true its Ascarons way of making her Vulnerable. I wish I could make a map but where ive done most of my leveilng is pretty easy and I can walk you thru it. I start off whith a insect head in southern hissai(Swamp region). From the portal run north gather the few monsters/ohms there then head east and gather the spiders there(dont cast vd yet just gather mobs so it spreads fast 1st). Continue east to the next group of monsters/spiders now cast vd this should have about 5-10 monsters/spiders/ohms following you. So now you have a good spread already just in that group continue east till you get to the mountain side then head due South. Samething here till you hit the mountain base then head west. going west till you reach the area where the glowing blue pod is on the ground then head north just to the bottom of hissai. Becareful not to activate the Hissai dialog or you will reset your disease. At this point just run east again. Just one big circle which will generate massive experience. You could run all the way north at any point and see a stupid amount of experience roll in from the mobs that have died like 10xs since youve been running around in a big circle. Totally up to you. In the lower levels the circle is more of a rectangle. Start out with a barbarian head and head north east of sloeford. Head to where the warp is this is the best area to get experience from 1-10+ kobolds have low experience and die fat and repop very fast. So now that your there gather a few kobolds then cast vd from the warp head north east as if you were going to kill white griffin but dont go in the area where he is. by the time you get that far up the entire area will be dying very fast. head back south then east and across the lake then due north. almost to the area where you go to kill kobold chief. Then back south. (rinse and repeate). south back toward the warp back north east. then back south. you could head far east aswell because everything past the small lake will be dying at this point.

adamz do you have the barbarian head equipped for kobolds? this is going to hurt born but I see wht your problem is>.> already. you have eaten wayyyyyyy to many runes in vd in prior post I mentioned not to eat to many. Its a rough balance you wont vd to kill them but you dont wont it to kill them if that makes any since. I'll explain the way it works is staying on the mob as long as possible to spread to the next clossest mob. So if that mob dies to fast then the vd spread is somewhat canceled. At level 50ish or so VD your taking 22-25% hp from the mob a second so theres no way vd is going to last long enough to spread to the next nmob it will stay on the ground for a very little bit but not long enough to generate a good spread. So as I recomended dont eat any more then 10 runes for vd eat runes in everything else but vd. Spell intensity does enhance the spread as well.

DING DING DING level 100 w/ 15hours and 40 minutes of play.

link

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/karr...t/100voodoo.jpg

Are you saying I need to start again? :twitch::blink::( if I do start again il proberly try make a dual wield dryad (with viperish disease obviously) but somewhere on google on another thread/website they said they had vd damage at 50% and still get it going :P:crazy: what to do... though I wouldnt make the build by myself because it might go wrong.... Terribly Wrong

Though the guy with Damage 50% is like proberly doing it the hard way and the 10-20 runes (your way) is proberly easier like on 50% damage you would proberly mess up alot

Edited by Born to kill

Guess I'll throw in my 2 cents. I've built 2 of them now. One a shopper, one a non-shopper. Note, I'm playing on 360 version.

Shopper (Lvl126 Niob, 5 deaths):

- Concentration - 1

- Nature Lore - 100

- Nature Focus - 100+

- Voodoo Focus - 126

- Combat Reflexes - 5

- Armor Lore - 75

- EP - 5

- Bargaining - 126

- Tactics Lore - 5

- Dual Wield - 1

Non-Shopper (level 65, Silver, 0 deaths 3h26m of gameplay, LOL)

- Nature Lore - 65

- Voodoo Focus - 65

- Nature Focus - 65

- EP - 1

- Concentration - 1

- Combat Reflexes - 5

- Armor Lore - 37

- Tactics Lore - 5

- Dual Wield - 1

- Combat Discipline - 1

I plan to save glitch this one up to platinum and annihilate that difficulty. I'm pretty sure I can hit Niob at lvl100 in under 10 hours. The reason why I took concentration much later is because I spent more of the earlier levels just doing desert runs.

Mods:

Nature Weaver

Ancient Bark (Rugged->Divert->Invigorate)

Goldenglade (Flow->Perservere->Dilligence)

Tangled Vines (Tendrils->Singe->Encroach)

Edaphic Lances (Thorns->Stings->Singe)

Acute Mind (Proficiency->Insight->Easiness)

Voodoo

Viperish Disease (Gangrene->Transmission->Contaminate)

Moribund Animus (Malice->Elevation->Fury)

Black Curse (Porous->Elongate->Expert)

The last two skills are moot

Attributes:

1-50: All Vit

50-150: 1-Vit, 1-Sta

Equipment:

Weapons

Dual Wield 2x Tinwora's Curses as main weapons, 2x Officer Sabers for experience suit

Alternatively, I guess I could also Dual Wield int staffs, but I like the bonuses from Tinwora's better.

Anything with decent slotting and good native bonuses like +all skills, +all Combat Arts, spell intensity, casting speed, all channels DM, run speed, etc.

Rune Priority:

Animus and Ancient Bark. Animus's level is kept around twice my current level, Ancient Bark as high as I dare take it without caring about regen penalty. GGT gets just enough levels to give me a full heal as well as chain cast.

Strategies:

I chose dual wield for extra slotting, and I didn't feel I needed the extra defense from shields. Plus, Tinwora's is just awesome for casters.

Mobs: Animus pretty much 1-2shots everything. Vines makes them sitting targets. Fully modded, can root several things at once. Since I modded for damage, along with casting speed, with acute mind, it can wipe out large mobs pretty quickly. For bosses, vines+curse+acute mind+lances is ridiculous, one-shotting bosses in Niob. Early levels, if you're not feeling comfortable with the desert yet, you can VD a pretty huge portion of high elf territory. Starting at the save point near white griffin, I got it to spread amongst the kobolds first, and was able to walk well over the east side near the elven capital before I reset the game. Disease Combat Art level is kept at 1 rune. It can be boosted later with +Combat Art gear if you need more damage in harder difficulties. Go with whatever you are comfortable with and can pull off. In Niob, I can still pull it off at disease at a Combat Art level of 87. (Run speed is at 150%)

Conclusions:

Voodoo dryad is simultaneously one of the strongest and definitely the laziest of all of my characters. The only reason I even had 5 deaths for my shopper was because I was stingy with runes and didn't eat any ancient bark or GGT runes. Once I started, I could literally just walk into Orc Cave and stand there while my animus killed them, as well the orcs killing themselves from reflected damage off ancient bark. I built the second Dryad just see if I could make her even more ridiculously strong since I now have the extra hard points not wasted on bargaining, and combat discipline boosting damage and combo regeneration time being that I'm always comboing anyways. Ancient Bark is already one of the most overpowered defensive skills, but combined with GGT it's just sick. GGT modded is chaincastable and provides a pretty high willpower boost and full heal per second. Fire Relics and Fire mitigation (Either from all channel DM or 3 pieces of Eternal Flame gear) deals with bark's weakness. Acute Mind modded and at high enough Combat Art levels boosts your int to, what? 8000-10000? There's something to be said when you can take out all 4 nameless guardians in niob in under 2 minutes without even being concerned about taking damage. Regarding disease, aside it's only there to quick-level the desert. I imagine that if I were playing it without the disease exploit, I'd still play her the same way, it would just go at the same speed as my other characters.

Edited by Purple Lizard

Behind purple 100% you can throw in what ever you like for the 10th because you dont need the defense I just think about dual wield when I built her and wow now you got me interested in that lol. Also you nixxed the ancient magic also another great choice not 100% needed. I really just thru it in my build since I didnt plan on meleeing at all or really doing any quest q/ her just leveling her extremely fast and and smashing all the mission quest is all. W/ the combo flexes you picked 100% you wouldnt need defense cause all shes doing is standing there evading everything while they die from trying to hit you lol. SAd to say born yes since you have the jist of the build id redo her. This time around youd level 2xs as fast especially from recycled gear from this one you have now.

Ive desided to go one step further on this build so people see what I mean about spreading the disease and the regions I talked about in this post. What does that mean exactly Video! Not sure 100% when I'll be able to do it but I will asap in 2 weeks or so. Ive been enjoying leveling my Inquisitor now. Talking about a beast. 2nd fav to build destroy rebuild so far. His potential is awesome.

Oh I just ran some numbers with my level 126 shopper Dryad

- Goldenglade - Combat Art level 89.4, 36 runes eaten

Cooldown + regen time: 5.7s

Duration: 12 sec

HP Regeneration - 15,407/sec

Before Goldenglade:

Willpower - 372

Spell Resistance - 372

After Goldenglade:

Willpower - 6048

Spell Resistance - 1,753

Acute Mind - Combat Art level 85.9, 28 runes eaten

Cooldown + Regen: 31.5s

Duration: 19.2s

Intelligence + 7209

Regen time -56.6%

Before Acute Mind:

Int - 493

Spell Intensity - 864

After Acute Mind:

Int - 9763

Spell Intensity - 4,229

Ancient Bark - 97.5, 58 runes eaten

Regen of all combat arts: +29.2%

Resistance Bonus: 50,115

Defense Value: +985.9%

HP Regen: +1,447/sec

Physical Resistance: +4851

Poison Resistance: +3393

Before Ancient Bark:

Defense: 1,252

Armor: 10,101

After Ancient Bark:

Defense: 10,776

Armor: 102,300

Yeah, caster Dryad is kinda ridiculous...

Edited by Purple Lizard
Oh I just ran some numbers with my level 126 shopper Dryad

- Goldenglade - Combat Art level 89.4, 36 runes eaten

Cooldown + regen time: 5.7s

Duration: 12 sec

HP Regeneration - 15,407/sec

Before Goldenglade:

Willpower - 372

Spell Resistance - 372

After Goldenglade:

Willpower - 6048

Spell Resistance - 1,753

Acute Mind - Combat Art level 85.9, 28 runes eaten

Cooldown + Regen: 31.5s

Duration: 19.2s

Intelligence + 7209

Regen time -56.6%

Before Acute Mind:

Int - 493

Spell Intensity - 864

After Acute Mind:

Int - 9763

Spell Intensity - 4,229

Ancient Bark - 97.5, 58 runes eaten

Regen of all combat arts: +29.2%

Resistance Bonus: 50,115

Defense Value: +985.9%

HP Regen: +1,447/sec

Physical Resistance: +4851

Poison Resistance: +3393

Before Ancient Bark:

Defense: 1,252

Armor: 10,101

After Ancient Bark:

Defense: 10,776

Armor: 102,300

Yeah, caster Dryad is kinda ridiculous...

what level is your viperish disease at? just wondering because the insane level I put into mine apparently according to karrupted kat.... I messed up

For that Dryad, I only have it at 5 runes eaten. Because I have +Combat Art equipment/accessories/blacksmith slotted on my real equipment, it's pushed to somewhere between lvl50-85 (not near my console right now, so I don't remember) and that's with the more damage bronze mod taken. However, I also have an experience suit forged which gives me 220% experience and brings disease down to lvl17.

That being said, I've been able to successfully run the desert in Niob with my real equipment on and diseased pushed up that high, but it was trickier. I had run speed at 150% which helped a lot. It's actually not a big deal, as you'll still kill off the desert. You just have to be a bit more careful with your path, and you cannot afford to double back anywhere. I found circling Khorum to give me decent results. I always start my disease trail at Badawi where all the little scarabs are. If disease runs out, I just port back up to Badawi and restart it.

My current Dryad, I've actually just left at 1 rune. In general, if it's silver/gold, I think you're ok if it isn't pushed past lvl10. In Platinum, around 20ish.

Really though I think the most important thing is to figure out if you're doing it right in the first place. The first couple hours of me trying it, I was getting frustrated because I was barely gaining experience. Finally I realized that I was not casting disease enough. What I was doing was just casting disease on the first big group, and then kiting them and using them to infect things. What you really have to do though, is cast disease on that first group, and if it has spread to about 3-4 bugs, run as fast as you can to the next uninfected enemy you can find and cast it, and just keep on doing that, don't stop. Eventually it gets to a point where the next group you reach is already infected. Keep casting for maybe 1-2 more iterations. You know disease is in full effect when you look in the distance and you see that everything is infected. After that, it's just a matter of running.

Behind purple 100% you can throw in what ever you like for the 10th because you dont need the defense I just think about dual wield when I built her and wow now you got me interested in that lol. Also you nixxed the ancient magic also another great choice not 100% needed. I really just thru it in my build since I didnt plan on meleeing at all or really doing any quest q/ her just leveling her extremely fast and and smashing all the mission quest is all. W/ the combo flexes you picked 100% you wouldnt need defense cause all shes doing is standing there evading everything while they die from trying to hit you lol. SAd to say born yes since you have the jist of the build id redo her. This time around youd level 2xs as fast especially from recycled gear from this one you have now.

Ive desided to go one step further on this build so people see what I mean about spreading the disease and the regions I talked about in this post. What does that mean exactly Video! Not sure 100% when I'll be able to do it but I will asap in 2 weeks or so. Ive been enjoying leveling my Inquisitor now. Talking about a beast. 2nd fav to build destroy rebuild so far. His potential is awesome.

Are you saying I should copy purple lizards guide? (the level 126 shopper?)

And purple lizard because your going melee does that mean your using the magic staffs and boost for acute mind to kill bosses?

Edited by Born to kill

Never said anything about going Melee :)

I mean, you certainly could if you wanted to. Dual Wield magic staffs boosted by acute mind would rip things easily. However, I wanted to play more of a pure caster instead. I chose dual wield so I can dual wield Tinwora's Curses. A lot of people like Officer Sabers because they have 3 gold slots, but for combat purposes, I like Tinwora's better. Why? Officer Saber's native bonuses are Faster Survival Bonus and Attack Value. Compare that to Tinwora's, whose native bonuses are +all Combat Arts, -regen time, and and Armor Lore modifier for casting speed, all of them MUCH more useful at the cost of only 1 gold slot, and the bonuses are I think often better than what you can forge onto them unless you already have a high level shopper forging for you. However, I do have uses for Officer's Sabers, in that I just forge nothing but experience on them as part of my experience suit.

Like I said earlier, for mobs, I just use Tangled Vines fueled by acute mind. With my casting speeds and low regen time, I can constantly root large mobs that do about 6000-7000 damage per second, with my scorpion animus picking off the rest. It also helps that I pretty much reflect melee damage. I'll toss out Edaphic Lances sometimes too if I think it will help.

As for bosses, it really depends on my goal. For straight kills, 2 combos: Tangled Vines + Black Curse, Tangled Vines + Edaphic Lances. With Acute Mind up, most bosses in Niob die in one TV:EL combo for me. I can kill all 4 nameless guardians in less than 2 minutes. If I'm head hunting, I'll toss out a Totem and a few Twisted Torments before using Acute Mind to hopefully increase my chances (though this may just be a placebo effect). I also have a scorpion animus up at all times. It's currently at level 237 I think, and can do 17000 per hit on bosses.

My build is really only based on my own playstyle. Go with whatever you are most comfortable with. I had already built many HEs and caster Seras, and a few caster TGs, and my wife had already built several ranger Dryads, so I kind of had an idea of where to go with it. I had a few deaths at the beginning but that was because I VASTLY underestimated the defensive powers of Ancient Bark and GGT, as well as Acute Mind. You'll notice in my second Dryad, I rearranged some skills to prioritize getting mod points. Concentration isn't really necessary at first if you plan to do disease runs in the beginning. However, if I were to play a non-disease Caster Dryad, I'd certainly pick it first so I can have Ancient Bark and Animus. If you take a look at my numbers, you can see how I justified some of my skill choices. Acute Mind + Black Curse basically replicates Ancient Magic, GGT basically replaces Spell Resistance. Ancient Bark already ups your Defensive value, which is why shield lore isn't really necessary, which leaves you with Combat Reflexes for upped evasion and decreased weapon critical. Ancient Bark alone, with enough Combat Art levels, outclasses constitution mastery, GGT is the icing on the cake. As long as you make sure nothing can one shot you, you're fine. You can do that in a number of ways. Since I skip constitution, I dump 1 point into Vit every level up to give me a higher max HP. Mitigation gear is also very helpful. Armor Lore mastery gives you access to all channels mitigation equipment, Chestplate of Flame has a native physical mitigation bonus, and 3 Eternal Flame sets gives you fire mitigation bonus. I always go with 3 fire relics for fire armor, which I believe is also increased by Armor Lore and Ancient Bark, pretty much negating the vulnerability to fire damage. Also consider how your regeneration times will be. Because most of my work is done by Animus at first, I was pretty liberal with eating Ancient Bark and Animus Runes, and could afford the slightly higher regen times. Besides, Tinwora's does a pretty good job negating some of it, as well as a few Niob BS Enhances.

hey guys, just read this guide and I´m quite surprised about handling this one with ONE d*mn Defense skill! WTH?!

And how should you do this girl playing Hardcoe-mode(after this question has been ignored after asking it :))

I've been going about my second Dryad with more of an HC approach, and no problems so far. Since in hardcore, your first and foremost goal is to not die. For me that meant getting Ancient Bark and GGT modded ASAP. Without Constitution, I put 1 point into VIT every level. After lvl50, the extra point goes into Sta to start improving regen times. I kept Ancient Bark at my level and GGT just high enough to get a decent willpower boost, chaincastable, and heals at least over 50%. I kept nature lore/focus and voodoo at my level.

Depending on if you go disease/desert runs or not, you have 2 options. If you decide to go disease free and the long way, take concentration first. Mod Animus first, and eat enough runes to always keep him at twice your level. You'll be relying on it to do the bulk of your damage. You can toss out a totem if you want to distract things, but I didn't find it too helpful. Twisted Vines helps too to let your animus pick things off. With bark high enough, reflect damage will also contribute quite a bit, especially when things start hitting harder.

If you are doing desert runs though, you can wait on concentration, and mod disease first. If she's your only character, you will be hurting for gear, money, and equipment though. If you don't have other characters helping you out with gear/contributing runes/money, it'll be a bit painful. You'll find yourself hunting kobolds for drops and digging through bins to find whatever you can to sell or trade for runes you need. If you're feeling confident, you can hunt some minibosses for gear/money. Wild boar is pretty easy, as is scorpion. If you're lucky, you might even get a scorpion head. Boss fights will basically be you using tangle vine and black curse while your summon smacks it.

Regardless, after bark and GGT, you have to decide how you want to help out your animus. I personally went with twisted vines full mod first, to be able to tangle full groups. You can even do acute mind first. I stopped giving points to Nature when I hit level 100 and everything was fully modded. Voodoo focus was always at my level to keep animus high.

Basically, this build focuses heavily on survival first, so offense will be lackluster and you will be hiding behind your beast of an animus. Once acute mind comes to play though, your offense skyrockets. Boss runs become significantly faster, and you become a walking defensive thing of death. Disease is more of a convenience of not having to spend hours upon hours grinding for levels, but at the cost of falling behind in equipment and runes. It helps if you already had a whole lot stashed in your hero's chest :) As I said earlier though, Voodoo dryad is simultaneously one of the strongest and definitely the laziest of all of my characters. Seriously, with ancient bark and animus with GGT up, I can just walk into the middle of things and hang out, even in Niob.

Sorry I dont go into full detail like purple but they couldnt have said it better her main goal is survival in regular mode and HC and her biggest downfall is being able to kill things/bosses prior to a fully moddeed vines/lances/Bc and acute mind. After all that has been done you can kill any bosses w/ in 1 or 2 cast of my 2nd combo. The abosulte main goal of this build is to level fast as hell to help you other characters. You may if you like change the formula and make this or a similar version of her to best suit you.

So this builds main focus level fast buy as many amulets and rings to help your other characters level later on.